Brexit Day! | Page 105 | Vital Football

Brexit Day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which of those run flagship News and Current Affairs programmes at the BBC like Marr, Neil, Pedley who is the producer of Newsnight and shared right wing stuff on her account and had to remove her self from twitter and facebook because of the shit she was getting for sharing stuff from the EDL etc and has also been caught numerous times allowing plants to be put on the show? Never mind the fact that she allowed Farage to be on more times than anyone else and not by a small margin

But yeah you keep thinking it's impartial
I will. I leave the conspiracy theories and persecution complex to you.

I will. I leave the conspiracy theories and persecution complex to you.

So nothing to back up what you said

Where as I have on many occasions

I could actually probably find bits and pieces to back you up

But the overwhelming evidence is in my favour and always will be in regard to BBC News and Current Affairs programmes

The below is not even scratching the surface and I guess they all must wear tinfoil hats too?

https://www.culturematters.org.uk/i.../2947-culture-punch-the-bbc-s-right-wing-bias

https://www.independent.co.uk/voice...ay-laura-keunssberg-andrew-marr-a7844826.html

https://www.jacobinmag.com/2019/12/bbc-media-bias-boris-johnson-uk

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2019/dec/05/the-bbc-cannot-dodge-accusations-of-tory-bias

I could bring more to the table but whats the point after you just get called crazy and now saying i've got a persecution complex

It's a time honoured way of trying to shut down someones opinions when they are accurate to the point where other people don't like it

"There are none so blind as those who will not see"

Last edited:
They are signed, but as we know not enacted. They may never be.
Actually in the case of the second biggest deal, that will never be enacted, and as it actually expired when the no deal in April 2019 didn’t happen.
As we agree, it is disingenuous to leave that on a Government document post that date.

But you are right, it was signed.

So that’s 8% of the U.K. trade under agreement.....only 92% to go.

I would have asked if you saw this coming when you voted leave, but as you voted remain, I guess not.

It is only 8%, but it's not over yet.
Let's see what happens after the end of this month, I'd guess that many are waiting to see if there is an extension to the regulatory alignment; which of course there won't be.
There are also, in the opinion of many, far more important things cracking off at the moment too.

They are signed, but as we know not enacted. They may never be.
Actually in the case of the second biggest deal, that will never be enacted, and as it actually expired when the no deal in April 2019 didn’t happen.
As we agree, it is disingenuous to leave that on a Government document post that date.

But you are right, it was signed.

So that’s 8% of the U.K. trade under agreement.....only 92% to go.

I would have asked if you saw this coming when you voted leave, but as you voted remain, I guess not.

'The UK and Japan have agreed to negotiate a new bilateral agreement using the existing EU agreement as a base, looking for opportunities to enhance areas of mutual interest.'

Just your general gaslighting. I want to know where you stand. Your answer?

Who am I trying to manipulate? I have no desire to force my views on anybody. I'm just expressing my own; if anything asking me a leading question like you have is a very good example of a gaslight.

Who am I trying to manipulate? I have no desire to force my views on anybody. I'm just expressing my own; if anything asking me a leading question like you have is a very good example of a gaslight.
So, what do you think about those two questions?

'The UK and Japan have agreed to negotiate a new bilateral agreement using the existing EU agreement as a base, looking for opportunities to enhance areas of mutual interest.'

So no deal, just an agreement to discuss one.
We have agreed to discuss deals with many countries, have signed a few, ( see I relent you are correct) although no definite date for enacting any of them is in place.
One of the signed deals is now obsolete.

The deals in place cover 8% of U.K. trade.....I wonder if that figure includes the already defunct Norway Iceland deal? Surely not that was worth about 30% of the trade deals value. The Government wouldn’t manipulate information would they?

Which comes right back to the point of the original post, the U.K. negotiating position is weak....and the closer it gets to the 31st December 2020, the weaker it becomes.
It’s even worse if we walk away from the EU negotiations in a little over 4 weeks.

This is not what Leave promised.....Easiest deal in history.
Mind you Turkey hasn’t joined the EU either.

Accountability must surely come one day.

So no deal, just an agreement to discuss one.
We have agreed to discuss deals with many countries, have signed a few, ( see I relent you are correct) although no definite date for enacting any of them is in place.
One of the signed deals is now obsolete.

The deals in place cover 8% of U.K. trade.....I wonder if that figure includes the already defunct Norway Iceland deal? Surely not that was worth about 30% of the trade deals value. The Government wouldn’t manipulate information would they?

Which comes right back to the point of the original post, the U.K. negotiating position is weak....and the closer it gets to the 31st December 2020, the weaker it becomes.
It’s even worse if we walk away from the EU negotiations in a little over 4 weeks.

This is not what Leave promised.....Easiest deal in history.
Mind you Turkey hasn’t joined the EU either.

Accountability must surely come one day.

Remain promised a recession and mass unemployment. I'm not demanding they apologise for those incorrect predictions.

early days yet. The recession is pretty much certain isn't it? Perhaps made worse by COVID?

In May 2016, Mark Carney, said: “we would expect a “material slowing in growth, a notable rise in inflation, a challenging trade-off” in the case of a Brexit vote. He added, “of course there’s a range of possible scenarios around those directions, which could possibly include a technical recession”.

In the same month, the Treasury said: “Britain’s economy would be tipped into a year-long recession, with at least 500,000 jobs lost and GDP around 3.6% lower, following a vote to leave the EU, new Treasury analysis launched today by the Prime Minister and Chancellor shows.”

Didn't happen did it.

Remain promised a recession and mass unemployment. I'm not demanding they apologise for those incorrect predictions.

And you still voted for Remain....

We are only on the first phase of leaving at the moment.
Let’s wait until we are fully on our own before discounting mass unemployment and recession.

Any news on when Turkey is joining the EU?

Let’s wait until we are fully on our own before discounting mass unemployment and recession.

We can, but it was promised within two years and employment actually went up to almost record levels.

In May 2016, Mark Carney, said: “we would expect a “material slowing in growth, a notable rise in inflation, a challenging trade-off” in the case of a Brexit vote. He added, “of course there’s a range of possible scenarios around those directions, which could possibly include a technical recession”.

In the same month, the Treasury said: “Britain’s economy would be tipped into a year-long recession, with at least 500,000 jobs lost and GDP around 3.6% lower, following a vote to leave the EU, new Treasury analysis launched today by the Prime Minister and Chancellor shows.”

Didn't happen did it.
Maybe it didn't happen because of the actions of those very people you are criticising?
The bank cut interest rates, cut demands on the banks and increased liquidity. How many jobs did that save?
Even despite those actions, growth did slow and inflation did rise. As for the treasury forecast, the prime minister resigned immediately and the chancellor soon after. That dozy twonk Cameron had said that he would enact article 50 straight away and the analysis was presumable working on that basis - thank god he didn't.

If you want to soar like an eagle, don't surround yourself with turkeys.

Status
Not open for further replies.