Face masks - yes or no? | Page 4 | Vital Football

Face masks - yes or no?

Back to the OP I wouldn't want to wear one. Hate wearing them for short DIY jobs, very uncomfortable.

My mrs. is German so our family WhatsApp group was full of their home made masks yesterday. An hour later I could hear the sewing machine so I am now very afraid !

I think its a case of every little helps and if it helps the spread from a contagious person then no bad thing.

We can do the lessons learnt later but at the moment some countries have done better than others in terms of deaths.

I guess the next thing is which countries rebuild their economies the quickest.

This morning at London Bridge, I did a quick head count of people wearing face masks, I would say it was between 20%-30% (I know this is a wide variation, but it was quite difficult to evaluate). However, people who looked like they might be working at Guys or The London hospital (NHS lanyards, young etc) tended NOT to be wearing them, whereas some builders and older people do.

One of the blokes I work with, wears the full face plastic visor, face mask and gloves, but still elbow pumps:shrug: .

As London Underground are not providing anything except hand gel, I don't bother. Should they become compulsory, I will of course comply.

Nice to see still no clear government guidance on this - surely last night would have been right for Johnson to have given us an idea would it not? Perhaps he was still waiting for Tarian's advice?

I have been wearing one while food shopping but didn’t for the first time yesterday.
I went to Tesco for the big shop.
While looking for a card for my brother, I was aware of someone right on my shoulder.
On turning, there was a woman standing inches away.
I looked at her and said politely, please stand back, I may have the virus.
Eff me, you didn’t see her for dust.
Hopefully a subtle lesson learnt.

I think I will go back to the masks 😷

There are medical masks [should be reserved for the professionals]. Any other face coverings become useless when wet, ie damp from breath, and should be washed and changed. As Shotshy pointed out, he has behaved responsibly but then was 'abused' by an inconsiderate shopper. Will wearing face coverings make people drop their guard? Stay Alert!

As Shotshy pointed out, he has behaved responsibly but then was 'abused' by an inconsiderate shopper.
Someone standing near to someone else is now 'abuse'.

If 2 people stand near each other will that give them coronavirus? Or would one of them need to have it first? Can the virus "jump" from one person to another?

I don't really understand what is going on. But we've got months and months of this ahead

See if they supply me anything suitable at work. Only a couple of the staff I work with are currently wearing masks (purchased by them). The ones supplied by TfL (if worn incorrectly) would not hide a wet fart (if you know what I mean). Have to see what they come up with.

Bearing in mind that social distancing on the escalators, in the areas by gates and on trains will be impossible, I have my reservations. We have been trying to impose a one way system at London Bridge (to reduce contact between passengers), which has been difficult (impossible) to enforce even with the minimum of customers travelling. What it will be like on the 15th June, I shudder to think. This will not be a problem just for London, as most of the commuters here will be going home to Kent. I also have no idea (at present) on how we are meant to prevent customers travelling without masks.:shrug:

I’ve worn one when in the supermarket since day one.
I couldn’t buy the argument that they made the situation worse, as we were told.
That’s just illogical.
Very few people at the demo wore one.
There was a black lives matter demo in Barnstaple today, very few masks.

With our lax lockdown rules maybe wearing a mask should have been compulsory, although that is inconsistent with the rules, as policed. A mask we're told is unlikely to prevent you from getting the virus but it will protect others in case you (say) inadvertently cough or sneeze. By the same token, if someone else is wearing a mask then you are similarly protected. A good idea to make mask wearing compulsory for all.

Yet another 180 from the government and their experts.

I was reading yesterday that they are now saying they think Ibuprofen could be could against Covid
Last month it was don't take Ibuprofen.

Don't take it?
Take it?
Don't wear masks?
Wear masks?
Don't do it?
Do it?

We can only come to the conclusion that they haven't got a bloody clue what they are doing and are making it up as they go along.

As I keep saying(you are probably all getting a little pissed off with it by now) but a bunch of f****** shyster's, self serving incompetents and charlatans. Yet some still want to give them a chance (unfortunately, I do not know if would be any better, but I doubt if they could be any worse). :shake:

Did you hear Shapps (Cummings did not move away from home when up North) this morning on TV trying to defend face marks. Embarrassing if nothing else.

Yet another 180 from the government and their experts.

I was reading yesterday that they are now saying they think Ibuprofen could be could against Covid
Last month it was don't take Ibuprofen.

Don't take it?
Take it?
Don't wear masks?
Wear masks?
Don't do it?
Do it?

We can only come to the conclusion that they haven't got a bloody clue what they are doing and are making it up as they go along.

I think this govt are an utter shambles however I wouldn’t be pointing the finger regarding masks or ibuprofen - the effects of using both of these is still to an extent an unknown and the picture is only now becoming clearer (or so we think).

There’s so much to blame these shysters for - let’s not dilute that with unfair criticism.

See if they supply me anything suitable at work. Only a couple of the staff I work with are currently wearing masks (purchased by them). The ones supplied by TfL (if worn incorrectly) would not hide a wet fart (if you know what I mean). Have to see what they come up with.

Bearing in mind that social distancing on the escalators, in the areas by gates and on trains will be impossible, I have my reservations. We have been trying to impose a one way system at London Bridge (to reduce contact between passengers), which has been difficult (impossible) to enforce even with the minimum of customers travelling. What it will be like on the 15th June, I shudder to think. This will not be a problem just for London, as most of the commuters here will be going home to Kent. I also have no idea (at present) on how we are meant to prevent customers travelling without masks.:shrug:

Creating a safer environment in the Underground system is going to be a steep challenge, good luck with that ! I hope TFL ups its game and supplies public facing staff with better quality masks. I`d avoid the tube system at all costs, but there are many who will still need to rely, daily, on TFL. No simple solutions, i guess.