Race Issues/Riots/Protests/BLM | Page 66 | Vital Football

Race Issues/Riots/Protests/BLM

You know everything and everyone has to have a label Dan

View attachment 40403

It’s a difficult one because when you then start putting everyone on one bracket, then within the bracket you start to have to distinguish.

I had to write a police statement the other day for something I witnessed, which wasn’t a big thing at all, but nevertheless was an RTC. I had to describe the offending driver, so you need it in some form.

And don’t they need to collect those statistics to track how many different people we have, in order to understand the make up to improve opportunities and that sort of thing?

Equally, each ethnicity has its own culture that then loses its identity. Someone wrote in to one of the daytime shows this morning, and a lot of minorities do not like BAME as a black person very different to a Bangladeshi who is very different to a South American.

I have a very boring heritage, I have welsh grandparents but that is about it - I’m one of the most English people you can get. To me it’s interesting to hear where people are from, as you learn things - I didn’t realise how many Indians were actually from Africa, as their grandparents had moved by here.

It’s a difficult one because when you then start putting everyone on one bracket, then within the bracket you start to have to distinguish.

I had to write a police statement the other day for something I witnessed, which wasn’t a big thing at all, but nevertheless was an RTC. I had to describe the offending driver, so you need it in some form.

And don’t they need to collect those statistics to track how many different people we have, in order to understand the make up to improve opportunities and that sort of thing?

Equally, each ethnicity has its own culture that then loses its identity. Someone wrote in to one of the daytime shows this morning, and a lot of minorities do not like BAME as a black person very different to a Bangladeshi who is very different to a South American.

I have a very boring heritage, I have welsh grandparents but that is about it - I’m one of the most English people you can get. To me it’s interesting to hear where people are from, as you learn things - I didn’t realise how many Indians were actually from Africa, as their grandparents had moved by here.

Yes taffy, Ugandan Asians forced out by Idi Amin see its not just white people who can be racist

Just say all statistical gathering of ethnicities and backgrounds was banned for all organisations - wouldn’t ethnic minorities then call for it to be introduced as there are no statistics to back up things like equal opportunities or where they are being under represented?

I tried to play it down and make excuses and ask questions and explain why it was just a misunderstanding but I cant see it that way anymore. It hurts her deeply, 'small' things like that add up over time and it starts to become traumatic.

Bit in bold being the salient point. It isn't one thing, it is the culmination of all the small things building the frustration, and then the hurt, resentment and anger.

Just say all statistical gathering of ethnicities and backgrounds was banned for all organisations - wouldn’t ethnic minorities then call for it to be introduced as there are no statistics to back up things like equal opportunities or where they are being under represented?

strange one mate, minorities are always going to be moaning about something otherwise they'd be the majority;)

Bit in bold being the salient point. It isn't one thing, it is the culmination of all the small things building the frustration, and then the hurt, resentment and anger.
When I read the original post I thought about the recent studies that talked about the effect of continued small physical trauma to the brain....the Jeff Astle story for example. There seems a parallel. Fear you probably are better placed to comment on that. The good news about the story is that if you were boss of the hair salon you'd have to fire the hairdressers. Confronted with the challenge of getting a customer who they could have helped, learned from and turned into a repeat customer they instead went down the humiliation route.

When I read the original post I thought about the recent studies that talked about the effect of continued small physical trauma to the brain....the Jeff Astle story for example. There seems a parallel. Fear you probably are better placed to comment on that. The good news about the story is that if you were boss of the hair salon you'd have to fire the hairdressers. Confronted with the challenge of getting a customer who they could have helped, learned from and turned into a repeat customer they instead went down the humiliation route.

Yes, a good parallel that actually. Just chips away at you, either physically or mentally.

I know from my experience back at the brain ache op (and before I guess) time, there were no big incidents, but loads of little things that I hardly noticed until they stacked up. I could then have gone to war I was so angry at the 'slights' and 'digs' and the doctor stuff and so on.

