Would be Millwall, wouldn`t it ? | Page 15 | Vital Football

Would be Millwall, wouldn`t it ?

As an advocate for free speech i will very much boo our players for doing something i dont agree with. To not do so makes me a hypocrite.

How is turning your back respectful? Yes you're entitled to do whatever you feel fit if players decide to take the knee, but claiming turning your back is being respectful? although granted less offensive than booing.
What is there to "respect" about a movement - BLM - that by the definitions of its supporters must be "racist"......
i.e. accusing "White Lives Matter" of being "racist", and, bizarrely "All Lives Matter".

Such hypocrisy / double standards (possibly ignorance / lack of thought for others / behaving like sheep, who knows) deserves little respect.
So if players fail to "respect" paying spectators by pushing such a divisive, sectarian agenda, they deserve push-back.

Maybe kneeling only merits turning one's back..... but a black power salute deserves the loudest boos possible.

What is there to "respect" about a movement - BLM - that by the definitions of its supporters must be "racist"......
i.e. accusing "White Lives Matter" of being "racist", and, bizarrely "All Lives Matter".

Such hypocrisy / double standards (possibly ignorance / lack of thought for others / behaving like sheep, who knows) deserves little respect.
So if players fail to "respect" paying spectators by pushing such a divisive, sectarian agenda, they deserve push-back.

Maybe kneeling only merits turning one's back..... but a black power salute deserves the loudest boos possible.

I wasn't commenting on the movement, I was referring to ST saying he didn't want to offend a Gills player ( who has expressed his support for taking the knee) on a match day but then goes on to say may be turning his back would be a respectful way of showing his disapproval.

I'd hazard a guest JG would be offended by someone turning their back or booing.

but then goes on to say may be turning his back would be a respectful way of showing his disapproval.

I'd hazard a guest JG would be offended by someone turning their back or booing.

Players could hear the boos but presumably would be focused on looking at the player in front of them to notice if anyone turned their backs. Turning your back is more passive protest than actively and aggressively booing.

If p
Players could hear the boos but presumably would be focused on looking at the player in front of them to notice if anyone turned their backs. Turning your back is more passive protest than actively and aggressively booing.
If people did nothing it would stop quicker. Just have a chat and eat your pie.

I wonder what sanction will be applied to the person who booed at Exeter City ? I believe that he (think it was a he) was ejected by stewards (not police, I hope, as from the circumstances available it is not a police matter), on behalf of ECFC. The club is, of course, entitled to eject person/s from their property.

But what can ECFC do ? I suppose that they could invalidate the persons ST and apply an appropriate refund. From the circumstances currently available it doesn`t appear that the person has committed a criminal offence.

It will be interesting to see how this matter unfolds, as it appears that this was a matter between just one person v ECFC. Doesn`t seem, like at Millwall, that it was a big group of people booing, just this one person. ECFC have possibly, in effect, made this personal. Rightly or wrongly, the person is now likely to have his character dragged through the press in what could be a thoroughly OTT reaction. Perhaps the person might even have a case against ECFC, no shortage of lawyers wanting to take on protracted actions.

What should the sanction be, if any, for someone Booing the Knee Takers, or should, as Mehmet reasonably points out, potential boo persons just get on with eating their pie and ignore anyone Taking the Knee ?

Mate very recently went to championship match,not saying where,not Millwall but during the kneeling ceremony quite a few supporters turned their backs,Will this be deemed an offence punishable by removal

I wonder what sanction will be applied to the person who booed at Exeter City ? I believe that he (think it was a he) was ejected by stewards (not police, I hope, as from the circumstances available it is not a police matter), on behalf of ECFC. The club is, of course, entitled to eject person/s from their property.

But what can ECFC do ? I suppose that they could invalidate the persons ST and apply an appropriate refund. From the circumstances currently available it doesn`t appear that the person has committed a criminal offence.

It will be interesting to see how this matter unfolds, as it appears that this was a matter between just one person v ECFC. Doesn`t seem, like at Millwall, that it was a big group of people booing, just this one person. ECFC have possibly, in effect, made this personal. Rightly or wrongly, the person is now likely to have his character dragged through the press in what could be a thoroughly OTT reaction. Perhaps the person might even have a case against ECFC, no shortage of lawyers wanting to take on protracted actions.

What should the sanction be, if any, for someone Booing the Knee Takers, or should, as Mehmet reasonably points out, potential boo persons just get on with eating their pie and ignore anyone Taking the Knee ?

I've seen a video (which I can't share) that was footage taken from the crowd. There was quite clearly more than one person booing and jeering the gesture. I hope for this fans sake , that he is not made an example of , but I fear the worst.

Cancel culture by the right, according to the definition of some of our contributors. I'm sick of reference to alleged and actual policies of a US organisation to justify ignorant behaviour at English football grounds. If you don't like the actions of your own players, don't believe or accept their views about discrimination and object to their making their feelings known, fine. Do be prepared to accept the consequences of your brave and noble stand.

I am unable to view a video, which valencia is unable to share with us. I am able to read the very many tweets by players of several clubs, which show what they all think they are doing and what they think of opposition by some fans. It's worth noting that a majority of fans have made their support of players clear.

I am not desperate to get back to Priestfield to boo players.