Summer 2020 transfers | Page 57 | Vital Football

Summer 2020 transfers

No.
I only moved to London in 77 so was too young for away games in
72 but remember the year he was with us and scoring a few goals at Carrow Road.

I think Gunn will get a prem or even a Scottish move and wouldn't want to go championship to be a number 2.

Krul is Df's number 1. I wouldn't mind FF or Gunn but DF happy to have McGovern and Krul as GKs

I see we are being linked with an 18 year old striker at Northampton, called Caleb Chukwuemeka. If we are interested, lets hope we can beat The Vile to his signature. He has turned down the offer of a pro contract at Northampton.

Rubbish journalism again, this time from the Mail Online Richard Gibson suggesting that we are going to sell Cantwell, EMI and Godfrey due to relgation and COVID hitting our revenues last season and this.

Utter b*!

The mainly unused £20m transfer kitty covered the costs of COVID last season
and we have enough money this season (before the Lewis sale) to cover our transfers in and the disclose d £3m COVID contingency (I suspect they may need more)

If any of the above mentioned players go between now and the close of the window its because of the players want to go and/or the club will sell for the fee offered and not because we are desperate for the cash.

Last edited:
I thought Vrancic would have moved on. Leitner, Vrancic, Trybull and Drmic can all go and we wouldn't need any replacements.

Godfrey, Aarons don't strike me as the types who would kick up a fuss and force club to sell. Emi I could see doing that and maybe even Cantwell (wasn't there lots of rumours flying about last summer over his contract and he was getting a bit frustrated)?

I think we need to keep Godfrey and Aarons. Cantwell too but if he was to go then we do have cover on the left and the number 10 role. If Emi was to go we don't have cover on the right hench why Dowell and Hernandez played there over the weekend. Cantwell and Emi both have that creativity too. In all honesty I want them all to stay but I just feel Emi will go.

Do you think if one of two of Cantwell, Emi, Godfrey or Aarons went we would go back to the transfer market? I am sure that is why Famewo is still here because waiting on Godfrey situ, Aarons we have Mumba and when fIt Byram but he could be out for a while so maybe a new player would be needed unless we are to assume DF sees Rupp as the back up RB.