Fleetwood (A) | Page 5 | Vital Football

Fleetwood (A)

Good point well made, however it doesn't stop the ball coming back to us every time the ball is hoofed forward, it may eliminate the immediate threat but just delays the inevitable with the ball coming back so often.

My point is that we are punting the ball high and long at every opportunity and that is putting pressure on Merrie and Perry in midfield who are being overrun. There is a time to hit it long but that is not every time, there were plenty of opportunities to play it short and even play the simple pass into midfield and yet it was hit long into a strong headwind.

I appreciate the comment about more quality players coming in, but that may not happen, so the players we have need to adapt. As I said they will make mistakes but hopefully they learn from them and improve.
I thought that Perry had been put in front of the centre backs, so that he could provide a distribution option

I thought that Perry had been put in front of the centre backs, so that he could provide a distribution option

He probably was and would possibly do a decent job however the way that the ball is being pumped forward at every opportunity doesn't give him the opportunity. He is having to stave off wave after wave of opposition midfield players pouring forward alongside Chris Merrie, who incidentally is doing a great job, as the ball just keeps coming back at them as we fail to win the challenges against bigger, stronger and more experienced centre backs then fail to win the second ball.

We are making it easy for teams to set up against us as they know that if they hold off our forwards they will get the jump on them as the ball is hoofed forward every time. If we varied it they would need to get tighter and the likes of Naismith and Joseph would have a chance.

If you are playing long either have a Kieffer Moore type to flick on / hold up or get your mids up the pitch to win a high % of second balls.
It's not difficult or complex in fact it's a level 1 coaching drill for enthusiastic dads.
We are doing neither - not sure why ?

If you are playing long either have a Kieffer Moore type to flick on / hold up or get your mids up the pitch to win a high % of second balls.
It's not difficult or complex in fact it's a level 1 coaching drill for enthusiastic dads.
We are doing neither - not sure why ?

I thought that was the reason we signed Will Keane to try and play a similar style to last season.
If Keane is fit maybe Joseph should drop to the bench as a plan b type of player.
If things aren't going to plan bring him on in a formation change.

I thought that was the reason we signed Will Keane to try and play a similar style to last season.
If Keane is fit maybe Joseph should drop to the bench as a plan b type of player.
If things aren't going to plan bring him on in a formation change.

I don't see Will Keane as a Keiffer Moore type player, to be honest he is more akin to Nick Powell. If we continue to play long ball football then we need to look at getting a big brick shithouse of a striker to bully and win the ball against opposition centre backs with Will Keane playing off him.