Match Thread: Rochdale v Lincoln City | Page 22 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Rochdale v Lincoln City

Its been a very thin hunting ground in the past - I can recall two defeats on consecutive Saturdays in the mists of time.
I remember a midweek one when I was still in Hull. I wouldn't normally go to Rochdale midweek but I was on holiday at Center Parcs, Penrith at the time.

Rochdale, Penrith, both in the North West; I'll pop along and watch this one thinks I.

Couple of hours later on The M6 - This North West is a big area thinks I.

We lost.

Was out during game. Highlights really impressive, and stats on BBC website also. Second in table, 3 points ahead of third with a game in hand. I don't think any of us would have predicted that at the beginning of the season. I've kept saying we won't be there at end of season, but longer season goes on.................

Really good result. I had no idea what to expect given Rochdale's very inconsistent form.

Monstma's value goes up by the game. Muat hold on to him until the summer though. What a great decision to give him a three year contract?

Peterborough lose for the fifth time in six games with only four goals scored, and they lost the game before that on penalties too.

And Lee Johnson gets off to a flier at home to Wigan, losing to their only shot on target all game. Sunderland are now eight points behind us and are next up in the league.
As your article showed, they had an easy start overall. They've started playing some decent sides now.

If Appleton keeps signing lads like montsma, you might wake up and find we are in the championship.
Cannot be many on here who actually saw them in the old Div 2 , thats one dubious benefit I can claim ! In 60 years of watching, these last four years is as good as it gets, just shows what can be achieved if you have the right people at the Club from the Chairman / Manager (s) / CEO downwards , plus we have Jules running this site for us , Gary Hutchinson and the like, all coming together at once . Enjoy !!
UTI.

Really good result. I had no idea what to expect given Rochdale's very inconsistent form.

Monstma's value goes up by the game. Muat hold on to him until the summer though. What a great decision to give him a three year contract?

I have seen a few say first million pound player, surely it would be £3 to £5 million?

For example, Rob Dickie (25) was signed by QPR from Oxford in League One with a year left on his contract and Oxford weren’t going to accept anything less than a seven figure sum.

In the summer, Montsma will be 22/23 and with two years on this contract left and a better all round player.

Alex Palmer's 9th clean sheet from 15 league games.

Also, we have now conceded just one goal in our last six away league games (Doncaster).

What is remarkable about this is the number of different combinations we have had playing in front of him in such a few short games, yet what little difference it has had to the results.

Right back - Bradley, TJ, Harry, Gotts
Right centre - Montsma, TJ, Jackson,
Left centre - Jackson, Walsh, Roughan, Cann
Left back - Roughan, Edun, Melbourne

That is not to mention that Bridcutt, Edun, Grant and Gotts have all played in the defensive midfield role in front of the back four.

I may have missed some, but the point is how fluid our personnel have been and how little difference it has made to the style of play and the results.

If anything this has been the most impressive thing for me. The method is all-consuming and the players know how to fit in, what the role is and the ship has gone sailing on regardless.

Last edited:
I have seen a few say first million pound player, surely it would be £3 to £5 million?

For example, Rob Dickie (25) was signed by QPR from Oxford in League One with a year left on his contract and Oxford weren’t going to accept anything less than a seven figure sum.

In the summer, Montsma will be 22/23 and with two years on this contract left and a better all round player.

Post global pandemic, no one is going to pay £3 to £5 million for a league one centre half with a single league season behind them.

I agree entirely, and Sunderland have a takeover imminent - apparently it is the new owners who have appointed Johnson. Ipswich is a better fit for NC/DC, I would like to see them turn up there.
Ipswich feels like a better fit and the Cowleys would be received more positively there rhan at Sunlun, I think. A number of them have been wanting the Cowleys since they were at Braintree.

Actually I'd say Montsma most definitely is in going to be a multi-million sale for us but hopefully not until we've won promotion.

What was Harry Maguire? £80 million???
Who would you rather have??

Harry Maguire obviously, given he plays regularly for Man Utd and England, which, no matter how shit everyone thinks he is, is obviously a far better standard than us.