Thommo | Page 8 | Vital Football

Thommo

Oh please, do tell? ..... not that giggling imbecile (who has never stepped foot in Anfield)? He can't keep living off 'I'm hugging Danny's Dad forever can he?

As for Steve, I still haven't fully forgiven him for getting needlessly sent off at Fulham, or Imps 0 Barnet 6 when he was Manager.

Oh, and I've just remembered when Oldgaurd and I interviewed him when I was Editor of the DF. When I asked whether he'd considered visiting work-places (like Graham Taylor used to) to help whip up enthusiasm as attendances were poor, he replied by saying "fvck the factories' ..... along with other arrogant retorts to completely innocent questions.

Toodle pip Thommo :wave:

Your not a fan then mate?
I do know of players who played under him who said some of his training methods left a lot to be desired.
I dont mind him in his role as summeriser, I could even put up with Hortin if he put a bit more effort and research into the game he was commentating on.

I dont mind him in his role as summeriser, I could even put up with Hortin if he put a bit more effort and research into the game he was commentating on.

Let's face it, even with a day job to do and two games a week, it doesn't take much to get up to speed on the opposition. Simply following the links on this forum gives a good grounding and a few things to mention during the game. Add 30 minutes watching highlight reals so you can recognise a few players and making a few notes on both sides of an A4 sheet of paper on the club, the squad (a list of names next to numbers is a good one) and some 'points of interest' and you are good to go. What's that, 90 minutes prep per game; tops?

I farm around Leadenham and the George is my local. Been run down last few years but new Landlord came in 18 months ago and totally renovated the pub. Stable bar re done as a sports bar in March and was doing well until this virus came along.

The old Landlord had 700+ whisky’s but sold 300 when he left. One whisky was £200 a tot and got dearer as the bottle got lower!

Damn. Never knew about that pub !
Would have been a regular otherwise!!

Might have been me who said Thommo's not a dinosaur!
And me, I flinch at every modern PC utterance on tv etc. Find it all pathetic.
Female Doctor Who for example, what a load of nonsense.
Changing lyrics of the Pogues song, total nonsense too and disrespectful of the artists.
And changing Guy Gibson's dog's name to Digger. Another prime example of PC crap gone mad.
We're heading to a society that's a combination of 1984 Big Brother and a medieval catholic church and their Spanish Inquisition.

There’s parts of London where you get arrested if you speak English. True fact. Bloke in the pub told me.

And the BBC want to ban the national anthem.

We do not need the previous manager back at the club, to haunt MA&DK after the amazing job they are doing , with playing football again (obviously giving credit for the job they did for us) I am sorry to say this but we now have a proper experienced manager at the helm.
And do not welcome their comments about what MA says or does, and the comments they say about other clubs ( Crewe critisism for example). please just stay away.

Surprised that the Echo or whatever the on line version is called. Would be better for them to report something local instead of national carbage regurgitated into a local format.

Might have been me who said Thommo's not a dinosaur!
And me, I flinch at every modern PC utterance on tv etc. Find it all pathetic.
Female Doctor Who for example, what a load of nonsense.
Changing lyrics of the Pogues song, total nonsense too and disrespectful of the artists.
And changing Guy Gibson's dog's name to Digger. Another prime example of PC crap gone mad.
We're heading to a society that's a combination of 1984 Big Brother and a medieval catholic church and their Spanish Inquisition.
I'll just leave this here

Radio Lincs seem to having a cull of their more mature staff in recent days/weeks too, getting rid of the high earners?
Was Thommo even paid?