Summer 2020 transfers | Page 55 | Vital Football

Summer 2020 transfers

Appate toy Sheffield United are after Cantwell. Can't be good just before the season start that players coukd be leaving.

A question to you guys. Do you guys rate Cantwell? I've always thought he'd make it since his days in youth but I'm not sure how good he is. People on social go on about him being a top 4 side player but I'm not sure. He us talented but I wonder if he should be played more behind the forward rather than as a left winger. Club slapped 20 million on him I think but 15 million and same add ons as Lewis and I could see a deal being done.

Appate toy Sheffield United are after Cantwell. Can't be good just before the season start that players coukd be leaving.

A question to you guys. Do you guys rate Cantwell? I've always thought he'd make it since his days in youth but I'm not sure how good he is. People on social go on about him being a top 4 side player but I'm not sure. He us talented but I wonder if he should be played more behind the forward rather than as a left winger. Club slapped 20 million on him I think but 15 million and same add ons as Lewis and I could see a deal being done.

There is no way on earth the club would let Cantwell leave for that little. There is a big difference between goal scoring and no goal-scoring players who can assist at PL level.

Also, Shef Utd is a dumb rumour. There is no way that Cantwell is a Chris Wilder player. He is too lightweight and doesn't track back enough. That is why he would be better suited to a top club who play largely on the opposition half with a high percentage possession game. A team that plays more like Man City, although he is not good enough for them.

As has already been written I'm glad neither Wilson, Fraser or ake will be playing against us. Did Bournemouth get Richie from Newcastle as he is a good player too.
Not yet but read that they are trying to get him. Wages could be an issue though...

Cantwell has got to be at least £30m.....creativity and goals.

Sheffield United have signed Jayden Bogle and Max Lowe from Derby County for £15m.

Bogle - right back - 20 years old - 4 England U20 caps 77 apps for Derby
in the last two seasons

Lowe - left back / midfielder - 23 years old - 6 England U20 caps (and has played at U16, U17 and U18 levels) - 41 apps for Derby (29 last season) and 45 apps on loan

Sheffield Utd are trying to exchange Callum Robinson for Oliver Burke at WBA. Burke is the lad RB Leipzig signed for £13m in 2016.

Agreed, I cant see Cantwell being Wilder's type of player.

So it’s offical now .... Jamal has gone to Newcastle on a five year deal . Is the start of the break up of the championship winning side ?

I hadn't realised Ashley-Seal had been sold. I now understand why him and Northampton were mentioned in an earlier post

Totally agree YB.
As I posted elsewhere, if a player wants to leave and go to another club who are in direct competition with us, they can be forgotten immediately.
There will be some point where he is playing against us and wants us to lose.
I do not wish him good luck. Like all ex players who leave us I simply will never be interested in him again.

Totally agree YB.
As I posted elsewhere, if a player wants to leave and go to another club who are in direct competition with us, they can be forgotten immediately.
There will be some point where he is playing against us and wants us to lose.
I do not wish him good luck. Like all ex players who leave us I simply will never be interested in him again.
Yes YB, DG. I have no hard feelings towards them and I understand why they are completely selfish to their own needs but when they leave I am not bothered about them. You could say that most players and coaches and sporting directors are as fickle about the club they work for as we are about them, after they leave.

Hope he flops.

Interesting you say that as not many players who have left Norwich over the decades have gone on to improve their careers / won things. Some who have include:
Maddison
Bellamy - played for Liverpool and others as well as Wales
Chris Sutton - played for Blackburn, Chelsea and England
Phelan - played for Man Utd and England
Bruce - played for Man Utd and England B
Linighan - played for Arsenal and England B. In addition won 2 cup finals in one season
Dave Watson - played for Everton and England
Phil Boyer - played for Southampton and England (scored
Super Mac - played for Man Utd(?) and Scotland
Ron Davies - played for Man Utd , Southapton and Wales

Have I missed any?