Good Morning Thread | Page 68 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

Still dull and overcast up here Walt but I’ve only just surfaced as well....it’s Sunday so I’m going to take a day off from doing nothing and do nothing smarter....
One bit of brightness yesterday was watching Gaza’s great goal against Scotland in the Euros years ago....sad in one way though the way the lad wasted his extrodinary talent....it was also interesting to see the difference in tactical approaches between then and now...ours at the time seemed to be “On me head, Harry”...

Hilarious, the idea of controlling your neighbour's music through Alexa. Maybe if you didn't like them you could sneak out in the early hours of the morning and instruct Alexa to play some heavy metal. 'Louder Alexa'.
Don’t you start encouraging her Gary....she’s awkward enough as it is! Great idea though..

Good morning. :thumbup::tophat:

I have been hemming and hawing for quite a while now about buying one of a Triumph GT6, MGB GT, TR3 A, TR4 A or an MG A. That is my obstacle to overcome. Tough life. :bag:
Is that all the choice they have in your car showrooms 80...have you been driving a DeLorean and accidentally gone back in time?

Life can be a bitch mate , keep us informed ! Have your car showrooms been on lockdown as well . Think ours are opening this week

Test drove a 62 TR3 A yesterday with the bigger engine. Going back today with a good friend who is more in tune with the electrical side of cars because something looks weird. Naff me I had forgotten how worm gear steering NEEDS a big steering wheel. Anyway, this one needs more work than I wanted to do so the price better match that. Not easy valuing these things.

Test drove a 62 TR3 A yesterday with the bigger engine. Going back today with a good friend who is more in tune with the electrical side of cars because something looks weird. Naff me I had forgotten how worm gear steering NEEDS a big steering wheel. Anyway, this one needs more work than I wanted to do so the price better match that. Not easy valuing these things.

Couple of nice GT6s on ebay in the UK. One is a Le Mans MK 2 with lots of racing mods. The other a standard and very sweet MK 3 for only £ 8995.00. Looks well sorted.

Still dull and overcast up here Walt but I’ve only just surfaced as well....it’s Sunday so I’m going to take a day off from doing nothing and do nothing smarter....
One bit of brightness yesterday was watching Gaza’s great goal against Scotland in the Euros years ago....sad in one way though the way the lad wasted his extrodinary talent....it was also interesting to see the difference in tactical approaches between then and now...ours at the time seemed to be “On me head, Harry”...
Yeah ,I saw that goal last night as well Harry . Brilliant .
We were at a mates wedding that day . His new wife wasn’t at all impressed that we had all buggered off to the battle, to watch the game . ,
It was obviously her that picked that date and he hadn’t done his homework . My wife wasn’t too pleased either , but she was my first wife and it didn’t matter . Ha ha

Good morning all. Back to Groundhog Day , sun shine . A bit of shopping on the horizon today . Essentials like bleach , coffee, Chocolate and Beer . Chocolate isn’t for me , very unusual if I ever go anywhere near it , I’m almost out of beer , can’t be letting that happen . We go through bleach faster than coffee and beer !
Hand sanitizer would be good if we can get any , and those anti bac wipes I’ve heard of , weird how you never see them .
I am going to try different queues today . Broadening my queue experience . Home Bargains . We will see .

We had fish and chips on Saturday , I’ve been to this queue before and thought I had mastered it . You have to queue outside , only letting two people at a time in the shop . Worked ok before , the one at the front orders , pays and goes back outside to the back of the second queue . Orders are made up , and the two queues merge in turn , only two in the shop. ........Saturday , I’m waiting outside , last person leaves the shop , I go inside and the bloke at the front goes to the counter , orders and pays . Now , he doesn’t go back outside! . He stands his ground! . Causes chaos ! ...the person at the front of the second queue gets her order called out but she can’t go back in the shop because the rule breaker isn’t complying with the fish shop rules . I’m stood unsocially behind him , not being able to place my order . Who do you think gets asked to leave the shop ? ....... muggings here ! I get sent back outside . But can’t get out because first woman in second queue is standing in the doorway looking bewildered , she can see her order on the counter top , all wrapped up and nowhere to go. ! ...So I have to order the second queue to back up to let me out of the shop. Then , when I get back outside in the cold , it was cold on Saturday , hence the fish and chips , .....I have to get the first queue to shuffle backward so that I can regain my spot at the top of the queue . Got lots of mutterings by queuers thinking it’s was me that caused it all . People at the back of the first queue weren’t paying attention and unsocial distancing was breached . . I just kept my eyes facing forward , ignoring it all , glaring daggers at the real villain who was still stood belligerently at the counter. Oblivious to it all . Luckily it wasn’t long before he got his order and left and normal service was resumed . I went back inside to place my order but the woman behind the counter thought I was queue jumping again and told me to go the back of the second queue !!! I had to explain it all , she was sorry and I’m never going back there again ..... I’m probably on QueueWatch now , or something similar , ....It could only happen to me . I kept my head down as I left . Luckily my car was parked out of sight and I don’t think I was spotted as I drove away ,wearing dark glasses on the coldest day of the year ... slunk as low as I could behind the wheel. ..............other fish shops are available , .
hope you are all well , keeping unsocial , alert , and uncomplacent .
got to go , queues don’t form themselves you know ,

Last edited:
My Chippie seems to have it licked...he has an online ordering service via just eat I think..
You order what you want online, pay online and turn up at the time you specified....his shop has two doors so he separated an area at one end for online order collection and the other door for walk ins...both have separate queueing areas outside the shop...I’ve never had to queue as my order is always bagged and ready....

