Match Thread: Rochdale v Lincoln City | Page 21 | Vital Football

Match Thread: Rochdale v Lincoln City

Montsma is definitely the sort of player we should be trying to build a solid, mid-table League 1 side around. The sort of team that can keep us 6 points above the relegation zone for most of the season.

I can see him moving from being a sound squad player to playing quite regularly for us in a couple of seasons; once he has found his feet.

Lewis Montsma's goal was City's 40th of the season from their 23rd game.

For those who like comparisons, Danny's team scored 46 from their first 23 games in 2016-17.
I loved the Cowleys approach and we would never be where we are without them. Yet football like today is a joy! Nice stats Scotimp, shows a footy game can be more than goals.

Not been able to follow today so can only go on the basics. Sounds like a thoroughly polished performance today keeping Rochdale well out of it. Just seen the goals on Sky. A great team effort for Jones. Neat ball to Tayo who puts in a great low cross. Smart step over from? And a wonderful finish. The second is what a I’ve been crying out for. When the chance comes have a dig. Montsma did just that and the result... A cracking finish. Good results around us again and we are sitting pretty in second. UTI 👊💥

Not been able to follow today so can only go on the basics. Sounds like a thoroughly polished performance today keeping Rochdale well out of it. Just seen the goals on Sky. A great team effort for Jones. Neat ball to Tayo who puts in a great low cross. Smart step over from? And a wonderful finish. The second is what a I’ve been crying out for. When the chance comes have a dig. Montsma did just that and the result... A cracking finish. Good results around us again and we are sitting pretty in second. UTI 👊💥
McGrandles step over

Peterborough lose for the fifth time in six games with only four goals scored, and they lost the game before that on penalties too.

And Lee Johnson gets off to a flier at home to Wigan, losing to their only shot on target all game. Sunderland are now eight points behind us and are next up in the league.

Him and his dad always talk about game, bit like Jackson
They've backed the wrong horse imho, Cook would have been a better option if they wanted someone to work in the structure they have there, no good to the Cowleys as they wouldn't have enough control.
Ipswich job might have been on the cards at one point today.

Montsma is definitely the sort of player we should be trying to build a solid, mid-table League 1 side around. The sort of team that can keep us 6 points above the relegation zone for most of the season.

I can see him moving from being a sound squad player to playing quite regularly for us in a couple of seasons; once he has found his feet.

Shouldn't this be in olive? 😉

They've backed the wrong horse imho, Cook would have been a better option if they wanted someone to work in the structure they have there, no good to the Cowleys as they wouldn't have enough control.
Ipswich job might have been on the cards at one point today.
I agree entirely, and Sunderland have a takeover imminent - apparently it is the new owners who have appointed Johnson. Ipswich is a better fit for NC/DC, I would like to see them turn up there.

Johnson's appointment as 'Head Coach' explains why better options have not taken that job. Seems he took charge today despite only being in the job a couple of hours. Would have learnt much more sitting it out as MA did in the Oxford game last season

Johnson's appointment as 'Head Coach' explains why better options have not taken that job. Seems he took charge today despite only being in the job a couple of hours. Would have learnt much more sitting it out as MA did in the Oxford game last season

Appleton really was implacable last season. Basically, 'this is the way I play, you will play like that and be given the opportunity to show me that you can play my way. If you cannot play my way I will replace you with people that can play my way'.

He said that from the off and he didn't BS.