Jonah's Really REALLY Interesting Thread | Page 259 | Vital Football

Jonah's Really REALLY Interesting Thread

Things are looking up though in terms of the day.

I have just been to the doctors after discovering a dodgy looking mole on my leg which seem to appear all of a sudden, I think (I mean how often does one inspect ones left calf too closely too often.!).
Nothing suspicious going on I'm told .:wahey:

Another anxious wait to see if the bin collection has gone smoothly. Mrs Sir D who is on half term has had the temerity to go out and is unable to update me.

Things are looking up though in terms of the day.

I have just been to the doctors after discovering a dodgy looking mole on my leg which seem to appear all of a sudden, I think (I mean how often does one inspect ones left calf too closely too often.!).
Nothing suspicious going on I'm told .:wahey:

I had a mole removed from my Penis, very painful experience.

Last time I shag one of those furry little feckers I can tell you.

Another anxious wait to see if the bin collection has gone smoothly. Mrs Sir D who is on half term has had the temerity to go out and is unable to update me.
It's now gone 8.30pm and I imagine I am not alone in my disappointment at the lack of a bin collection update from either your good self or indeed Mrs SD.

Many of you know that I do quite a lot of family history research.
This evening, I came across a family, not directly related (in the "orchard" rather than the family tree) where mother, father, two daughters and two sons had all perished during the Belfast blitz of April 1941. The youngest of the children was 11.
I had known that around 900 people were killed (and many more injured) during that particular attack on Easter Tuesday, 15th April, but seeing actual names somehow makes it much more vivid. My parents and grandparents, along with my uncles and aunts on both sides of my family all lived through those very difficult years.

Many of you know that I do quite a lot of family history research.
This evening, I came across a family, not directly related (in the "orchard" rather than the family tree) where mother, father, two daughters and two sons had all perished during the Belfast blitz of April 1941. The youngest of the children was 11.
I had known that around 900 people were killed (and many more injured) during that particular attack on Easter Tuesday, 15th April, but seeing actual names somehow makes it much more vivid. My parents and grandparents, along with my uncles and aunts on both sides of my family all lived through those very difficult years.
This post is FAR too interesting for this thread John!!

But do you know what, I had absolutely no idea Belfast was bombed during the war - it has literally never occurred to me until tonight that Northern Ireland would have been involved. How ridiculous is that? I am now going to do some research on the matter, feeling suitably humbled.