The great big short Summer Transfer and "What the hell do we do now" Thread | Page 283 | Vital Football

The great big short Summer Transfer and "What the hell do we do now" Thread

For gods sake, why would they not just let this go through. Clearly a dick measuring contest from the EFL. Both clubs want the move, the player (I think) now wants the move and the clock said 17:00 when it went through. Absolutely pathetic that is being dragged out at a time when football is already on its knees.

Who actually gives a shit that it was 21 seconds late.

I don't think '17:00' comes into it. If it does then the window closes at 17:00:00 so 17:00:21 is too late. The EFL rules use '5pm' but to me it still doesn't give us a leg to stand on; if the window shuts at 5pm then it's only open up until then.

Lawyers are arguing that 17.00.21 is still legally 17.00. Transfer Could be ok as long as it isn’t 17.01.

That is a rumour started on another site; if it were the case that Lawyers are arguing of what constitutes 5pm then they will be arguing for years at considerable cost.

The most probable reason behind all of this is that we have an electronic time stamp on a document showing we sent it on time but the transmission was delayed for whatever reason.

You can bet the delay is because the EFL have to convene a meeting to discuss the issue

It's a joke and a farce. At the very latest this should have been resolved by 9.10am on Monday. Thats assuming the EFL all left for the pub at 5.01pm on Friday, and didn't come back to the office until 9.00am on Monday,

Open your computer. What time did we receive this? A quick call to Forest to verify and see if they can prove the docusign was sent before 5pm.

Yes or No? 9.10am case closed one way or the other

That is a rumour started on another site; if it were the case that Lawyers are arguing of what constitutes 5pm then they will be arguing for years at considerable cost.

The most probable reason behind all of this is that we have an electronic time stamp on a document showing we sent it on time but the transmission was delayed for whatever reason.

You can bet the delay is because the EFL have to convene a meeting to discuss the issue

The dark side of me would half like to see pope and plums discuss that philosophical heavyweight issue of what is and is not 5pm 🤣

The dark side of me would half like to see pope and plums discuss that philosophical heavyweight issue of what is and is not 5pm 🤣

True story - I was about 15 and I had a long 'debate' with my teacher about what constitutes noon or 12pm exactly. My argument was that in physics, time is constantly moving so therefore there is no such thing as noon or any other fixed time. I thought I made a very valid point but got laughed out of class, to this day I still believe I am 100% correct. Not relevant to this discussion as the 'time' we are talking about is human defined and measured but it still sticks in gut after many, many (human measured) years.