Remaining fxtures | Page 5 | Vital Football

Remaining fxtures

With Huddersfields defeat If we win tomorrow we cant be relegated so the 12 pts will come into effect this season
What was the working of this?

From what I can see we likely need to win 3 games which will put us on 50 points.

Hope that Brentford, Leeds and West Brom beat teams at the bottom and then Millwall, Birmingham, Reading, Forest, Preston, Cardiff or Bristol City take at least two wins from their games against the bottom.

Last edited:
Barnsley's run in is terrifying which means they simply have to beat us or they'll be gone. A draw will probably relegate us both after Luton's win tonight. It's going to be an end to end game tomorrow. I just pray we've got our shooting boots on. We need to take our chances because these lot will punish us if we play like we did against QPR in front of goal!
As former players always seem to score against us really hope Kieffer can do the same against Barnsley

Regarding scoring that still appears to be our sticking point. The back line have massively stepped up and the midfield are playing well and helping out with goals but the front 2 are still not scoring enough between them....playing better but just not hitting the target enough ( Lowe especially ).

Regarding scoring that still appears to be our sticking point. The back line have massively stepped up and the midfield are playing well and helping out with goals but the front 2 are still not scoring enough between them....playing better but just not hitting the target enough ( Lowe especially ).
Lowe has improved. He’s certainly worked on his physique during the break, but he is not a natural finisher. If we are going to survive he is going to have to chip in with a few more goals because he is getting in some great positions

At least we are creating so many chances we can afford to miss so many sitters. If Lowe and Kieffer were good finishers they'd have a bag full each in the last few games. But I keep feeling with the amount of chances we are missing it will come back to haunt us if we aren't careful.

Barnsley know this is the last chance saloon- lose this and they are pretty much gone so they will be fired up as much as us.

Think this will be a tougher and closer game than a lot of people think it will be. I fancy Barnsley to be full of desire, fight, work rate and attack us. With the exception of Brentford I think this will be our toughest test since the restart and could be a real back and forth battle and end to end football.

Anything can happen in football but I hope we can keep the dream alive. Huge game for both of us.

Reading beat Charlton- HUGE result for us.

Win today and it's back in our hands despite any deduction!.

Come on Wigan!

Just need Millwall to roll Hull over and us get anything out of the game. Next two games Hull and Charlton, as you say, back in our hands not needing to rely on other teams doing us a favour.

You couldn't write this, what an end to our season, surely one of the most exciting in our history, although I wish it wasn't.

Up the Tic's :clap::clap::clap:

This might be bollocks but here goes...

If we beat Hull in midweek and Charlton lose at Brum then..

We will only need to draw at Charlton to be safe as they go to Leeds last game..Hull go to Cardiff last game and Luton will get a point at hull.

Simple.

This might be bollocks but here goes...

If we beat Hull in midweek and Charlton lose at Brum then..

We will only need to draw at Charlton to be safe as they go to Leeds last game..Hull go to Cardiff last game and Luton will get a point at hull.

Simple.

Am afraid your calculations are wrong! If the midweek results go as you suggest we will be 11 points above Charlton. If we draw with them we will still be 11 points.

To be fair, their upturn in form came under Graeme Jones, 11 points in his last 6, compared to 9 in Nathans first 6.

Strange as Graeme was sacked as the club was on the verge of administration apparently and desperately needed to cut costs, then they appoint Nathan not long after!

Stoke beat Birmingham today which drags Birmingham into the mix.

Eight clubs below us now need wins to out point us if we get 6 from the next 2 games. 🤞

Stoke beat Birmingham today which drags Birmingham into the mix.

Eight clubs below us now need wins to out point us if we get 6 from the next 2 games. 🤞

Not quite - effectively we need 7 points to overhaul Birmingham if they didn’t pick up another point.

Some poor teams below us but I suspect they’ll scrape the points to survive if our penalty kicked in, which I don’t actually think it will. If it doesn’t Barnsley are down, Hull if we beat them and then one from about 5. Think Luton will survive, they’ll beat qpr, hull away and then Blackburn. Should go down to the wire for the last spot.

We need to beat Hull and hope Luton lose at home to QPR. Then match of better both of their results in the last 2.

I think Luton could get 9 points though which is an issue.

I think we need at least 7 if not all 9 points now.

Not quite - effectively we need 7 points to overhaul Birmingham if they didn’t pick up another point.

Some poor teams below us but I suspect they’ll scrape the points to survive if our penalty kicked in, which I don’t actually think it will. If it doesn’t Barnsley are down, Hull if we beat them and then one from about 5. Think Luton will survive, they’ll beat qpr, hull away and then Blackburn. Should go down to the wire for the last spot.

I keep saying this but despite their result today I can see Stoke being the last one. They have 3 tough games against play off contenders.