Match thread | Page 5 | Vital Football

Match thread

I
I was told on a referees course that the feet have to be behind the line, as the touchline is in play. This seems to have been ignored for a long time by linesmen.
I've noticed watching matches on ifollow that most of Jackson's throws he has at least one foot over the line.

Managed to avoid hearing/seeing the score and watched "as live" (due to an appointment) and thoroughly enjoyed the game, even though the so-called "commentary" from the BBC chap was absolutely naff (as usual) and nowhere near correlated to what was occurring. Peter Parker`s alerts and prompts frequently save his co-commentator from coming across as an even bigger twat.

Long balls mainly from the opposition today, while we had moments of delightful short progressive passing that would, but for Covid, have had us chanting about Brazil from the stands! Well, we do get a bit excited when 2 or 3 up away from home, don`t we?

Rochdale lacked any sort of cohesion in this game and our inflated numbers in midfield pressed them very well. Tenacious, industrial and energetic shifts from all of our guys - even big John.

Well done to all, the whole team played very well. But for me (sorry Chris !) i`d probably make Ryan Jackson my MOM today.

Good stuff, UTG.

Yep I missed this one too. Typical.

Great win though lads. Anyone in particular cause the destruction or an all round good team performance?
Main cause, IMHO, was that Rochdale were poor.

Packing the midfield and playing Akinde on his own up front worked well too. I'm unsure if Oliver was rested or unfit but it was a good call. Dempsey and Robertson were great; it's not often that we boss the midfield but we did for stretches today.

Main cause, IMHO, was that Rochdale were poor.

Packing the midfield and playing Akinde on his own up front worked well too. I'm unsure if Oliver was rested or unfit but it was a good call. Dempsey and Robertson were great; it's not often that we boss the midfield but we did for stretches today.

Think I saw somewhere pre-kick off that Evans said Oliver and Coyle were both only around 80% fit.

Think I saw somewhere pre-kick off that Evans said Oliver and Coyle were both only around 80% fit.
Yes Oliver hobbled off after the Accrington game on Tuesday, and was clearly playing with a knock/injury in that game, might explain his 2 bad misses in the match.

Great result only just trying to catch up with the news .Limited daylight means I simply can't watch a 1pm kick off.