Summer 2020 transfers | Page 56 | Vital Football

Summer 2020 transfers

IF we need an emergency goalkeeper this season, how about Jed Steer at Aston Villa on loan? Aston Villa look like they are after yet another goalkeeper....the one who ended the season playing for Arsenal (their first choice was injured) and now wants to be no. 1

IF we need an emergency goalkeeper this season, how about Jed Steer at Aston Villa on loan? Aston Villa look like they are after yet another goalkeeper....the one who ended the season playing for Arsenal (their first choice was injured) and now wants to be no. 1

He came though our Academy and went to Villa (we got a fee) when Lambert went there. At the time I think we had 2 or maybe 3 good young goalkeepers. He is now 27 and has some experience.

Interesting you say that as not many players who have left Norwich over the decades have gone on to improve their careers / won things. Some who have include:
Maddison
Bellamy - played for Liverpool and others as well as Wales
Chris Sutton - played for Blackburn, Chelsea and England
Phelan - played for Man Utd and England
Bruce - played for Man Utd and England B
Linighan - played for Arsenal and England B. In addition won 2 cup finals in one season
Dave Watson - played for Everton and England
Phil Boyer - played for Southampton and England (scored
Super Mac - played for Man Utd(?) and Scotland
Ron Davies - played for Man Utd , Southapton and Wales

Have I missed any?
You'd have to say Danny mills too. Did well at Leeds and played for England too

Reading what Lewis said it does sound like he wanted to move on and maybe wasn't really doing it all for the team but for himself.

I don't think he did that well last season and was targeted in most gamesas teams attacked our left side a lot. I think we were better with right footed byram at left back

Jesus for bellerin? Aarons must be worth at least 25 million but the club will probably accept 10 million.

Apart from PSG rumoured to have offered £25m + £5m for Bellerin, it seems that Barcelona are interested too.

Arsenal also want more than the £15m Aston Villa have offered for that goalkeeper I mentoned earlier.

Interesting you say that as not many players who have left Norwich over the decades have gone on to improve their careers / won things. Some who have include:
Maddison
Bellamy - played for Liverpool and others as well as Wales
Chris Sutton - played for Blackburn, Chelsea and England
Phelan - played for Man Utd and England
Bruce - played for Man Utd and England B
Linighan - played for Arsenal and England B. In addition won 2 cup finals in one season
Dave Watson - played for Everton and England
Phil Boyer - played for Southampton and England (scored
Super Mac - played for Man Utd(?) and Scotland
Ron Davies - played for Man Utd , Southapton and Wales

Have I missed any?

Interesting that there is Maddson from 2 years ago and Bellamy at 20 years ago
and all the rest are over 26 years ago.
So that's one success in 20 years.

Fle

Flecky did well at CFC! 🤦‍♂️😂

Having charged Chelsea £2.1m for him, they got their own back by charging us £650k. Rumour has it that he was offered to Bristol City for £200k before he came back to us.

If we had not wasted £650k on Fleck then we may have had enough to buy Windass from Hull.....which led to the departure of Martin O'Neill to Leicester.
Thats another story as the say.........

Having charged Chelsea £2.1m for him, they got their own back by charging us £650k. Rumour has it that he was offered to Bristol City for £200k before he came back to us.

If we had not wasted £650k on Fleck then we may have had enough to buy Windass from Hull.....which led to the departure of Martin O'Neill to Leicester.
Thats another story as the say.........
Do you think if o'neill had stayed he would have done a good job with us?

I see soton are making gunn available for loan, wonder if he will rejoin us or wants to stay in prem? Forster also up for loan, another ex player

FF a good goalie , or at least he was ! A few of us from this forum went to Charlton in 2010 when he put in an amazing display to send us up that day from League One

FF a good goalie , or at least he was ! A few of us from this forum went to Charlton in 2010 when he put in an amazing display to send us up that day from League One

FF?

Angus Gunn wasnt playing for City first team in 2010.

Probably John Ruddy in 2010?

Coud someone please clarify this for me. Thanks.