The government has made/is making a right bloody mess of all this. | Page 31 | Vital Football

The government has made/is making a right bloody mess of all this.

I agree re the protesters Hampton, but you can't really compare it to the Cummings incident. It's all about the government regulation/guidelines at the time.

Right now, it's supposed to be OK outside .....not in such numbers, obviously, and certainly not if social distancing isn't followed .... but back then, it was simply "stay home".

We have another idiot (ironically on the IoW, where the app should be being tested) who broke the guidelines in place at the time. (See link below). Not just him, but journalists and Mr Brexit Party too. I really do think that they believe themselves to be above trivial things like having to follow their own advice ........... quite laughable really.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...Seely-apologises-going-barbecue-lockdown.html
Can't compare the recent mis activities of people with Cummings. Cummings although wrong for going against guidelines in those very early days is a drop in the ocean to the recent bellendery of visiting barbeques, attending demonstrations and having a sly meet up with the one your knocking off. No way he was right going for a drive but breaking social distancing guidelines is by far a worse sin.

I agree re the protesters Hampton, but you can't really compare it to the Cummings incident. It's all about the government regulation/guidelines at the time.

Right now, it's supposed to be OK outside .....not in such numbers, obviously, and certainly not if social distancing isn't followed .... but back then, it was simply "stay home".

We have another idiot (ironically on the IoW, where the app should be being tested) who broke the guidelines in place at the time. (See link below). Not just him, but journalists and Mr Brexit Party too. I really do think that they believe themselves to be above trivial things like having to follow their own advice ........... quite laughable really.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...Seely-apologises-going-barbecue-lockdown.html

It's irrelevant to me Moonay and should be to the "unbiased by charter" BBC the political leaning of anyone who disregards/ flouts the rules / guidelines.
To me they are all selfish idiots and should be treated in exactly the same way by being condemned.
This is clearly not the case and it stinks (again) of bias.

The irony of endangering the lives of themselves, their families and the wider population by protesting without social distancing that "black lives matter" is clearly lost on the protesting hoards.
What about "all lives matter" and stop being so selfishly dramatic.

It's irrelevant to me Moonay and should be to the "unbiased by charter" BBC the political leaning of anyone who disregards/ flouts the rules / guidelines.
To me they are all selfish idiots and should be treated in exactly the same way by being condemned.

I don't think it's about political leanings. All the MPs made the news (admittedly briefly) at the times their flouting occurred.

The crowds have been criticised (lightly) .......noting that they're outdoor and most are wearing masks. The BBC aren't really there to criticise the public.

Cummings? .......was it over the top? ........ for a man who made the rules? .........we each draw our own conclusion.

The thing we'll never know is ............. if Cummings had come clean, and apologised, then maybe the government wouldn't have had to rush easement, and maybe wouldn't have had to switch from Home to Alert, and maybe the population would still have felt a nervousness about being out, and maybe, just maybe, these gatherings wouldn't be happening. We'll never know.

If black lives matter ( and they do ) and all those chanting that in London why is the black on black homicide so high in the capital ? Does it not matter then?

Cue someone being offended by that!!!! Not me btw.
I really do abhor what happened to GL but he has suddenly been made a martyr yet has a crime sheet a fair few pages long.....nothing at all like this was made of LR who was hacked to death in these shores....just baffles me how we treat them so differently & before someone gets on their high horse yes I do realise that the police should be beyond reproach & uphold the rule of law regardless.

I don't think it's about political leanings. All the MPs made the news (admittedly briefly) at the times their flouting occurred.

The crowds have been criticised (lightly) .......noting that they're outdoor and most are wearing masks. The BBC aren't really there to criticise the public.

Cummings? .......was it over the top? ........ for a man who made the rules? .........we each draw our own conclusion.

The thing we'll never know is ............. if Cummings had come clean, and apologised, then maybe the government wouldn't have had to rush easement, and maybe wouldn't have had to switch from Home to Alert, and maybe the population would still have felt a nervousness about being out, and maybe, just maybe, these gatherings wouldn't be happening. We'll never know.
The BBCs job is to report the facts and thats the whole raison d'etre of the national public service broadcaster - it's not supposed to criticise anyone !

And it's not often that I agree with Dame Dick but for once she is spot on.
These idiots are over the line the fact some have "masks and hand sanitisers" is irrelevant.

If black lives matter ( and they do ) and all those chanting that in London why is the black on black homicide so high in the capital ? Does it not matter then?

I'd imagine the slogan is aimed more at the attitude of the law enforcement agencies - certainly in the States, but maybe here too - where we very often hear awful things happening to black kids, but rarely (or at least, less frequently) to white ones. It comes down to the way that those law enforcement officers view, and treat people. Do they act in the same way regardless of the colour of the person's skin? Some of the video clips from over the last week have been horrific
..... though to be fair, some of it was against white people too.

Cue someone being offended by that!!!! Not me btw.
I really do abhor what happened to GL but he has suddenly been made a martyr yet has a crime sheet a fair few pages long.....nothing at all like this was made of LR who was hacked to death in these shores....just baffles me how we treat them so differently & before someone gets on their high horse yes I do realise that the police should be beyond reproach & uphold the rule of law regardless.

I think you mean GF ...... George Floyd?

To reference Lee Rigby is just wrong. Such false equivalences were all over Facebook, and Lee's family had to put out a disclaimer that they didn't want such comparisons.

George Floyd was murdered by a Policeman. Lee Rigby was murdered by terrorists.

When you say treat "them" differently, I'm not sure who you mean Jock.

