Good Morning Thread | Page 65 | Vital Football

Good Morning Thread

Makes me laugh (angry) . Guy on tv last night saying about water and hose pipe bans . He said there is plenty of water , the very wet winter and early spring has left the reservoirs and lakes full. The problem is that with people working from home and also being furloughed, there is a demand for water that they can’t keep up with . They have only had ten weeks to sort out that problem .
Any way . Keep safe . Don’t get complacent . Don’t let boredom be the tipping point . Keep posting .

I wonder what everyone will do when life returns to 'normal?!'
I’ve thought that Ex ,,we were only saying yesterday , while doing the ‘box room’ that being in Lockdown has enabled us to do all the jobs we were saving for a wet winter day ! When we do get a wet winter day I haven’t got a clue what we will do . .
Start all over again I suppose but without queuing and getting what you actually went out for in the first place ....
We wanted bedding plant seeds for this year and were sure we bought them last September. Could not find them anywhere . We have a large box that all our seeds are in . My wife looks after them like they are her own , if they were not in there then they won’t be anywhere .Walt gets dispatched to buy some . Nothing . Guess where we found found them............. In the small bedroom yesterday !
Have not got a clue what they were doing in a drawer in there ! Weird ennit !
They will come in handy for next year .

Some will resort to kind and remain or revert back to self centred selfish and uncaring again, some will retain how much nicer it has been to be kind and caring and swell the feelgood factors of society before this all happened by joining the many who were that way before all this, the rest all flavours in between ......hopefully the former % will be a lot lot smaller going forward....but human natiure may dictate those inclined to be 'me me me' will flourish once more.

But you may have meant DIY and hobbies EX ...most of us tend to 'paint the Forth Road Bridge; i.e when finished you go back to the start and begin again as it has taken so long tho complete a task another one crops up as needing re-done.

Assuming it goes back to some sort of pre crisis normality I hope all on here will do two things....

1.Evolve the main focus of the sit site back to all things football and Spurs

BUT

2.Retain the great stuff being posted on here and put it in off topic and not lose all the supportiveness and cameradery we have engendered during this surreal time.

And I will also go back to my hobbies such as buying and selling LP records, sporting activities and eateries and pubs, grandkids and family gatherings!

I will be back to moaning about the eternal roadworks on the M6 and M1 when being allowed to travel down to London to see family members. You'd have thought social distancing wouldn't be an issue for the diggers and the tarmac layers, as you never saw anyone working before the lockdown!. It was (and to some extent still is) a perfect windows to get all motorways fixed/widened/smart(ed). Wishful thinking!

Even with lock downs easing all over the world Ex, I'm not sure quite what 'returning to normal' will be. It will be a long time before activities that many of us have considered to be part and parcel of our daily lives return to anything like normal, whilst the 'fear factor' will also be prevalent whereby many will be reticent to adjust back to what was previously considered as normal. Greavesie makes some valid points however, insofar as hopefully the majority will be more appreciative and considerate of their health, their surroundings, and of those around them.

Some will resort to kind and remain or revert back to self centred selfish and uncaring again, some will retain how much nicer it has been to be kind and caring and swell the feelgood factors of society before this all happened by joining the many who were that way before all this, the rest all flavours in between ......hopefully the former % will be a lot lot smaller going forward....but human natiure may dictate those inclined to be 'me me me' will flourish once more.

But you may have meant DIY and hobbies EX ...most of us tend to 'paint the Forth Road Bridge; i.e when finished you go back to the start and begin again as it has taken so long tho complete a task another one crops up as needing re-done.

Assuming it goes back to some sort of pre crisis normality I hope all on here will do two things....

BUT

2.Retain the great stuff being posted on here and put it in off topic and not lose all the supportiveness and cameradery we have engendered during this surreal time.

And I will also go back to my hobbies such as buying and selling LP records, sporting activities and eateries and pubs, grandkids and family gatherings!

I've been doing some pondering about here; the off-topic stuff we've been doing may well have helped 'save' the site as advertisers can still see a vibrant and persistent audience, so that's a plus.

Like you, it will be great to get this back to all things Spurs and Football in the main area, but if any of you have idea's on how to re-structure/promote the 'off subject' stuff (perhaps links from a to dare to do thread?) or any other idea you have, I'd love to hear them..

I've had one idea which may or may not work, which is to (in turn) give posters a 'blog' thread that in turn is purely there for a week - where they blog about anything they fancy, where they control it i.e. allow responses or not etc?

Return to normal, for me its God knows! as my wife is terrified of the dam virus, bad enough fighting and coping with her illness, I keep trying to be positive with her, which I don't think is working, so what will it need for her to not be terrified, 100% all clear I suppose, but when will that happen if ever and will things ever be normal again, whatever that is.

BUT

Spot on 1st paragraph, so bloody true.

