Summer Transfer Rumours Thread | Page 30 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Happy with that signing. Sounds like the sort of player we needed, good sign that he was captain as well.

I would still like Tilt as well, the games coming thick and fast will mean we need at least 3 quality CBs - and i'm reverting back to my stance that Nottingham nor Husband are good enough to rely on.

Blackpool FC is pleased to announce the signing of Icelandic international Daníel Grétarsson on a two year contract for an undisclosed fee, subject to international clearance.
Grétarsson joins the Club from top-flight Norwegian side Aalesunds FK, with the Seasiders holding an Option to extend Daniel’s stay at the Club for a further 12 months.
The 25-year-old made his mark in football at Icelandic outfit Grindavík before joining Aalesunds FK in 2015, where he has gone on to make over 100 appearances across five seasons.

The defender also brings international experience to Bloomfield Road, having been called up to the Iceland squad in September 2019 before winning his first cap for his country in January 2020 in a 1-0 victory over Canada.
Grétarsson said:
“I’m really excited to be joining Blackpool and can’t wait to get started.
“English football is very big in Iceland, and it’s one of the best countries in the world to play the game. I remember Blackpool from when they played in the Premier League ten years ago and it was very special to watch.
“I’m looking forward to meeting all of my new team mates and the coaching staff, and helping the side succeed.”
On signing Grétarsson, Head Coach Neil Critchley said:
“The recruitment department have worked extremely hard in identifying players with the right attributes who will improve our squad, and Daniel fits into that category.
“He’ll bring experience both at Club and international level. He views coming to England and joining Blackpool as the next step in his career.
“We’re looking forward to working with him, helping him integrate into the squad and welcoming him to the Blackpool family.”

And like I've been saying for weeks, NC wanted to strengthen the defence... we just had to wait for his preferred choices to become available.

What's really good to me if that St Simon recognises the problems and backs the manager. We are so lucky to have him. After watching Manure and the thieves I can't criticise our defence. I have a really good getting about this. There is time for Potato to develop his game and in the mean time we have she options at the back in a long season

Also, as I've posted previously this window, another player signed whose deal was due to expire at the end of the season (December in his case). Club clearly actively targeting players entering the last year of their contracts. Something to watch for in future windows.

To be fair, Nixon didn't mention it first. Some lad on AVFTT got the scoop and fair play to him!

bfcpete won't be happy though as he's only six foot!

That might explain why his previous club are rock bottom of their league with a minus 32 goal difference. Not a good advert for a defender is it?