Good Morning Thread | Page 67 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

I actually bought a spray gun last year , when we bought the fence paint. Filled it up , primed it , aimed at the new fence and promptly sprayed my feet , the Sky , and the garage wall which was at right angles to the fence ! . It went every where except at the fence . Luckily nobody was standing on my left hand side or they would have copped a large portion of paint as well . Took it all apart , cleaned it , tried again and the same thing happened . So I cleaned it up again , washed down the garage wall again , put it back in the box it came in and painted the fence by hand . Was meant to take it back but never did . If anyone wants a paint sprayer ......... would be ideal for painting the inside of a pipe !!! Going cheap .
I had a similar experience Walt....found it could only be used when there was no wind at all, not even a slight breeze....sprayed everything, concrete posts, the pavement...same result as you...went back to hand painting...which is why the fence only gets painted occasionally, whether it needs it or not.

Good morning all , sun is shining again , lovely day to chat to the passers by , unsocially , of course .
Saturday is normally a day of doing bugger all , but needs must . I didn’t do any fence painting yesterday, it was too cold and too windy. I must confess to being a bit of a fair weather fence painter . The wind , when it is blustery like it was , gives me the hump , and I can’t be arsed to do patient things like trellis painting . I can remember years ago being given a job of maintaining the council owned beach huts on Hayling Island beach . Sounds brilliant I thought . The problem was , it was an out of season job , obviously , and there was no electricity or water , so I had to a generator in the back of my van and huge bottles of water for washing etc . If anyone has been on Hayling island beach in the winter or early spring you will know how ‘kin windy and cold it is . The wind just does not stop , even on nice days when the rest of the world has a wind free day , ... I had long hair then as well , and by the time I got home it was a tangled , salt encrusted mess .,the wind would constantly blow a very fine spray off of the sea and it was unnoticeable at first .
It turned out to be one of the worst jobs I ever had after thinking it was going to be one of my best . My initial thoughts were strolling along the beach , T-shirt , shorts and flip flops easing and adjusting doors , etc didn’t come to reality. !!!!!!! Sou'wester , woolly hat , jumper and thick jeans , doc martens and the Petrol !
Ha ha .
Painting the fence now is just a breeze ( did you see what I did there) compared to that job .
Anyway , hope you all have a lovely day .
Keep well , keep safe , keep posting , don’t get complacent

Last edited:
Good morning. :thumbup::tophat:

Friday. Hamburgers!

My wife said she doesn't want me going back to the office she loves how much time we've been able to spend together. Having lunch together every day. Home at 5.

Must say I am not in a rush. And I've been much more productive.
Are there things you can’t do , working from home 80 ? I’ve worked in an office but my work was in construction which meant I was In the office for perhaps two days a week and on the road for the rest . There was no way I would have been able to work from home . My ‘secretary ‘ would have , I suppose . It’s irrelevant anyway because the construction industry was in lockdown , but I was wondering if your job could end up being a permanent situation , similarly a worldwide redeployment ?
would you be interested if it was offered ?

Are there things you can’t do , working from home 80 ? I’ve worked in an office but my work was in construction which meant I was In the office for perhaps two days a week and on the road for the rest . There was no way I would have been able to work from home . My ‘secretary ‘ would have , I suppose . It’s irrelevant anyway because the construction industry was in lockdown , but I was wondering if your job could end up being a permanent situation , similarly a worldwide redeployment ?
would you be interested if it was offered ?

Distributed work, or hybrid work (office and @home) will be the new norm. Applications like Microsoft Teams have come into their own, Teams is secure and integrates seamlessly with all your other applications in a well planned company.
Microsoft Teams 'Rooms' is being deployed in almost every smart business, so it's here to stay.

As we return to work, it will be phased and planned; desks are being moved 2mtres apart, which brings space limitations for many offices into play and @home working where employees can is the smart way to rooster so most likely the pattern that we see is 2 days aweek in the office and 3 at home.

Of course some jobs simply can't be done from home, a friend of mine is running a huge project for southern water and does work on-site but also remotely onsight by using video conversations whilst on the site to minimize contact - he was a huge sceptic about it before I convinced him, you have to be well-trained to make it work and he invested in his workforce and even blokes you'd swear would laugh at the idea love it - they all have harden 'caterpillar' mobiles and not only is it working, but they are all now more productive than before by a country mile!

The World is not going to go back now.

Afternoon all, Walt I must admit sitting reading your Monty Python description of using a spray gun on your fence had me it fits, esp imagining what was going on, any way I use a "Wilko's" own spray gun when doing my fences, 26no 6x6, yes blockages and drips occur but generally does a very good jod, I then dispose of it and buy another for the next time.

