Matchday Mayhem - Forest V Fulham | Page 12 | Vital Football

Matchday Mayhem - Forest V Fulham

If someone had told you in August that by the end of the season we would be absolutely as good as Fulham and gutted to lose 0-1 to a touch of quality, would you have been impressed with that?

Because that is a rundown of our season

We should have had 12 points from the 4 previous games before today. Hold on for a few seconds and today wouldn't have been so costly.

Thank God, I didn't watch it. Bottlers, who won't make the play-offs.

Season OVER!

Sabri deserves a huge amount of credit for getting some very average players in this posittion. We are well organised but have about 3 good players
And this is the problem. We have over-achieved all season down to Sabri’s tactics but when we need inspiration from the bench we have bugger all. You could argue that he should be using Carvalho and/or Walker more but I think that’s clutching at straws.

So being a pacey counter attacking side it’s pretty counter intuitive to not have players like silva/carvalho who can actually pick out our fast attackers

he persists with absolute donkeys Semedo and diakaby who at least has a turn of pace...Semedo just kills anything we create

I still haven't even figured out what Semedo's role is. He's not a playmaker, he's not a box-to-box, he's not a DM, hes not an anchorman, he's not a water carrier, he's not any of these fancy new age continental midfield roles.

What the hell is he apart from a passenger?

What else is he going to do?

He could put Carvalho on I suppose and you could see for yourself that he isn't going to do anything against a team defending stoutly in numbers when we have an isolated striker.

I know people think Bostock is magic as well. He has looked ok and should have a bigger role but I can't see how he changes this game.

We dont have a player who could unlock a game like this at the club; quite frankly because we can't afford one.

There is a reason Arter is at Fulham and not Forest, same with Waghorn, Rooney, Wells, Afobe.

Those clubs can afford them and we can't

The most convincing striker signing we have made in 2 years is Tyler Walker

so you think watson for mighten is a sound sub?

those subs were panic and utter clueless from Sabri

had he put on bostock in the middle and carvs then no it’s not guaranteed to change the result, however are we more likely to create with them on over Semedo/diakaby? Absolutely

saying we can’t afford decent quality? 15m and he doesn’t play. It’s irrelevant how many strikers we have if you play dunces behind them who can’t pick them out

Disappointing result and performance but I thought all the subs looked lively and the lads they replaced looked a bit jaded. Fulham are a good team but on another day we'll beat them. Just need to get over the line for top 6 and take our place in the lottery.

I still haven't even figured out what Semedo's role is. He's not a playmaker, he's not a box-to-box, he's not a DM, hes not an anchorman, he's not a water carrier, he's not any of these fancy new age continental midfield roles.

What the hell is he apart from a passenger?
A liability

so you think watson for mighten is a sound sub?

those subs were panic and utter clueless from Sabri

had he put on bostock in the middle and carvs then no it’s not guaranteed to change the result, however are we more likely to create with them on over Semedo/diakaby? Absolutely

saying we can’t afford decent quality? 15m and he doesn’t play. It’s irrelevant how many strikers we have if you play dunces behind them who can’t pick them out
We didn't pay £15m for a player with Carvalho.

I think Semedo is a poor footballer. But we are looking for players to cause them problems.

I actually think he made the right call that neither Bostock or Carvalho were likely to do that.

I'm with you that I want to see more of Carv. We need someone to buy a free kick at least, not that we have anyone to stick it away. But he obviously felt their defenders would eat Carv for breakfast and I can't say I disagree.

I just think it's daft slagging off the manager for marginal decisions when we have had done to us what we are so good at doing to others; and by a team that are lightyears ahead of us in the players they have and the cost of the squad.

I expected to be about 10 places and 20 points behind Fulham this season, not one place and 5

We didn't pay £15m for a player with Carvalho.

I think Semedo is a poor footballer. But we are looking for players to cause them problems.

I actually think he made the right call that neither Bostock or Carvalho were likely to do that.

I'm with you that I want to see more of Carv. We need someone to buy a free kick at least, not that we have anyone to stick it away. But he obviously felt their defenders would eat Carv for breakfast and I can't say I disagree.

I just think it's daft slagging off the manager for marginal decisions when we have had done to us what we are so good at doing to others; and by a team that are lightyears ahead of us in the players they have and the cost of the squad.

I expected to be about 10 places and 20 points behind Fulham this season, not one place and 5
But he felt diakaby and Semedo would do what exactly?

We'll be the perfect tonic for an out of form Preston. Derby will march on and the gap will be a single point.

Sabri Montanier

Sabri, apparently has been told top 6...and that is what he’s going to deliver, I’ll never get use to 1 up front, we’ve never really done well unless two quality players are up front....in Sabri we trust