The government has made/is making a right bloody mess of all this. | Page 33 | Vital Football

The government has made/is making a right bloody mess of all this.

The previous two opinions were from journalists ............... this is from a Tory MP, who actually used to work in DfID !

Does Johnson do anything but u-turn, or lie? Maybe he'll do a flip on this too.

It’s safe, it hasn’t been abolished, just merged with another department. It means money is more accountable, can be used more wisely and this self indulgent waste should be less. An excellent decision.

It’s safe, it hasn’t been abolished, just merged with another department. It means money is more accountable, can be used more wisely and this self indulgent waste should be less. An excellent decision.

Hopefully now not urinating away hundreds of millions of pounds on 'consultants' ... A hoard of 'aid consultants' sprang out of the woodwork when that first appeared.

School meals for UK children or money spent on consultancy fees .... ?
F*ck the adam smith institute!

Tell Andrew Mitchell. Tell David Cameron (I'll skip Brown and Blair, as I know you won't tell them). Tell the two esteemed journalists.

In fact, just tell yourself to stop believing that everything Johnson does is decent and honourable. It isn't.

School meals for UK children or money spent on consultancy fees .... ?

Well OLFE, until Marcus/Daniel/Martin Rashford shamed the government into going back on it's decision - so vigorously defended until yesterday morning - it seems the answer was going to be neither !

Tell Andrew Mitchell. Tell David Cameron (I'll skip Brown and Blair, as I know you won't tell them). Tell the two esteemed journalists.

In fact, just tell yourself to stop believing that everything Johnson does is decent and honourable. It isn't.

Or perhaps you should stop believing that everything Johnson and the government does is indecent and dishonourable. It isn’t.

Or perhaps you should stop believing that everything Johnson and the government does is indecent and dishonourable. It isn’t.

That's just it. I don't. I've given credit in the "well done" thread when it's been deserved.

The bottom line is, until they were shamed out of it, the government were going to:
- discontinue free school meals during the summer holidays, at a time when significant numbers of people have lost jobs/income because of Covid.
- charge front line health and care workers the NHS migrant surcharge
- exclude migrant support workers from the NHS bereavement scheme
- stop MPs who couldn't physically make it to the HoC during Covid shutdown from having a vote

I'm happy to give them credit. I want to live in a decent society. I want us all to be healthy, comfortably wealthy and safe. I want the government to succeed ............ I just don't see much success.

That's just it. I don't. I've given credit in the "well done" thread when it's been deserved.

The bottom line is, until they were shamed out of it, the government were going to:
- discontinue free school meals during the summer holidays, at a time when significant numbers of people have lost jobs/income because of Covid.
- charge front line health and care workers the NHS migrant surcharge
- exclude migrant support workers from the NHS bereavement scheme
- stop MPs who couldn't physically make it to the HoC during Covid shutdown from having a vote

I'm happy to give them credit. I want to live in a decent society. I want us all to be healthy, comfortably wealthy and safe. I want the government to succeed ............ I just don't see much success.

Then perhaps you should see an optician and change your lenses.

As I told you a while ago, the threads are all the same, just no need for multiple ones.
And as I told you ....... there was a government good, a government bad, and a general moaning one. The lockdown one was a specific issue.

You felt obliged to create the Congrats to Boris one.

Regardless, what does it matter the number of threads ................. there still wasn't very much to praise the government on.

And as I told you ....... there was a government good, a government bad, and a general moaning one. The lockdown one was a specific issue.

You felt obliged to create the Congrats to Boris one.

Regardless, what does it matter the number of threads ................. there still wasn't very much to praise the government on.

I did. As little doubt the message would have been lost in amongst all the moaning.

Quite feeble though, wasn't it ...... congratulating the PM on yet another (total number yet to be confirmed) baby.

Hope you sent him a card.
;)

What’s feeble about congratulating someone on the birth of a child given it was touch and go whether a few weeks previously he’d have been alive to see it?

What’s feeble about congratulating someone on the birth of a child given it was touch and go whether a few weeks previously he’d have been alive to see it?
Face to face, nothing at all.

As for him almost dying, well given that he bragged about continuing to shake hands way after official advice was against this, I wonder how many other people he infected ..................... and if any of them were less fortunate.

Face to face, nothing at all.

As for him almost dying, well given that he bragged about continuing to shake hands way after official advice was against this, I wonder how many other people he infected ..................... and if any of them were less fortunate.

You have become a very callous, bitter and twisted person.

You have become a very callous, bitter and twisted person.

Don't talk daft. I didn't want to see him die ......... though I am concerned that through his own selfish behaviour, he may well have contributed to infecting others.

Just imagine how you would feel if one of your family had died, and there was traceability to contact with Mr Shaky-hand Man Johnson.

Selfish, ignorant and arrogant.