Fleetwood (A) | Page 3 | Vital Football

Fleetwood (A)

Barton will be fuming but his team did eff all in the second half apart from time waste. Well done to the boys for sticking at it even if we did lack quality in the final third

Feels nice to score late in the game, actually forgot the feeling! After that horrid performance Vs Rochdale and the first half today. That second half shows a ton of character.

I know the first half was disappointing but I point out that we played against the wind in first half and actually apart from their goal there was not a lot between the two teams !.
In second half with wind at our backs we were better team and fully deserved a point !

Worst commentary I have ever heard on a game. You would have thought he would have learnt the players names and he couldn't even pronounce Tommy Gores name correctly.

All that said the first half we looked completely out of it and I feared we were in for a pasting after the goal. We never got going and kept hitting the ball high into the wind without anyone of height to try and get on to it. I don't understand why we have a midfield, they don't win second ball and must have sore necks watching the ball soar over them every time the keeper or back four get hold of the ball.

Second half with the wind at our backs we persisted with kicking it long for most of the third quarter only to see it catch on the wind and fly through to their keeper whilst our forwards failed to press the centre backs. When we did start to get the ball down and play through the midfield we started to get on top and the possession stats started to even out and we looked more in control of the game.

Their keeper made a terrific save only to see it parried out to "Cronksoe", or whatever name he called him, to head the ball in after following the shot in. Well done Ollie.

Not a game for the purist but in the scheme of things a valuable point, a much improved performance on midweek, and despite some of the miserable posters on here we are still only three points off safety with a new owner and transfer window to come.

Worst commentary I have ever heard on a game. You would have thought he would have learnt the players names and he couldn't even pronounce Tommy Gores name correctly.

All that said the first half we looked completely out of it and I feared we were in for a pasting after the goal. We never got going and kept hitting the ball high into the wind without anyone of height to try and get on to it. I don't understand why we have a midfield, they don't win second ball and must have sore necks watching the ball soar over them every time the keeper or back four get hold of the ball.

Second half with the wind at our backs we persisted with kicking it long for most of the third quarter only to see it catch on the wind and fly through to their keeper whilst our forwards failed to press the centre backs. When we did start to get the ball down and play through the midfield we started to get on top and the possession stats started to even out and we looked more in control of the game.

Their keeper made a terrific save only to see it parried out to "Cronksoe", or whatever name he called him, to head the ball in after following the shot in. Well done Ollie.

Not a game for the purist but in the scheme of things a valuable point, a much improved performance on midweek, and despite some of the miserable posters on here we are still only three points off safety with a new owner and transfer window to come.

“I don't understand why we have a midfield, they don't win second ball and must have sore necks watching the ball soar over them every time the keeper or back four get hold of the ball.”

Hoofing the ball up the pitch is on instruction of manager and not the fault of the players !

I agree it’s stupid in such conditions and should be kept with the players on the ground !

When played through midfield, I thought Perry & Merry controlled it well and I don’t think you can fault Merrie in his commitment and success in tacking, winning the ball mor often than losing it !