The Official Dean Smith Thread | Page 208 | Vital Football

The Official Dean Smith Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we are in our current position because of individual errors, absolute howlers that no manager could have prepared for. Must have given up 5 or more points which would have us comfortably above the relegation zone. Can also point to Mr Friend for another point.

I think we are in our current position because of individual errors, absolute howlers that no manager could have prepared for. Must have given up 5 or more points which would have us comfortably above the relegation zone. Can also point to Mr Friend for another point.

There have been some (errors). But it happens. Most of them, like Jack getting caught with the ball, I can forgive and move on. It's only things like Reina's howlers I can't forgive. We've benefitted from other team's errors. Maybe VAR/referee errors have cost us more.

What worries me is tendency of our midfield to fold, maybe more now than earlier in the season. There's a lack of confidence. Maybe DS has a lack of confidence and it feeds through to the players. Bottom line of good management is getting the best out of what you've got, not thinking about what you haven't got.

To be blunt I don't see how this is any different from the old boys club in the Bruce days, regarding Purslow and company it seems like another ground hog day. If Smith is to succeed it has to be without the current setup. I tend to think the only reason Purslow and such were hired is because they were the only clowns with "experience" in the premier league available at the time and were knee jerk acquisitions.

I see Poch is saying he’d be interested in moving to a club who aren’t in the top 6. It might seem like a long shot but we’ve got nothing to lose by approaching him and there’s no compensation involved. Thanks for getting us promoted Deano but I’d be going all out to get him on board

Mmm is that a come-on to Newcastle?

I see Poch is saying he’d be interested in moving to a club who aren’t in the top 6. It might seem like a long shot but we’ve got nothing to lose by approaching him and there’s no compensation involved. Thanks for getting us promoted Deano but I’d be going all out to get him on board
In theory yes but can't see the owners shelling out on him and the compo to smith

Any links, would love to see that report. Be great to see us show some ambition in a decent manager for once. We seldom have over the years and we've seldom had success.

Search Results
Web results
Pochettino open to manage Premier League club outside top six
www.newsbytesapp.com › Sports

5 hours ago - Pochettino ready to consider a move outside the top six. Pochettino ready ... Today you cannot underestimate any club, says Poch. Today you ...
Mauricio Pochettino: Former Tottenham boss remains open to ...
www.skysports.com › football › news › mauricio-pochettino-former-t..

If we're still in the Premier league then I'd probably say thanks and goodbye to Smith. A premier league club with rich owners, brilliant facilities, brilliant stadium, large fan base and a squad with some talented but inexperienced players should be enough of a hook for a top manager.

I'd also like the idea of Andre Villas Boas, currently managing Marseille and doing very nicely.

They are strapped for cash, likely to have to sell their best players, why not allow their manager to leave - a la Nigel Clough.

I'd also like the idea of Andre Villas Boas, currently managing Marseille and doing very nicely.

They are strapped for cash, likely to have to sell their best players, why not allow their manager to leave - a la Nigel Clough.

He said last week that he would never manage in England again.

Status
Not open for further replies.