Would be Millwall, wouldn`t it ? | Vital Football

Would be Millwall, wouldn`t it ?

LancsGordoRoad

Vital Champions League
Fans back at games in the Capital today but what will likely be the main news ? It`ll be this: Millwall followers booing the players for taking the knee pre-game v Derby.

Don`t know how many boo boys and girls there were but why boo ? If you think the gesture is unnecessary why not just remain silent and keep your thoughts to yourself ?

Dion Dublin, who had a loan spell at Millwall in 2002, said of the booing at the New Den "They don't agree with taking the knee, which means they are racist. They don't agree with Black Lives Matter; that says they are racist to me. It says to me that a minority of Millwall fans are spoiling it for a club that is going in the right direction with a tag they have had for years and years and they are trying to eradicate it."

Derby won 0-1. Good ole Millwall....... !

Fans back at games in the Capital today but what will likely be the main news ? It`ll be this: Millwall followers booing the players for taking the knee pre-game v Derby.

Don`t know how many boo boys and girls there were but why boo ? If you think the gesture is unnecessary why not just remain silent and keep your thoughts to yourself ?

Dion Dublin, who had a loan spell at Millwall in 2002, said of the booing at the New Den "They don't agree with taking the knee, which means they are racist. They don't agree with Black Lives Matter; that says they are racist to me. It says to me that a minority of Millwall fans are spoiling it for a club that is going in the right direction with a tag they have had for years and years and they are trying to eradicate it."

Derby won 0-1. Good ole Millwall....... !
Agree. I've made it clear what I think of the prolonged ritual but to boo is an absolute disgrace. So predictable. Feel sorry for the decent Millwall fans of whom I know a few.

Last edited:
most Millwall supporters I know are the least racist people imaginable. Blacks whites have all grown up together , no problem whatsoever. What they are fed up with is the whole charade of taking the knee to a criminal and an racist marxist organisation,, who are using Racism to grow support. Let's hope most football supporters do the same, including Gills supporters. .

most Millwall supporters I know are the least racist people imaginable. Blacks whites have all grown up together , no problem whatsoever. What they are fed up with is the whole charade of taking the knee to a criminal and an racist marxist organisation,, who are using Racism to grow support. Let's hope most football supporters do the same, including Gills supporters. .

Sadly predictable and they have ensured that it will continue longer than it otherwise would. Own goal, home defeat, not a good result and sorry for the Millwall board who have done their best.

What they are fed up with is the whole charade of taking the knee to a criminal and an racist marxist organisation,, who are using Racism to grow support. Let's hope most football supporters do the same, including Gills supporters. .

Yawn.

Maybe they dont agree with politicising sport in this way.

Discrimination of any type isn’t political it is about basic human decency.

To use the same comparison that Nobby did a few days back... ...I didn’t really agree with the ‘clap for NHS’ but I didn’t go out in the street and boo my neighbours.

Anybody that boos people who are making a stand against discrimination is a racist.

"is in no way representative of any agreement with political messaging or ideology. It is purely about tackling discrimination"

So, by that logic, the government does not need to get involved with tackling discrimination as it is not political.

And nobody needs to dream of an end to discrimination as that would be ideology.

IMHO I can not see how you can differentiate between the two.

I dream of a day when american police do not kill black men, but also dream of a day that police are never murdered in the course of their duty.

I am sorry but I also do not respect a gesture that is aimed in an indiscriminate manner at a whole crowd, harking back to a slave trade that was only widespread decades before anyone in that crowd was born.

Real racists will pay no attention. Some may think the response from some of a Millwall crowd rather proves that point.

Yawn.
Anybody that boos people who are making a stand against discrimination is a racist.

But that is the point, It is not making a stand against any specific piece of discrimination at the time it happens. Why should the 90%+ of non racist law abiding and educated football fans have the criminal excessive force used against a violent career criminal in America or the slave trade going back to their great grandparent's time "represented" before getting what they have paid good money for.

