The Summer 2020 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 276 | Vital Football

The Summer 2020 Transfer Rumour Thread

Gregg Evans
@greggevans40

·
7m

He’s here. Ollie Watkins has completed his medical at #AVFC A big signing for Villa.

https://t.co/DEbt3jmQUc?amp=1
So we still want to sign a winger, a no.8 and a keeper? Seems to line up what most of us thought. Matty Cash caught most of us by surprise but competition between him and Guilbert can only be a good thing.

Having another no.8 as well as a winger will give us more flexibility again in where to play Jack, as that left sided midfield slot has been patchy. Hourihane's form towards the end was good but was a massive problem position for us through the most of the season when Jack was playing LF.

Ironically we currently seem to be following the Everton model from early 2000s when they signed players like Cahill, Baines, Jagielka etc...

Didn't do them any harm.
The sad fact is that Tim Cahill cost like £2.5m, even adjusting for inflation that's no where near the state of the market we have to deal with.

Football inflation is nothing like real world inflation though.

Tim Cahill in todays market would have easily cost £25 million+ as he was the best player in the division at the time.

That was a great Everton team and, unfortunately for Moyes, got him the Utd job. Oops.

Birmingham Lies, sorry, Live, just confirmed Watkins medical complete as per The Athletic. The more I've learned about this lad the more excited I am by the signing.

Rodriguez was on 200k a week. How much Everton paying him?

Lol he's scored 15 goals last 3 seasons in 51 games. I reckon he'll flop and Everton will have mediocre season
He'll get on Goal of the Month regularly, but his overall contribution is a real gamble based on his club history. Proper luxury player, but if I'm totally honest a really exciting signing for any fan.

sadly some fans will see the price tag and expect him to be the next Pele, and if he doesn't grab at least 2 goals against Sheff Utd they'll be moaning. I'm willing to give the guy a chance to shine. If he's putting a shift in, working hard for the team and can grab us some goals then as a fan that is all we can ask. I'm not expecting 20 plus goals this season from him, but if he can bang in 10 or more then its a better return than all our strikers combined last season. Just wondering if Samatta will be sold on or Davis loaned out to accomodate Watkins

It’s a lot of money, but both Watkins and Cash will have a decent amount of training under their belt and should be ready to go game one. Pleased with that!

I’d like a winger too, but GK asap is important now. I really don’t want to have Nyland in goal against Sheffield!

Cash, Grealish, McGinn, Watkins.... that's 4 players there who won't stop running/trying/fighting.

That's all most fans ask for.
Which doesnt mean they dont have bags of talent either. They might not have made a huge name for themselves playing for Colombia and scoring a few worldies a decade ago, but they are all absolutely top class and I'm excited to see both new signings. We've stolen two players of the season.

People keep going on about the big players Everton are signing, but they have spunked millions in the last few seasons on what they thought were good signings and turned out to be shit. £30m on Bolasie, £30m on Iwobi, £25m Michael Keane, £30m on Mina, £22m on Gomes, £45m on Siggurdsson, £20m Walcott, £25m Moise Kean, £20m on Tosun! That list should make any Everton fan weep.

Goalkeeper next hopefully. I'm scared to death by the thought of starting the season with Nyland between the sticks

Strong reports coming that we are close to Martinez.

I think Nyland and Steer are worth keeping as reserves, as Martinez will want it included in his contract that he is the no'1.

Heaton moved on? To good to be sitting on the bench surely?