Oh yes a very good discription of Hayling in the winter months.

Afternoon all, Walt I must admit sitting reading your Monty Python description of using a spray gun on your fence had me it fits, esp imagining what was going on, any way I use a "Wilko's" own spray gun when doing my fences, 26no 6x6, yes blockages and drips occur but generally does a very good jod, I then dispose of it and buy another for the next time.

Oh yes a very good discription of Hayling in the winter months.

I have been to Hayling Island and it reminded me of the film Deliverance, I was glad to get off it.

I have been hemming and hawing for quite a while now about buying one of a Triumph GT6, MGB GT, TR3 A, TR4 A or an MG A. That is my obstacle to overcome. Tough life. :bag:

Haha...Harry, seems you're gonna need that Sound bar for footy after all...

https://www.skysports.com/football/...option-part-of-sky-sports-innovative-coverage

"In partnership with EA SPORTS FIFA, Sky Sports has created a range of bespoke and team-specific crowd noises and chants to bring the vibrant atmosphere of the Premier League to the restart. Viewers can select the Sky channel to watch with the added sound or with stadium noise. "
Well Critical, I’ve got it working via the Optical link that was connected to the tv on installation for the surround sound receiver. It’s a medium range Yamaha YAS-109 and it is a good improvement over the basic tv sound, especially for action films..I connected the subWoofer from the defunct surround system and it certainly shakes the fillings in your teeth...it has a sports setting but so far it doesn’t make a great deal of difference with old footie games being reshown at the moment so the Sky experiment will be interesting...

It also has Alexa on it and I’ve started my degree course in IT bull crap to find out how to use it for simple things...one good thing is I can play Spotify without having to use my iPad or phone which is good...music reproduction is ok, not hi-fi standard but ok...as regards the blueray player I’ll leave it for a while...I can probably get all my films from Netflix or Amazon anyway so maybe it’s not that important after all.

Well Critical, I’ve got it working via the Optical link that was connected to the tv on installation for the surround sound receiver. It’s a medium range Yamaha YAS-109 and it is a good improvement over the basic tv sound, especially for action films..I connected the subWoofer from the defunct surround system and it certainly shakes the fillings in your teeth...it has a sports setting but so far it doesn’t make a great deal of difference with old footie games being reshown at the moment so the Sky experiment will be interesting...

It also has Alexa on it and I’ve started my degree course in IT bull crap to find out how to use it for simple things...one good thing is I can play Spotify without having to use my iPad or phone which is good...music reproduction is ok, not hi-fi standard but ok...as regards the blueray player I’ll leave it for a while...I can probably get all my films from Netflix or Amazon anyway so maybe it’s not that important after all.
Well done H ! We can all sleep peacefully again , even if your neighbours can’t .!!!!!

Well done and good to hear Harry.

Hope you and Alexa get on OK! ... wouldn't mind an update on that!

I have been hemming and hawing for quite a while now about buying one of a Triumph GT6, MGB GT, TR3 A, TR4 A or an MG A. That is my obstacle to overcome. Tough life. :bag:

GT6 would be my choice but it will need plenty upgrading. Brakes, suspension , steering, a few performance mods but not much. There are well known deficiencies with the standard car that can be sorted.

Morning all . Clear skies , no wind , didn’t do the fence yesterday, the wind didn’t die down and it was ‘kin cold . Looks better this morning , not been out yet , only just woke up! Nine o clock !
will definitely get the fence done today !
Had to laugh , Harry getting the hump with Alexa . I’ve always thought that was a weird name , is it possible to change it ?
I can sometimes hear them next door calling out to Alexa to play something different , it’s never loud or interfering, but it is tempting to shout out for her to play Dire Straits or something !
Hope you are all well, unsocial, cool calm and collected.
footballs coming home .

Life can be a bitch mate , keep us informed ! Have your car showrooms been on lockdown as well . Think ours are opening this week

Morning all . Clear skies , no wind , didn’t do the fence yesterday, the wind didn’t die down and it was ‘kin cold . Looks better this morning , not been out yet , only just woke up! Nine o clock !
will definitely get the fence done today !
Had to laugh , Harry getting the hump with Alexa . I’ve always thought that was a weird name , is it possible to change it ?
I can sometimes hear them next door calling out to Alexa to play something different , it’s never loud or interfering, but it is tempting to shout out for her to play Dire Straits or something !
Hope you are all well, unsocial, cool calm and collected.
footballs coming home .
Hilarious, the idea of controlling your neighbour's music through Alexa. Maybe if you didn't like them you could sneak out in the early hours of the morning and instruct Alexa to play some heavy metal. 'Louder Alexa'.