Both Dion Dublin and Trashbat should start with "in my opinion" before stating something as fact (that someone or something is racist) when it is clearly open to their own selfish interpretation.

"
I dream of a day when american police do not kill black men, but also dream of a day that police are never murdered in the course of their duty..
American police have killed more white men than black men.

Have you fallen for the sectarian, divisive narrative that the death of George Floyd was "racist" ?
Why wasn't it a matter of a couple of poorly trained, or poorly monitored cops ?

If BLM isn't "political" then why were people who said "All Lives Matter" slurred as "racist"?

And if anyone had dared to say "White lives matter too ", is anyone seriously saying that "White supremacist" would not be the response ?

Equality of treatment needs to mean what it says.

As for "police murdered in the course of their duty", perhaps you might consider checking out the numbers by race of those most likely to engage the police in a shootout.
But is it "racist" or "cultural" ?

Last edited:
!
Has Dion Dublin actually asked anyone who criticises that "knee" and / or BLM ?
Too often SJW / woke types delight in asserting what others supposedly "think".
Are they mind-readers ?

Many people outside the media/celebrity bubble have concerns about BLM and the "knee".
A few managed to get through to LBC.....
....including black callers who disapprove.

Have you fallen for the sectarian, divisive narrative that the death of George Floyd was "racist" ?
Why wasn't it a matter of a couple of poorly trained, or poorly monitored cops ?

I haven't fallen for that narrative, but have not discounted it either. Without knowing what was in the mind of two men on another continent and what their motivations were, I do not see how anyone can say it was or was not racist.

I do remember someone (may have been Nobby?) on here posting an endless list of murdered police in response to a list of police brutality cases against the BAME community.

I also remember those gay men being murdered in a Reading park some months ago by someone who happened to be from the BAME community. If their relatives indicated that ethnicity was factor, I am sure that THEY would be the ones accused of being racists.

These issues are much more complex than the PC Brigade would like you to believe.

I haven't fallen for that narrative, but have not discounted it either. Without knowing what was in the mind of two men on another continent and what their motivations were, I do not see how anyone can say it was or was not racist.

These issues are much more complex than the PC Brigade would like you to believe.
I'm not sure that they are "much more complex".

If one looks at the way people treat each other, "culture" often seems a better explanation than "race".

A few days ago, my hairdresser hinted at these topics ...then decided not to pursue them.
But picking up the clues, I encouraged him to speak freely.

Somehow we got onto educational attainment....
...that black African kids do better than both white British and Black Caribbean..
Surely that suggests "culture" not "race ?

Then I remarked that Chinese and Indians got top GCSEs.....
...and this seemed to result from pushy, aspirational parents.
To which he replied:
"Absolutely. my parents were pushy. I'm half Indian".

By the way, this mixed-race guy thought BLM was divisive.....
....but was initially reluctant to say so.
[Maybe Dion Dublin should have a chat with him too :rolleyes:]

"Why wasn't it a matter of a couple of poorly trained, or poorly monitored cops ?"

I can think of several things to call Officer Chauvin -a poorly trained or poorly monitored cop does not spring to mind. People may have parlayed Mr. Floyd's death into many things with which you and I might not agree, but he slowly squeezed the life out of a man, ignored his requests to let up, ignored his junior colleagues, and dead-eyed the crowd who were begging him to stop for an extended period of time . No need to minimize the sheer wickedness of this to make your point, in my view.

I can think of several things to call Officer Chauvin -a poorly trained or poorly monitored cop does not spring to mind. People may have parlayed Mr. Floyd's death into many things with which you and I might not agree, but he slowly squeezed the life out of a man, ignored his requests to let up, ignored his junior colleagues, and dead-eyed the crowd who were begging him to stop for an extended period of time . No need to minimize the sheer wickedness of this to make your point, in my view.

Exactly. Sounds like the actions of a psychopath. As well as the whole police force, football stands are full of 'em, apparently.