Life has obviously worn some of these fine folks down and as we've discussed in the thread already, being stopped once and properly is no real issue, being stopped a few times if it is correctly done, shouldn't matter that much, but when it is all the time, for no good reason, and done aggressively, you are going to start to build a resentment that some might then throw back in your face as a 'chip on the shoulder.'

Just wish all this wasn't so confused and political now, kicking out racism has been mixed with all sorts of other stuff and shouldn't have been.

Last edited:
Even without all the other stuff attached, I don't see what the ultimate goal is here. How can you "get rid" of racism? What is the actual solution?

As I said previously, there will always be bad people in society. Do we think we're going to eventually achieve some kind of utopia?

Even without all the other stuff attached, I don't see what the ultimate goal is here. How can you "get rid" of racism? What is the actual solution?

As I said previously, there will always be bad people in society. Do we think we're going to eventually achieve some kind of utopia?

I don’t know if this is relevant, but there was a programme about baby and toddler psychology through the ages not that long ago on the BBC, and it was testing them on various things such as risk, preferences and intelligence.

Anyway, one experiment I found really interesting - they gave a toddler a toy and the toddler had to give it to another toddler. The toddlers receiving were a different sex or ethnicity, and the vast majority of the time (it may have been all the time) the toddler gave the toy to the toddler that looked like them.

I would rather us be open and honest about nature, rather than memes which contradict this.

That way, we know to educate our kids on integration as all that will happen is they will find friends that are similar to them. I suspect this is true in all ages.

Edit: I think it was this programme https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p06syq08

I don’t know if this is relevant, but there was a programme about baby and toddler psychology through the ages not that long ago on channel 4 if I remember correctly, and it was testing them on various things such as risk, preferences and intelligence.

Anyway, one experiment I found really interesting - they gave a toddler a toy and the toddler had to give it to another toddler. The toddlers receiving were a different sex or ethnicity, and the vast majority of the time (it may have been all the time) the toddler gave the toy to the toddler that looked like them.

I would rather us be open and honest about nature, rather than memes which contradict this.

That way, we know to educate our kids on integration as all that will happen is they will find friends that are similar to them. I suspect this is true in all ages.

Yeah, very relevant, and on the same type of thing, a friend of mine is a schoolteacher, who is very much into social justice issues, and when #MeToo was "in", she did studies showing how little boys were little monsters and girls were princesses and this needs to be changed.

Now that race is the thing, she has been sharing studies showing how young white children (around 5 or whatever) tend to stick together and not mingle as much with other races in their classrooms. Even if this is true, so fucking what? They're children!

You mentioned nature, and I totally agree. We have a tendency to stick to our own, look at any major cities, they will have Chinatowns, Irish quarters, Muslim areas, etc. Why is this a bad thing? Who ever said multiculturalism would work?

Yeah agreed.
We will never get rid of all drug dealers.
Never all thieves.
Never all tax evaders etc etc.
Impossible to wipe it out.
I honestly believe this country has come on leaps and bounds over the last few decades in regard to racism.
But we will never get rid of it all. Like all criminal activity.
What we can do is reduce it as much as possible like with all crime.
Thing that worries me now is that the BLM movement indirectly is doing more damage than good and is undoing some of the work that has been done.
Like with all crime you have to surely set realistic and reachable targets.

Well, from the sometimes ridiculous to the even more ridiculous....... you tell me, in chess, why does the white always go first? Is it racial?..... I kid you not.......

https://au.news.yahoo.com/debate-erupts-over-chess-rules-black-white-abc-interview-063723932.html

Perhaps these days with equality, they should first flip a coin to see who moves first?...... Lol

I have no problem believing there is an undertone there, but is it really relevant to the current debate? Erm, no. I'm no Martin Luther King expert, but I'm pretty sure he was more concerned with the important stuff.

Don't think it will push us all forward to a utopia, no. But if it gets the issue back to the point where the minority are shut up by us all, that might be the best that can be achieved.