The BBCs job is to report the facts and thats the whole raison d'etre of the national public service broadcaster - it's not supposed to criticise anyone !
I don't get it. You seemed to be whinging at the BBC for not criticising the gatherings, whilst they'd been all over the Cummings story.

To me, they are normally fairly balanced ........both the right and the left think they're biased, so they must be doing summat right.

I don't get it. You seemed to be whinging at the BBC for not criticising the gatherings, whilst they'd been all over the Cummings story.

To me, they are normally fairly balanced ........both the right and the left think they're biased, so they must be doing summat right.
Adjust your lens mate 😉
You've agreed entirely with my point !
Don't criticise anyone = that's your job
Or if you can't do that criticise everyone equally not left loaded !

I'd imagine the slogan is aimed more at the attitude of the law enforcement agencies - certainly in the States, but maybe here too - where we very often hear awful things happening to black kids, but rarely (or at least, less frequently) to white ones. It comes down to the way that those law enforcement officers view, and treat people. Do they act in the same way regardless of the colour of the person's skin? Some of the video clips from over the last week have been horrific
..... though to be fair, some of it was against white people too.

I think you mean GF ...... George Floyd?

To reference Lee Rigby is just wrong. Such false equivalences were all over Facebook, and Lee's family had to put out a disclaimer that they didn't want such comparisons.

George Floyd was murdered by a Policeman. Lee Rigby was murdered by terrorists.

When you say treat "them" differently, I'm not sure who you mean Jock.

Tried doing ur bullet point thing but spent last 10 mins ballsing it up despite your instructions u sent me 🤔

Yep ment GF

Treat 'them'differently by that I ment why do we treat any loss of life differently, or any murder for that matter...why have demonstrations for one death & none for another.....

So fair enough Lee Rigby's family doesn't want his situation used but it was still a mindless & brutal killing with ZERO protests or demonstrations.
No protest or demonstrations held when a police officer was killed last August in Thames Valley...

I'll still state that there should be no marches / protests or demonstrations for a few reasons - our so called social distancing, tying up of valuable resources & the usual suspects hell bent on trouble, vandalism and violence...

Adjust your lens mate 😉

Given that my lens can see the "bias" from both sides, I think it's yours which might have a cataract. ;)

You've agreed entirely with my point !
Don't criticise anyone = that's your job
Or if you can't do that criticise everyone equally not left loaded !

I'm still puzzled though. I'm not sure which point you think I've agreed with ........ though I'm happy to ..... I think.

Regardless, in your earlier post (the one to which I was responding), you seemed to be chastising the Beeb for not criticising - or at least, not reporting on - the protesters.......I've linked your post below. As they've obviously been reporting on them - mentioning masks, gloves, and a general lack of social distancing - I presumed you expected more criticism. If that wasn't what you meant, then my apologies.

Absolutely a disgrace all these protests at a time like this No thought all all about spreading this virus. Then next thing we will be calling Boris on here. was listening to that fool. Mayor of Manchester. Who like always was on the fence would not come out and say it was wrong. What would happen if the Pubs said balls to it and opened Police can’t do any thing. To stop it as if they try The press will turn on them. Be one of them soon. Look after any yourself don’t give a shit about any one else Second wave on its way.

Tried doing ur bullet point thing but spent last 10 mins ballsing it up despite your instructions u sent me 🤔

Practise makes perfect. ;) I just hit reply a few times, then put some rows between the various copies (to make space to reply) ........then delete the text that I'm not responding to, and post the response underneath that part of the quote.

Treat 'them'differently by that I ment why do we treat any loss of life differently, or any murder for that matter...why have demonstrations for one death & none for another.....

The demos are against the Law Enforcement Agencies ........ For Lee Rigby, a demo against terrorists would have made little sense, as everyone (except the terrorists) accept it was a heinous action.

Over here, I'm not sure if they're demoing against our Police, or merely showing solidarity with the US. I presume the latter mainly.

No protest or demonstrations held when a police officer was killed last August in Thames Valley......

Who would the demo have been against ........... and for what purpose?

I'll still state that there should be no marches / protests or demonstrations for a few reasons - our so called social distancing, tying up of valuable resources & the usual suspects hell bent on trouble, vandalism and violence...

At this time Jock, I agree.

Absolutely a disgrace all these protests at a time like this No thought all all about spreading this virus. Then next thing we will be calling Boris on here. was listening to that fool. Mayor of Manchester. Who like always was on the fence would not come out and say it was wrong. What would happen if the Pubs said balls to it and opened Police can’t do any thing. To stop it as if they try The press will turn on them. Be one of them soon. Look after any yourself don’t give a shit about any one else Second wave on its way.

Why on earth is Andy Burnham a fool John? He's mad as a wasp at Johnson for easing lockdown, when here in the NW, the R rate is still around 1.

I didn't see the interview to which you're referring, so not really sure what the wouldn't come out and say.

Rightly or wrongly, the government have given the impression that things are getting much better ........ they've planted the seed, and they've no moral authority, based on their own actions and statements.

Why on earth is Andy Burnham a fool John? He's mad as a wasp at Johnson for easing lockdown, when here in the NW, the R rate is still around 1.

I didn't see the interview to which you're referring, so not really sure what the wouldn't come out and say.

Rightly or wrongly, the government have given the impression that things are getting much better ........ they've planted the seed, and they've no moral authority, based on their own actions and statements.
Things were getting much better. Just look in the hospitals not getting over run. With people. Boris as not told these idiots to protest. He is trying his best to get the country moving again. People need to get back to work for gods sake. Slowly with caution. Like he as said. But like always he dammed if he does Dammed if he doesn’t As for Andy Burnham wonder why Leigh. went blue enough said.