Matchday Mayhem - Forest V Fulham | Page 13 | Vital Football

Matchday Mayhem - Forest V Fulham

They could have pushed da Costa up with Grabban and started hoofing, they didn't seem to like that much. Ah well off to Preston hopefully we can put this suspect result behind us and take 3 points there.

Disagree.

First half even but second half we were absolutely chasing shadows. They didn’t create many chances but they completely controlled the game in a way we often enjoy. Deserved nothing and got nothing.

Erm thats very nearly wot i said. Until the goal it was even. So many games, we looked a bit tired today. I think we earned a point but thats football.

Tonight was the perfect illustration of how poor the January window was. The "1st" eleven were having an off day, but the lack of alternatives off the bench who can actually effect a game is so glaringly obvious it is almost laughable. Having said all that surely Carvalho as disappointing as he has been would have been have been worth a punt before Dhaikaby (can't be bothered to do him the courtesy of looking how to spell his name I'm afraid) & Semedo. There's no wonder they looked a bit leggy the same players are having to do all the work. Having said all that the Fulham goal was highly fortunate and shouldn't have stood because of the handball but for that we would have had a point, even though we created nothing. Feel sorry for SL in many ways I think he deserved better in January there's only so much he squeeze out of what he has at his disposal. Pleased I didn't have to waste a tenner on it.

A goal against the run of play, that should have been ruled out for hand ball. Fulham only had 2 shots on target. That goal was at the perfect time for Fulham and allowed them to manage the rest of the game, Forest style! We played quite well until that goal. No disgrace to lose that.

But why did we bring on the likes of Semedo and Diakhaby when we have a creative match winner in our ranks? Surely he needs no introduction....JC. I've said it before, either he has a big attitude problem or the manager has a blind spot.

All of you do yourselves a favour. Don't bother with here or watching the match on Saturday.

Wrist slashing fuckwits

Let's hope the result is the wake up call they need. They did look tired but didn't get the rub of the green and certainly got no favours from the ref - but, that's football.

No doubt Cardiff fans will be saying the same, losing at home to Blackburn.

Pressure is on WBA again tonight, so that could be a good game for the neutral against Derby - but hoping the luck of those at other end of A52 runs out!

A point against PNE, at the weekend will do me fine.

Would love to see Carv come good, but from what I've seen I'm not holding out much hope. The part of his game that is good ( vision. awareness, touch etc) just isn't good enough to compensate for his lack of pace and physicality. Not writing him off, hope I'm wrong, just don't understand the undying love some have got for him.
Also, I don't understand the hatred towards Diakhaby. There was one occasion yesterday where he pushed it much to far in front of him but on a number of other times he went on good little runs and looked a threat.
I never like to slag any Forest player off. When you look at the football Sheff Utd played when beating Spurs the other day with 3 or 4 of our ex players, who were all deemed not good enough by many on this forum i think its much safer not to write them off to quickly.

Whilst last nights game was very disappointing from our perspective, you have to give Fulham credit. They performed much better than us, and in a sense came and did to us what we’ve done to numerous other teams this season.

It’s disappointing to find ourselves in a situation where we’ve put the pressure back on ourselves to maintain a top six place. But I have faith in Sabri that he’ll guide us over the line after 46 games, so as was the case after the Derby draw I’m not going to get too despondent right now.

Whilst last nights game was very disappointing from our perspective, you have to give Fulham credit. They performed much better than us, and in a sense came and did to us what we’ve done to numerous other teams this season.

It’s disappointing to find ourselves in a situation where we’ve put the pressure back on ourselves to maintain a top six place. But I have faith in Sabri that he’ll guide us over the line after 46 games, so as was the case after the Derby draw I’m not going to get too despondent right now.

I don't think we'll have a problem staying in the top 6 but that's about it. I can't see that this bunch of players is good enough to get promoted even with SL in charge. Unless we get a bit of new blood next year we'll be lucky to make top 6.

Slightly outplayed and our limitations were exposed but we already knew them. It's a shame we haven't found a plan B yet, poor Xmas window and not finding a role for Carv and Bostock especially when we are losing is odd.

We have hovered in and around the pray offs all season so it was never going to be plain sailing to secure a place. Had we held on against Wednesday and Derby it would have been all over but the weaknesses we showed in those games have been apparent all season.

At least we are fighting at the right end of the table and still have something to play for though. Am sure I would have ripped your arm off for this situation had it been offered in August (although not the Covid obviously)!

We have hovered in and around the pray offs all season so it was never going to be plain sailing to secure a place. Had we held on against Wednesday and Derby it would have been all over but the weaknesses we showed in those games have been apparent all season.

At least we are fighting at the right end of the table and still have something to play for though. Am sure I would have ripped your arm off for this situation had it been offered in August (although not the Covid obviously)!

its been our gripe pretty much all season, game management....we have improved since the season started, but we still need to manage games better than we do