Any news on new kits? (Confirmed Reveal Friday 9AM) | Page 8 | Vital Football

Any news on new kits? (Confirmed Reveal Friday 9AM)

I’m normally a traditionalist and prefer even stripes but I must admit I quite like this one. I’ve not had one for two or three years so I might just go for it. Am I correct in saying that the thin stripe will make the more rotund of us look slimmer.......no I thought not.
Apparently it's hoops that have the illusory effect. But I think some of us are too far gone for that. I always thought Donny fans were a bit on the thin side.

For me, although within the parameters of the design brief incorporating that logo they have done a good job, it's not my cup of tea.
Yes it is relatively uncluttered and functional, but in my opinion the minimalist inclusion of white stripes is a disappointment.
It is far too similar to a generic all red shirt as used by about 15 of the 92 league clubs. As one of only 6 or 7 clubs that historically have used broad red and white stripes we have lost a distinctive feature of our club. Sometimes clubs that play in all red even go so far as to include pinstripe white on their shirt which is basically what we have got. So as others have said it's not an imps shirt and just because we had one similar before (for a short time) doesn't make it an imps shirt. I'm not counting the mid -60s one.
It's all about identity.

I hope the names and numbers are white as we need something to stand out in a Tuesday night gloom.

But after all what's in a kit?

Saw the shirt and thought okay, not bad at all. Saw the shirt with the shorts/socks and very happy with how the whole ensemble looks. Will be able to see names and numbers on the back, new sponsor logo blends nicely. Would i buy one? If i lived in Lincoln probably but i don't and after buying three of the away shirts two seasons ago just to get the right size i'm going to skip it (unless i make it back some time soon).

I think the shirt is ok, the sponsor logo blends very well, unlike in recent years. It does help to have a player who looks like a male model to display it, though (James Jones). It wouldn't look quite as good on me, perhaps.

Personally, I like our shirts to be more red than white, which is partly why i think this works. Don't think the black part was needed in the collar though, two colours is enough.

I think the shirt is ok, the sponsor logo blends very well, unlike in recent years. It does help to have a player who looks like a male model to display it, though (James Jones). It wouldn't look quite as good on me, perhaps.
The test for any new shirt modelled on an athlete is an extra large one, worn on an older and less ripped Lincoln City Fan. I for one will not be intending to test this new theory on the general public. Hope everything is good in glorious Ayrshire.

The test for any new shirt modelled on an athlete is an extra large one, worn on an older and less ripped Lincoln City Fan. I for one will not be intending to test this new theory on the general public. Hope everything is good in glorious Ayrshire.
No, I'll stick to the less embarrassing sweat shirt, I think. Missing my train journeys to away games, Dom.

Because of the narrow equal stripes I think for a while we were nicknamed 'the curtain blinds' or something similar.

It was the Window Blinds, said to be due to the resemblance to the striped awnings over shops on the High Street.

But it never caught on like the 'Cits' did.

I like it. Looks like whole design been thought about even sponsor. Would probably have white stripes an inch thicker but not end of the world.