Matchday Mayhem - Forest V Fulham | Page 11 | Vital Football

Matchday Mayhem - Forest V Fulham

Very poor tonight.... Fulham defended well I thought... Was a 0-0 game and although arters strike was impressive it was handball... How many goals this season have been chalked off for that in the PL..

Oh and we didn't do enough to deserve the win

How?

We are absolute dogshit at home when we are a goal down. Have we scored any points at home after going behind? That's the team
Because he repeatedly puts toss subs on and getting the same shit output from those players

At what point does he admit Semedo/diakaby are toss...or does his arrogance in picking them over rule any sense

Disagree.

First half even but second half we were absolutely chasing shadows. They didn’t create many chances but they completely controlled the game in a way we often enjoy. Deserved nothing and got nothing.
Because they had a lead and didn't have to push hard, the goal changed the game.

I think that performance sums up Forest. An average team, with great heart but no real quality... or not enough to justify promotion.
Fulham were playing like a premiership team nd we were running around in circles like a pub team.
If we dont have a strong defence, we will be in mid table. How you expect to win a game when your subs are Diakhabi nd Semedo...nd Fulham bring on Lochart nd Johanson ...
We cannot afford to lose the Preston game or we will be risking the play off place ...

well, chalk n cheese again, from organised quality defensively to clueless going forward.
Cant understand the 4 subs n hope mentality either, its always disruptive let alone with a cple like semedo n diakhaby :(

Because they had a lead and didn't have to push hard, the goal changed the game.

Yes as I said, even first half. But what did we do after the break to warrant an equalizer? Did we fashion a really decent chance? Last 15 minutes you’d think we were the ones holding on - we couldn’t get hold of the ball.

Because he repeatedly puts toss subs on and getting the same shit output from those players

may wgatbpoint does he admit Semedo/diakaby are toss...or does his arrogance in picking them over rule any sense
What else is he going to do?

He could put Carvalho on I suppose and you could see for yourself that he isn't going to do anything against a team defending stoutly in numbers when we have an isolated striker.

I know people think Bostock is magic as well. He has looked ok and should have a bigger role but I can't see how he changes this game.

We dont have a player who could unlock a game like this at the club; quite frankly because we can't afford one.

There is a reason Arter is at Fulham and not Forest, same with Waghorn, Rooney, Wells, Afobe.

Those clubs can afford them and we can't

The most convincing striker signing we have made in 2 years is Tyler Walker

What else is he going to do?

He could put Carvalho on I suppose and you could see for yourself that he isn't going to do anything against a team defending stoutly in numbers when we have an isolated striker.

I know people think Bostock is magic as well. He has looked ok and should have a bigger role but I can't see how he changes this game.

We dont have a player who could unlock a game like this at the club; quite frankly because we can't afford one.

There is a reason Arter is at Fulham and not Forest, same with Waghorn, Rooney, Wells, Afobe.

Those clubs can afford them and we can't

The most convincing striker signing we have made in 2 years is Tyler Walker

Not sure I agree with the rationale re Carvalho. Okay, so he doesn’t have the players around him Making the runs but does that therefore mean Semedo is the better option to bring on for an equalizer? It felt similar to Middlesbrough away where we looked devoid of ideas until Carv came on and changed it.

Even if he doesn’t make the difference, he has a goal or a pass in him that can make a difference. Semedo and Diakhaby have done nothing in a Forest shirt to suggest they can bring anything to the team. Diakhaby you could at least argue pace, but Semedo? Nothing.

Yes as I said, even first half. But what did we do after the break to warrant an equalizer? Did we fashion a really decent chance? Last 15 minutes you’d think we were the ones holding on - we couldn’t get hold of the ball.
We didn't create too much no, da Costa probably went closest. If you think though they did handle it in the area so arguably could have had a pen, they didn't really create anything either it was won with a suspect goal which hopefully won't derail the rest of the season.

Nothing wrong with the tactics or the players today. They could have worked very well.

But we let them have the lead

All season that has been the kiss of death.

We are a counterattacking team. With all counterattacking teams, you are going to struggle if you are chasing the game. We are a young, learning counterattacking team; we haven't been doing it long.

Our record from behind isn't great, our record after going behind at home must be appalling and we simply don't have the players to turn a game around like this against one of, if not the, best squad in the league.

We have one striker at the fucking club; still

So being a pacey counter attacking side it’s pretty counter intuitive to not have players like silva/carvalho who can actually pick out our fast attackers

he persists with absolute donkeys Semedo and diakaby who at least has a turn of pace...Semedo just kills anything we create

We didn't create too much no, da Costa probably went closest. If you think though they did handle it in the area so arguably could have had a pen, they didn't really create anything either it was won with a suspect goal which hopefully won't derail the rest of the season.

Yes they didn’t threaten either, but they kept the ball all half and defended any half threats, which means for me, they deserved to win. They did to us what we do to teams every week except they had more of that ball. Probably like us vs derby minus the chances we had last week.