Summer Transfer Rumours Thread | Page 28 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

I've been critical of Nottingham there, and I would still like a replacement to come in for him. But to be fair he has played pretty well in the games so far, he had a shakey start against Plymouth but he's played well since.

Think Nottingham has looked very comfortable on the ball since NC has come in? In fact I'm sure he was in the team of the week after Plymouth and completed the most passes out of any defender in the division.

Salford didn’t want to lose him and they have a few folk around the club who know a bit about the game.
Is he our only full international on the books?

Nottingham is getting better in the centre with every game, for me. Has pace and height, and decent on the ball. And is helping us out on the left, would be more comfortable on the right. He may end up competing with Marv for that right CB slot. And it would be good to see what Husband can do as the left CB. Unless we can find a player to bring in who is tried and tested there.

Jake Doyle-Hayes in 2019-20 (regular season):

30 matches (2362 minutes)
1 goal
5 assists
33 chances created
15 successful dribbles
34 successful tackles
7 blocked shots
27 interceptions
35 clearances

Won young player of the season at Cheltenham.

Nottingham Forest are set to hand Jordan Gabriel a new contract and then send him out on loan to League One outfit Blackpool, according to The Sun.

Neil Critchley had been keen to land the 22-year-old last month but Matty Cash’s departure threw him into first-team contention.

He played in games against Barnsley in the Carabao Cup and against QPR in the Championship curtain-raiser.

GettyImages-1192350078.jpg

(Photo; Jon Hobley; MI News; NurPhoto; Getty Images)
Gabriel has since found himself on the sidelines though, with the Reds adding Cyrus Christie on loan from Fulham for the 2020/21 campaign.

The right-back has come through the ranks at the City Ground and spent some time last season on loan at Scunthorpe United.

Heading to a League One club looks ideal for his development and working under Critchley could see him thrive.

The former Liverpool under-23 manager is renowned for improving young talents and Gabriel could benefit from that.

Forest have Carl Jenkinson and Tendayi Darikwa still within their ranks and it would be no surprise to see one of those two head out before the deadline either.

During his two outings this season he certainly didn’t disgrace himself but he did look relatively raw.

With that in mind, a loan spell looks wise and heading to a club on the rise like Blackpool should benefit him no end.

Sorry for Howe move 250 miles for nothing. Larry legacy is shite
Yes, treated poorly. Never had much of a chance
At least NC now seems to have a proper scouting network to look at players before we consider signing them

Yes, treated poorly. Never had much of a chance
At least NC now seems to have a proper scouting network to look at players before we consider signing them
He has exactly the same scouting network as Grayson.

The trouble was that, although Grayson agreed to work as a Head Coach rather than Manager at interview, he refused to do so once in post and Mansford was too weak willed to overrule. The January transfer window was very much Grayson's doing. He basically refused to sign anyone the 'transfer committee' recommended.

NC much more on board with the process, knowing that no one gets signed unless he is happy.

He has exactly the same scouting network as Grayson.

The trouble was that, although Grayson agreed to work as a Head Coach rather than Manager at interview, he refused to do so once in post and Mansford was too weak willed to overrule. The January transfer window was very much Grayson's doing. He basically refused to sign anyone the 'transfer committee' recommended.

NC much more on board with the process, knowing that no one gets signed unless he is happy.
I bet some of the players we've signed this summer were people on Critchley's radar from his Liverpool days. Although, the likes of Lubala have Ben outside the circles Critch worked in really. I wonder who suggested Lubala, and how much we had watched him? Or any of the others for that matter?

I bet some of the players we've signed this summer were people on Critchley's radar from his Liverpool days. Although, the likes of Lubala have Ben outside the circles Critch worked in really. I wonder who suggested Lubala, and how much we had watched him? Or any of the others for that matter?
We didn't furlough anyone in the recruitment department during lockdown and they spent the period assessing the current squad by watching previous games back and also assessing transfer targets by watching games and analysing data.