I think it may be worth just fixing this thread under the Dare heading for a while after football returns....I guess things move up and down the main menus depending on the number of posts per day but we are a fairly small group on here so it would be interesting to see if many of the ( hopefully) returning posters would be interested in joining in....I love the banter on here and the support we give each other whereas once the footie starts I’m sure there will be substantial differences of opinion shall we say and it s really useful to have this thread to bring us all back together and remind ourselves that there is more to life than football.

On another note, at the end of last year I bought a big tele and had it installed on a wall...the installation guys were great but told me that it would be simple to add more cables later as although the mounting bracket didn’t swivel it would pull out enough from the wall to allow me to add cables....so this week I ordered a soundbar which ideally would use an HDMI cable to attach to the tv but found that in fact it’s probably true that the tv can be pulled slightly away from the wall but not enough to do anything with new cables....now got to find someone to come and take it off the wall just to fit new cables....I can’t tell you how pleased I am....still, a minor problem given everything else that’s going on....but a bloody nuisance none the less.

I think it may be worth just fixing this thread under the Dare heading for a while after football returns....I guess things move up and down the main menus depending on the number of posts per day but we are a fairly small group on here so it would be interesting to see if many of the ( hopefully) returning posters would be interested in joining in....I love the banter on here and the support we give each other whereas once the footie starts I’m sure there will be substantial differences of opinion shall we say and it s really useful to have this thread to bring us all back together and remind ourselves that there is more to life than football.
Agree entirely Harry.

Greavesie, it's like a new year's wish....will last a few days/weeks. During the easing of the lockdown I have already witnessed the bolded issues, all rife, awaiting pubs to re-open so that they can take it to the next level.

Greavesie, it's like a new year's wish....will last a few days/weeks. During the easing of the lockdown I have already witnessed the bolded issues, all rife, awaiting pubs to re-open so that they can take it to the next level.
The main benefit of lockdown was to keep all idiot teenagers off the streets...now they are back with a vengeance, like a virus really.

I've been doing some pondering about here; the off-topic stuff we've been doing may well have helped 'save' the site as advertisers can still see a vibrant and persistent audience, so that's a plus.

Like you, it will be great to get this back to all things Spurs and Football in the main area, but if any of you have idea's on how to re-structure/promote the 'off subject' stuff (perhaps links from a to dare to do thread?) or any other idea you have, I'd love to hear them..

I've had one idea which may or may not work, which is to (in turn) give posters a 'blog' thread that in turn is purely there for a week - where they blog about anything they fancy, where they control it i.e. allow responses or not etc?

There has been some interesting discussion during this lockdown and it's been refreshing. Some insight into our lives and sharing of experiences. The Off Topic section was always a bit quiet with the bias being football related threads receiving most posts. It seems a fair few of us want to talk about subjects outside of football.
There are some subjects that may appeal more than others like Science and Enviroment, Politics, Business and the Economy,Hobbies inc Gardening and DIY. Film TV and Music, Travel . No doubt Brexit will be re-ignited once changes become apparent.

On another note, at the end of last year I bought a big tele and had it installed on a wall...the installation guys were great but told me that it would be simple to add more cables later as although the mounting bracket didn’t swivel it would pull out enough from the wall to allow me to add cables....so this week I ordered a soundbar which ideally would use an HDMI cable to attach to the tv but found that in fact it’s probably true that the tv can be pulled slightly away from the wall but not enough to do anything with new cables....now got to find someone to come and take it off the wall just to fit new cables....I can’t tell you how pleased I am....still, a minor problem given everything else that’s going on....but a bloody nuisance none the less.
Harry, not sure if you are saying there is just not enough room to get your hand behind the TV to attach the cable or that the cable has a straight connector that requires more depth. If latter, then you can get 90 degrees adaptors.

Last edited:
I was lucky as when I installed a smart TV onto a wall I gouged a channel into the plaster and ran the the power and fibre cables into the cavity in a flexible hose and replastered and ran it to a connect box which sits under a coffee table away from the TV and near to the power plugs. No visible wires So recently when I bought a sound bar all I needed to do was to connect the fibre cable from the sound bar to the connect box...job done! Wife initially not pleased cos of the dust etc when drilling into wall...but so simple now to add things/gismoes.

I take it , it won’t work via Bluetooth ? . Do you actually need to get someone in to lift the tv ? It should be easy to lift off of the bracket . Unless of course it’s a really big tele .
CS is right , you can get connectors that are set at 90* and should help.
Any update on your broken window ?

The main benefit of lockdown was to keep all idiot teenagers off the streets...now they are back with a vengeance, like a virus really.
Add the fact that most are unlikely to be able to go on a holiday abroad....... so you can imagine where all the accumulated benefits and furlough payments are gonna end up!

I’ve been awake all night thinking about this .!
Do you not have a set top box ? If you have , wouldn’t the sound bar connect to that . The tv would already be connected to the set top box . I’m trying to think outside the box here !!!! Couldn’t you and a your new found garden partner do it between you . If the tele is that big and you both got on each side of it you would still be unsocially distancing ? !!!!