Face masks - yes or no? | Page 2 | Vital Football

Face masks - yes or no?

Most of the confusion about the should you/ shouldn't you wear masks came originally from the WHO. The government also appeared a bit vague and that was probably due to panic that the general public would buy up all the stock and further deplete what was available for front line carers.
For me the fact that hospital theatre staff, doctors, dentists and even vets have, for decades, worn a protective mask is evidence enough that it is better than not wearing one when you are going to be in close proximity to others.

A care home owner was on south west news last night literally bleating on about Ppe and how she felt they were not being supported.
She then showed her stores and they had stacks of it.
She had 600 masks but said she was terrified for when they ran out.
She only had 32 residents, none of whom had contracted covid.
Mrs and I said simultaneously, if Mum was in that home we would move her.
The owner was a hysterical nutter.

A care home owner was on south west news last night literally bleating on about Ppe and how she felt they were not being supported.
She then showed her stores and they had stacks of it.
She had 600 masks but said she was terrified for when they ran out.
She only had 32 residents, none of whom had contracted covid.
Mrs and I said simultaneously, if Mum was in that home we would move her.
The owner was a hysterical nutter.
You need to watch it again and think why she's upset.

Thanks for your advice, but I don’t actually. Once is enough.
She’s supposed to be a professional.

Elena told me she is happy for me to wear a face mask then she can imagine I'm Brad Pitt.

While the public is generally supportive of the lockdown everyone is champing at the bit for relaxations. It's a natural question to ask. What Starmer is asking for is a conditional programme but I guess that would depend on testing far more people etc etc.
Problem with Starmer banging on about exit strategies is that some of ours just surely be based on results of countries ahead of us in the pandemic? Its OK having a plan but it will change regularly based upon how that plan has/hasn't worked in those countries. To come out with one now and expect to stick to it is irresponsible to say the least.

Problem with Starmer banging on about exit strategies is that some of ours just surely be based on results of countries ahead of us in the pandemic? Its OK having a plan but it will change regularly based upon how that plan has/hasn't worked in those countries. To come out with one now and expect to stick to it is irresponsible to say the least.
That's not what Starmer is requesting. He is asking for a plan with stated conditions to be satisfied for it to happen. Of course any plan will change that's bleeding obvious but, if people know more precisely what they can/can't do as restrictions are lifted, then they may more readily accept a continuation of restrictions.

Look what happens at an airport or railway station when your travel is disrupted. In many ways, the worst thing is lack of meaningful information, ie lack of communication.

But you choose to consider that Starmer is banging on about it instead of trying to understand the point. I think even Boris is aware that communication is important and has been lacking in the past weeks. There are two things I would ask of Boris in addition to Starmer's request: (1) why won't you announce total coronavirus deaths even if ONS data is lagging behind and (2) what is the make up of the SAGE team?

Last edited:
I wouldnt wear one or want to wear one! Find the people who wear them in supermarkets hilarious! They have their mask on then cant find something, so unhook their mask to speak on their germ covered mobile, then touch their mask again to put it back on!

Gloves is the funniest ones for me. I see hundreds of people a day wearing plastic gloves but act as if they're used to stop their hands absorbing the virus. They then proceed to touch everything as normal; phones, wallets, glasses, even cigarettes - which I very highly doubt are all be disinfected after.

Totally pointless using them if they don't understand the purpose

The gov will have been in war gaming this for a long time with people flat out building up the scenarios.
They would be stupid to mention any of it to the press as that will just cause a distraction discussing things that may not happen and many will take it to mean their lockdown can be ‘eased’.

Today’s press conference. Not only the dicks from the press but this is now a cheap tv show by adding questions from ‘the people’.
More chance for an answer to be misunderstood and twisted. The governments job is to lead so just ‘get on with it’, stop making it a f popularity exercise.

Last edited:
That's not what starter is requesting. He is asking for a plan with stated conditions to be satisfied for it to happen. Of course any plan will change that's bleeding obvious but, if people know more precisely what they can/can't do as restrictions are lifted, then they may more readily accept a continuation of restrictions.

Look what happens at an airport or railway station when your travel is disrupted. In many ways, the worst thing is lack of meaningful information, ie lack of communication.

But you choose to consider that Starmer is banging on about it instead of trying to understand the point. I think even Boris is aware that communication is important and has been lacking in the past weeks. There are two things I would ask of Boris in addition to Starmer's request: (1) why won't you announce total coronavirus deaths even if ONS data is lagging behind and (2) what is the make up of the SAGE team?
Well thanks for the condescension, I do fully understand the point but at the same time have seen numerous quotes and interviews with Starmer where he states the government need to set out a clear exit strategy.
I love the fact that you consistently insist that things I have seen and heard with my own eyes and ears are just "what I choose to believe " even when I have, on numerous occasions posted links to evidence my statements.
You don't seem to be able to have an adult discussion without either verbally looking down your nose at others or just calling them a f***ing twat. Its wearing very thin.

The gov will have been in war gaming this for a long time with people flat out building up the scenarios.
They would be stupid to mention any of it to the press as that will just cause a distraction discussing things that may not happen and many will take it to mean their lockdown can be ‘eased’.

Today’s press conference. Not only the dicks from the press but this is now a cheap tv show by adding questions from ‘the people’.
More chance for an answer to be misunderstood and twisted. The governments job is to lead so just ‘get on with it’, stop making it a f popularity exercise.
Sad. Not one question has been answered at the daily bulletins and the vast majority of questions are reasonable and, yes, some may appear crass but they have to suit all opinions

Sad. Not one question has been answered at the daily bulletins and the vast majority of questions are reasonable and, yes, some may appear crass but they have to suit all opinions

Its back to that old subject of ‘does the daily meeting have any purpose if nothing can be added’. For me, the reason to have it is to keep the momentum and concentration going.