Matchday Mayhem - Forest V Fulham | Vital Football

Matchday Mayhem - Forest V Fulham

Apollyon

Vital Football Legend
Sponsored by: Apollo Table Water
1594124991174.png

Its pissing it down here in Nottingham. I have just been dragged around town by the missus for no apparent reason. I have never seen so many crackheads and Spice boys out at that time. It was pretty grim.

Today we welcome West London's finest. Craven Cottage is my favourite away ground, but conversely I have no feeling at all for Fulham. Jimmy Hill and Michael Jackson, oh and that fella whose son was killed by Prince Philip. Thats all I think of when they're mentioned.

Sabri Lamouchi knows we must keep up their form as wet set to face Fulham at The City Ground tonight.

The Reds are unbeaten since the restart, drawing two and winning two of their matches, with Saturday’s late draw against Derby a tough blow to take.

Lamouchi knows his side must remain concentrated for the full 90 minutes to start picking up even more points.

He said: “We play against this opponent, what a team with big names, good players and a big club. It is good opposition for my players again and we play at home, but at this moment to play at home is the same as away.

“We have to keep going, the restart is very good. Not fantastic or amazing as in Sheffield we took the goal in 96 minutes, the same against Huddersfield and against Derby, and we need to understand how this can happen.

“It is not because we are scared or frightened to win, but probably because we lose concentration and we are not killer.

“Sometimes, you can score two or three goals but you don’t need to score two or three away from home to close the game. You can’t give anything to the opponent and we are giving them a lot.”

Fulham have been in the mix for a top six spot all season, with Lamouchi well aware of their qualities despite the fact they will be missing suspended top scorer Aleksandar Mitrovic.

He said: “It will have the same dynamic [as the Derby game] but with a different quality. The two wingers, the midfielders and the captain, the build-up, it is with more experienced players, more quality players and a better team.

“Mitrovic is suspended but that does not make it any easier. It is not our fault if he is out, so we have to focus on who is on the pitch tomorrow.”

Ryan Yates said the Nottingham Forest squad are fully focused on getting a result against promotion rivals Fulham at The City Ground.

The Reds conceded late against Derby on the weekend to draw at Pride Park and Yates said the team have quickly put that behind them to look at the next challenge.

He said: “It felt like a loss, it was so disappointing. For 95 minutes we stuck to the plan, it was perfect. We nullified them, they barely had any chances but we are disappointed not to put the game to bed. But that is football and we focus on Fulham.

“We have the confidence that if we turn up and we perform, we can beat anyone. We were straight back on the training pitch, recovering and focused on the game.

“You can’t really look back too much, you have to focus on the next one. We haven’t got time to think about it, we have to go again.”

Fulham have been around the play-off positions all season and Yates is well aware of the threats they pose, but is confident that the attacking players in red can produce the goods to gain all three points.

He said: “They are a really good team as it shows in the league table. They have really good individuals and we know how good they are going forward.

“If we can stop their attacking players and get our match winners on the ball as much as possible then I am sure we will get the right result.”

Ryan seems to be playing a lot better since he got that fat **** Mappred of his back.

The Reds have made an unbeaten start to the restart and will look to bounce back after conceding late against Derby on the weekend and continue their push to cement a top-six spot.

Fulham came back from the break with two defeats against Brentford and Leeds but have responded with back-to-back wins against QPR and Birmingham to keep their promotion push going. To be fair both are shit so they can't be too excited.

Sabri Lamouchi has no injury concerns for the match against The Cottagers with a full squad to choose from.

I am guessing a similar starting XI to Saturday.

Weather - wank

Trap 2 HT feeling too cute

MATCH PROGRAMME

Last edited:
Well done lad, I enjoyed reading that even though we have to lose a game some time (law of averages). I have a lot of faith in our coach,he seems to read the opposition well and in my opinion does well with the players we have.
Thanks.

strange one really, had we won at derby and wednesday then this game would have been huge

but I feel we are pretty much nailed on in the play offs so as long as we dont lose any to injury or reds then we should be ok whatever the result

Cheers App, decent effort.

1-1 is my prediction again and I would be more than happy if we do come away from this with a point.

strange one really, had we won at derby and wednesday then this game would have been huge

but I feel we are pretty much nailed on in the play offs so as long as we dont lose any to injury or reds then we should be ok whatever the result

we're becoming the form team right now, just need the bees to lose a cple and lose bit of confidence :D

What on earth is this shit chap? If we were on the old 606 (RIP) I would be rating this 1* and reporting you to the Doms.

The only thing that can redeem this Fred is mass outrage when the line-up is announced. I would hope that after Saturday some might have learned their lesson but I doubt it chap.

They'll be two up by half-time and we'll pull one back with ten minutes to go due to a lot of huff and puff, but all to no avail. 2-1 Fulham.

Well done lad, I enjoyed reading that even though we have to lose a game some time (law of averages). I have a lot of faith in our coach,he seems to read the opposition well and in my opinion does well with the players we have.
Thanks.

+1 orf, he is desperately unlucky and we will be lucky to scrape a draw now.

The only place in the world I have ever seen more crackheads than Nottingham was Chicago.