Cloudy again up here...fits the mood of the day...probably have to do some housework whatever that is....must ask Alexa..have a safe day guys...enjoy your shopping Walt...whoever thought I would say that to another guy....I’m getting really worried now...

Good morning all. Back to Groundhog Day , sun shine . A bit of shopping on the horizon today . Essentials like bleach , coffee, Chocolate and Beer . Chocolate isn’t for me , very unusual if I ever go anywhere near it , I’m almost out of beer , can’t be letting that happen . We go through bleach faster than coffee and beer !
Hand sanitizer would be good if we can get any , and those anti bac wipes I’ve heard of , weird how you never see them .
I am going to try different queues today . Broadening my queue experience . Home Bargains . We will see .

We had fish and chips on Saturday , I’ve been to this queue before and thought I had mastered it . You have to queue outside , only letting two people at a time in the shop . Worked ok before , the one at the front orders , pays and goes back outside to the back of the second queue . Orders are made up , and the two queues merge in turn , only two in the shop. ........Saturday , I’m waiting outside , last person leaves the shop , I go inside and the bloke at the front goes to the counter , orders and pays . Now , he doesn’t go back outside! . He stands his ground! . Causes chaos ! ...the person at the front of the second queue gets her order called out but she can’t go back in the shop because the rule breaker isn’t complying with the fish shop rules . I’m stood unsocially behind him , not being able to place my order . Who do you think gets asked to leave the shop ? ....... muggings here ! I get sent back outside . But can’t get out because first woman in second queue is standing in the doorway looking bewildered , she can see her order on the counter top , all wrapped up and nowhere to go. ! ...So I have to order the second queue to back up to let me out of the shop. Then , when I get back outside in the cold , it was cold on Saturday , hence the fish and chips , .....I have to get the first queue to shuffle backward so that I can regain my spot at the top of the queue . Got lots of mutterings by queuers thinking it’s was me that caused it all . People at the back of the first queue weren’t paying attention and unsocial distancing was breached . . I just kept my eyes facing forward , ignoring it all , glaring daggers at the real villain who was still stood belligerently at the counter. Oblivious to it all . Luckily it wasn’t long before he got his order and left and normal service was resumed . I went back inside to place my order but the woman behind the counter thought I was queue jumping again and told me to go the back of the second queue !!! I had to explain it all , she was sorry and I’m never going back there again ..... I’m probably on QueueWatch now , or something similar , ....It could only happen to me . I kept my head down as I left . Luckily my car was parked out of sight and I don’t think I was spotted as I drove away ,wearing dark glasses on the coldest day of the year ... slunk as low as I could behind the wheel. ..............other fish shops are available , .
Why didn't the staff ask him to move? Or did he just ignore them too?

Maybe there is a new employment opportunity for former sports people here. Tactical queue formations.

Queueing theory is the mathematical study of waiting lines, or queues. A queueing model is constructed so that queue lengths and waiting time can be predicted ...yeh right eh Walthy...practice v theory!

I remember a long time ago going into a shop and joining a queue. I got to the counter and the operative looked right past me and asked the guy behind what he wanted. I said what the fcuk am I invisible....at which point the operative stated...Who Said That?...had to laugh and everyone grinned....ha ha.

Morning all, missed yesterday's chats/posts, but read now.

Neighbour's whingeing moaning, well yesterday my poorly missus had a nos of sittings in our new hot tub, it done her good already, anyway whilst sitting in the tub we had a sound system on playing a nos of cd's by heavy metal band "Iron Maiden", low and behold the neighbour's from both sides of us called out/shouted to us across the fence, as they are all some 10+ years older than us I was expecting a gripe about it being Sunday, but surprise, surprise it was "can't you turn the sounds up" lol! which we did of course, entertaining everyone. A lovely Sunday afternoon, there is a song in there somewhere lol!

Morning all, missed yesterday's chats/posts, but read now.

Neighbour's whingeing moaning, well yesterday my poorly missus had a nos of sittings in our new hot tub, it done her good already, anyway whilst sitting in the tub we had a sound system on playing a nos of cd's by heavy metal band "Iron Maiden", low and behold the neighbour's from both sides of us called out/shouted to us across the fence, as they are all some 10+ years older than us I was expecting a gripe about it being Sunday, but surprise, surprise it was "can't you turn the sounds up" lol! which we did of course, entertaining everyone. A lovely Sunday afternoon, there is a song in there somewhere lol!

Small Faces ....Lazy Sunday. Hilarious song.....Rinky dinky do, Rinky dinky dido.