#COVID19 | Page 524 | Vital Football

#COVID19

Sounds dodgy to me.

I'm sure the government would say you could weave your own hair out of twigs and grass, with no need to travel.

There again, this government lost touch with reality a long time ago.

Don't be sad!
You've been had by the media and the establishment.
Remember May saying that they wouldn't allow him to become PM.
It was said with so much conviction.

If they wasn't so scared of Corbyn winning why would they throw everything at him? They spent so much money to stop him. Even setting up social media bot farms.

Sigh.

I dream of a country where bigots and their apologists don't exist.

It's clear that will never happen when my choice is between the Tories and people like you.

Here's an interesting comment on Covid which just might help to prove a point, could even provoke different opinions although it's only slightly connected to politics.
Aus has just experienced a day with no new local cases at all, first day for a good many months and according to the experts this is due mainly to hard lockdowns and good track and trace systems. All of our states and territories have closed their borders at one stage or another and some are still shut. It's probably worth pointing out that we have excellent testing facilities too.
Much of this has been unpopular but general opinions now seem to indicate that it's all been worthwhile. And it's not been cheap either, our economy has suffered and it's going to take us years to get square although the rest of the world appears to have the same problem.
It's probably worth pointing out that the virus seems to be catching people at a younger age the second time round, that it's also possible to catch it more than once and that the after effects vary quite a bit.

I think he doesn’t want to get blamed for everything.
Yes. Because clearly that is the most important consideration for politicians in the midst of our biggest post war crisis.

Does this cabinet not realise that this is it for them? Their entire careers are contained within this pandemic. None of them will be worth shit after this; none are going on to glittering cabinet careers afterwards.

The post pandemic government will be almost entirely made up of different people. Sunak alone might be tolerated, but the rest of this lot will be burned out and the tolerance of the public towards them will be even more burned out

Yes. Because clearly that is the most important consideration for politicians in the midst of our biggest post war crisis.

Does this cabinet not realise that this is it for them? Their entire careers are contained within this pandemic. None of them will be worth shit after this; none are going on to glittering cabinet careers afterwards.

The post pandemic government will be almost entirely made up of different people. Sunak alone might be tolerated, but the rest of this lot will be burned out and the tolerance of the public towards them will be even more burned out

I find the perception of Sunak an odd one at times. He hasn't been particularly bold economically, perhaps in contrast to austerity years it seems so.

Also surely offering the North 67% and the South 80% will upset those seats the Tories took from Labour.

I find the perception of Sunak an odd one at times. He hasn't been particularly bold economically, perhaps in contrast to austerity years it seems so.

Also surely offering the North 67% and the South 80% will upset those seats the Tories took from Labour.

Those seats were never going to be kept though, Labour could have any other leader & they’d win most back.

North aren't listening or taking note. The numbers that matter are sick of politics. Don't for one second imagine the voters that switched to Tory are remotely on top of that kind of detail.

They elected to a clown to make them smile and knew that. Consequently, because they knew he wasn't a serious PM from the start, they are uniquely forgiving and accomodating of his fuck ups in a way they would never have been to a serious, competent candidate

Those seats were never going to be kept though, Labour could have any other leader & they’d win most back.
Don't bet on it. These people pay zero attention to politics and mostly vote how they have always done. Johnson got them to switch by promising "no more talk about politics". That is basically the message that got through.

Can't see any serious message by Starmer breaching their wall of indifference. They voted Tory last time and they'll do it next time as a convenient alternative to listening to the issues

Independent? Chair was a member of a Conservative think tank, his firm work for the government, another commissioner failed to declare a donation to the Conservatives...

There's one obvious point. The EHRC report criticises Corbyn for interfering with the GLU, but the internal Labour Party report says he was asking them why they weren't pursuing complaints. Not trying to slow things down, but to speed them up.

It also gives damning figures - nothing done while McNicol was general secretary and Matthews was in the GLU (allegedly doing nothing while claiming to be doing his job). Far more cases dealt with as soon as Formby took over.

But they then told Panorama it was all Corbyn's fault, and Matthews claimed he'd considered suicide after being moved out of the GLU. Ah, diddums!

Starmer has this report. Its allegations may be false, or only partially true. But it might be worth checking out, because if it's true it exposes the EHRC report as a sham.

That Panorama programme was low end right wing propaganda that was made to appeal to people like Basher, Pope and CP who are just drones for the establishment and cannot see how much their minds have been controlled

My god. You really are just a stereotype.

Pope serious question
Genuine one

Are you on the spectrum?

My partner has worked with children who are on the spectrum and reads Vital every now and again, just for shits and giggles, and she reckons that you definitely show repetitive behaviours and also other signs that are very telling to her

Pope serious question
Genuine one

Are you on the spectrum?

My partner has worked with children who are on the spectrum and reads Vital every now and again, just for shits and giggles, and she reckons that you definitely show repetitive behaviours and also other signs that are very telling to her
That is such an offensive thing to bring up during an argument, regardless of the answer.
Jesus Christ man.

Pope serious question
Genuine one

Are you on the spectrum?

Do you believe that that is a good and valid line of attack in a debate?

Do you believe that that is a good and valid line of attack in a debate?

No it is a genuine question don't see what the issue is unless you think people on the spectrum are an issue and an uncomfortable one?

Calling someone unhinged and deranged now that is offensive

Being on the spectrum is no bad thing

I suppose it is how you perceive it?