Any news on new kits? (Confirmed Reveal Friday 9AM) | Page 7 | Vital Football

Any news on new kits? (Confirmed Reveal Friday 9AM)

I had one of these away kits, that a lot of people hated. But I wore it with pride at Goodison Park, in the cup. Even got on tele when we "scored", goal ruled out but penalty given. The commentator said "Well, looks like mixed emotions from the Lincoln fans there".

View attachment 40875

I love it this one! I've got a mad goalkeeper kit from the 90s, I'll try and get a pic..

I love it this one! I've got a mad goalkeeper kit from the 90s, I'll try and get a pic..

Some of Barry’s kits were mental- the purple/ pink one from 98/99 springs to mind. With white shorts too.

I believe Barry actually designed Wycombe GK shirts when he was there- in line with his theory that a vivid and loud design is not good to be seen in the corner of the strikers eye. He also had a hand in their home shirt this year that they won the playoffs in.

I've taken a bit of time to think about this shirt and I've come round to it pretty quickly. I do prefer the traditional red and white stripes in general so initially it was a hmmm not sure kind of view, but now, I'm hooked on it. I think the design with the sponsor is probably the easiest on the eye connection we've had.
I will be looking to get one, but will see what the away top is first in case that is the dogs

It says it is a 'regular fit' on the club shop and we all know that is code for looks OK on chubby people. I prefer the term 'tailored fit' myself :lol:

I was trying to think of a word to describe it I was hoping for excellent or superb, rather than awful or dreadful, I settled on ambivalent. As ever I won't be that bothered so long as we win in it. If the cathedral really is on the inside why even bother?

We should give the club credit where it’s due - remember they turned down a gambling sponsor for the front of the shirt, so this could have been much much worse.

There are only so many iterations of red & white stripes year on year.

It’s not the shirt that matters, it’s the players who are wearing it that matter.

I’m normally a traditionalist and prefer even stripes but I must admit I quite like this one. I’ve not had one for two or three years so I might just go for it. Am I correct in saying that the thin stripe will make the more rotund of us look slimmer.......no I thought not.

Yep according to the link I put up, April 2000 to April 2001.

Interestingly looking at the link and the shirts, our first shirt was more or less bloody pinstripes!!!!

View attachment 40876

Because of the narrow equal stripes I think for a while we were nicknamed 'the curtain blinds' or something similar. I'm sure it's referred to in the Nannestads'book. Can't check at the moment it's in the loft.
Don't understand why it didn't catch on.

Where is Imp historian when you need him?