Coronavirus issues | Page 19 | Vital Football

Coronavirus issues

Some reasoning would be nice. I understand why Liverpool's games are there, fear of fans congregating to celebrate title but can't understand why that logic applies only to their away games.

Why our fixture with Newcastle though? And why Man United v Sheff Utd?

I read reports yesterday suggesting the Etihad as the neutral venue for the Merseyside Derby because they wouldn't congregate there, I guess :shrug:

The Newcastle one puzzled me for sure.

The comments of a dipper fan from one of their supporter groups on the radio this morning had me in stiches as she bemoaned "where do they get this idea that Liverpool fans can't behave themselves".........

.......err, check out the footage from outside Clanfield when they attacked our team bus!!! FFS.

Oh and their idea that Merseyside 'Police' had no objection to the games being played at home made me chuckle. Of course not.....🙄

Wherever their team goes I expect their fans to be not far behind, howling with entitled rage like a pack of she dogs. I'm sure there are decent Liverpool fans but as a collective they make me want to heave down the front of my Cityzen pyjamas.

At least once they have the title, won in front of a steward and his hi viz jacket, and celebrated for two weeks then the new season will be upon us and the old order be resumed. Unless they buy Koubilay in which case the there will only be one PL winner for the next 2/3 years.

Stupid as sh*t if you ask me. Something "might" happen? :rolleyes:

Are neutral venues announced in advance or do we only get to know by the host clubs initials printed large on upturned seats opposite?

I think all games should be played on park pitches, no one would expect it and the players parents could stand on the touchline and slag off the ref. Maybe one of the dads/coaches could deputise for a linesman like they do in real life!

Jumpers for goalposts...

The free to air game schedule:-

Wednesday, 17 June: Aston Villa v Sheffield United (18:00), Sky Sports. Manchester City v Arsenal (20:15), Sky Sports.

Friday, 19 June: Norwich v Southampton (18:00), Sky Sports and Pick. Tottenham v Manchester United (20:15), Sky Sports.

Saturday, 20 June: Watford v Leicester City (12:30), BT Sport. Brighton v Arsenal (15:00), BT Sport. West Ham v Wolves (17:30), Sky Sports. Bournemouth v Crystal Palace (19:45), BBC.

Sunday, 21 June: Newcastle v Sheffield United (14:00), Sky Sports and Pick. Aston Villa v Chelsea (16:15), Sky Sports. Everton v Liverpool (19:00), Sky Sports and Pick.

Monday, 22 June: Manchester City v Burnley (20:00), Sky Sports.

Tuesday, 23 June: Leicester v Brighton (18:00), Sky Sports. Tottenham v West Ham (20:15), Sky Sports.

Wednesday, 24 June: Manchester United v Sheffield United (18:00), Sky Sports and Pick. Newcastle v Aston Villa (18:00), BT Sport. Norwich v Everton (18:00), BBC. Wolves v Bournemouth (18:00), BT Sport. Liverpool v Crystal Palace (20:15), Sky Sports.

Thursday, 25 June: Burnley v Watford (18:00), Sky Sports and Pick. Southampton v Arsenal (18:00), Sky Sports. Chelsea v Manchester (20:15), BT Sport.

Saturday, 27 June: Aston Villa v Wolves (12:30), BT Sport.

Sunday, 28 June: Watford v Southampton (16:30), Sky Sports and Pick.

Monday, 29 June: Crystal Palace v Burnley (20:00), Amazon Prime.

Tuesday, 30 June: Brighton v Manchester United (20:15), Sky Sports and Pick.

Wednesday, 1 July: Bournemouth v Newcastle (18:00), Sky Sports and Pick. Arsenal v Norwich (18:00), BT Sport. Everton v Leicester (18:00), Sky Sports. West Ham v Chelsea (20:15), Sky Sports.

Thursday, 2 July: Sheffield United v Tottenham (18:00), Sky Sports. Manchester City v Liverpool (20:15), Sky Sports.

The bad news..........City denied the WSL title as it is decided on a points per game basis.

The good news.................Liverpool have been relegated despite their whining about the process :rofl:

Chelsea named Women's Super League champions, Liverpool relegated https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52907395

Chelsea only a point behind with a game in hand so sounds fair enough. Liverpool Ladies no doubt where they are on merit.

So much overlap on this issue this could go in several threads....

You really couldn't make this up. Just as we are locked in an existential fight to the death over our owners spending, here they go and WTF?

You can just see it now - we get thrown out of European competition just as the governing body which effectively banned City for breaching these rules......loosens them. Surreal.

UEFA suspends FFP.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...end-financial-fair-play-rules-due-to-pandemic

So..........quartile measures have been reimposed on anyone travelling from Spain to the UK after a surge in coronavirus cases.

Implications for City’s second leg v Real Madrid scheduled for 7th August at the Etihad?

Coronavirus: UK brings back 14-day quarantine for Spain https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53540691

If only they'd flown in yesterday then they would have been ok for the 7th. Perhaps UEFA will scratch the fixture and award it to RM. Looking forward to Portugal falling foul of quarantine laws in time for the micro tournament.