Coronavirus issues | Page 18 | Vital Football

Coronavirus issues

To quote our hapless, not to say utterly useless PM - let's get the FA Cup and the CL DONE.

Liverpool will (deservedly) be awarded the title in an empty stadium, not even at Anfield and a fortnight or so later it will be forgotten as we all start off again, sat watching two metres apart in sun splashed beer gardens, Foden on the berti, Sane in the stands, alone...

To quote our hapless, not to say utterly useless PM - let's get the FA Cup and the CL DONE.

Liverpool will (deservedly) be awarded the title in an empty stadium, not even at Anfield and a fortnight or so later it will be forgotten as we all start off again, sat watching two metres apart in sun splashed beer gardens, Foden on the berti, Sane in the stands, alone...

Can't see the CL going ahead, teams crossing borders and all that entails, there again I didn't think the PL would but here we are.

Rugby league, the game they don't play in Heaven kicked off yesterday in Australia, so that is a start to getting sport back down under. If Liverpool do take out this years title, it will be based on incredible luck, but runners up for us is still pretty dam good. As for the CL I think it wont happen because of border issues.

By the way, BD, how in God’s name did you get your hair cut?
Is the long-suffering Mrs. BD a hairdresser, perchance?
🤣

By the way, BD, how in God’s name did you get your hair cut?
Is the long-suffering Mrs. BD a hairdresser, perchance?
🤣

I do it myself, have done for over 20 years, pandemic lockdown ready, fail to prepare.. 😂

Mrs. BD puts the finishing touches on it.

Two of our fixtures set for neutral venues

Premier League: Liverpool could seal title at neutral venue with six fixtures set to move https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52846694

Some reasoning would be nice. I understand why Liverpool's games are there, fear of fans congregating to celebrate title but can't understand why that logic applies only to their away games.

Why our fixture with Newcastle though? And why Man United v Sheff Utd?

I read reports yesterday suggesting the Etihad as the neutral venue for the Merseyside Derby because they wouldn't congregate there, I guess :shrug:

If they are going to use neutral venues and want to stop fans from travelling/congregating then why not use grounds as far away as possible - and not necessarily PL grounds - Plymouth and Exeter for instance. All they require is a correctly proportioned pitch, a gantry for a camera and a burger van for Allan Jones to get his half time pie.