So, whadda we gonna moan abart? | Page 21 | Vital Football

So, whadda we gonna moan abart?

Would that be gas meters or electric meters Hampton?

As for Diane, well, (as a helpful indication), Richard Osman has declared that he's two metres tall, ...,. and Diane's now kidnapped him, so she can take him everywhere.

PS: Sorry .... Had to be done. 😉

Bet you he doesn't get it.

I can see where you're coming from, folk also need to accept just a little personal responsibility.

There have been some absolute bell-ends on show - hoarding, stripping shelves, packing out shops, swarming all over the place, refusing to stop going to gyms/pubs, etc, etc.

The problem is that Johnson himself didn't believe the warnings in the early days (still shaking hands etc). Now, he's trying to act as a mate rather than an authoritative figure.

On the other hand, though he started off as a complete tool, Hancock is gradually getting (slightly) more impressive on a daily basis.

So long as they keep Raab out of the way!

Fully agree people need to accept personal responsibility. Sadly there are many in this country who won’t. It’s difficult and I can see both sides of the authoritative approach or that of consent argument. I thinking stepping up is the right option and as the approach asking for common sense and showing consideration to others hasn’t had the desired effect then enforcement is now needed. Folk need to realise this isn’t just a UK approach and they wouldn’t be shutting down the country without good reason.

Fully agree people need to accept personal responsibility. Sadly there are many in this country who won’t. It’s difficult and I can see both sides of the authoritative approach or that of consent argument. I thinking stepping up is the right option and as the approach asking for common sense and showing consideration to others hasn’t had the desired effect then enforcement is now needed. Folk need to realise this isn’t just a UK approach and they wouldn’t be shutting down the country without good reason.
Yep. To clarify, I wasn't blaming Johnson or the government for the approach they've taken ............. just Johnson's propensity to dilute the message by his own actions. Not bollocking his Dad for saying he would still go to the Pub for example.

As an aside, I see the press are reporting that Johnson Snr is after a French passport, which, to be fair isn't unreasonable given that his Mother was French, and he voted for Remain in the referendum.

Satire is buggered in this country, as it'll never compete with real life!

Modern day slavery is rampant. Labour is undervalued and exploited, because of global population growth....need to be adjustments made i.e. profit maximization should not be the key determinant of resource allocation.
Unfortunately, your postulation is flawed. The fundamental target for any business is to maximise profit to provide future growth, employment, security etc. In our 'western' world; that's how it's been, how it is now and how it will continue. The facts are; most businesses were started by individuals and their motivation was ultimately; self profit, a better life for themselves and families. To provide 'decent' employment and bettering other humans existence comes later. In this country there are over 400,000 businesses. Some are great employers others, not so good and we all know them. To the ideoligist it's a flawed and imperfect system but that's where we are. The alternative is a command econmy - were everybody is employed in a crap job with crap pay with no incentive for self impovement... anyone for Venezuela?

He may have, but looking at the crap you are posting demonising migrants you certainly seem to have swallowed the right wing one.
Also what maybe crap to you and your ilk is daily reality for "the many not the few" - see i can do irony .......🤫

Interesting to see that in the US democrats are stopping the support package passing.
Incredible that polical points scoring remains rampant - no fan of Trump but in this case the people should come first - not even Jez would have been dumb enough to stand in the way of an emergency package.

Anyone like to support their actions or should it be universally condemned?

Interesting to see that in the US democrats are stopping the support package passing.
Incredible that polical points scoring remains rampant - no fan of Trump but in this case the people should come first - not even Jez would have been dumb enough to stand in the way of an emergency package.

Anyone like to support their actions or should it be universally condemned?

Absolutely, I'll support it. They're actually doing nothing of the sort. They proposed a package that would have looked after individuals and small organisations, However, the Republicans added in a load of stuff for much larger organisations, and protecting those at the top of the tree. The Democrats want it stripping out.

Let's face it, even Trump wouldn't say the other day that on no account would his organisation refuse any handouts. Apparently, he's already laid staff of at Mar a Lago. He's Tim Martin and Richard Branson on steroids.

Trump and McConnell etc are looking after themselves and their mates. They don't give a stuff about "the Amerrykin people".

Tracey Crouch
(@tracey_crouch)
6 ambulances had their tyres punctured last night. I know MPs are supposed to be polite etc but whoever did this is an utter scroat. Just what goes through the mind of someone who does this, nevermind during a pandemic? Thanks to the team for getting them back on the road ASAP.

Well said Tracey Crouch. If they identify these scumbags then they should be locked up indefinitely until this crisis is over to ensure they can’t do so again and put on a no treatment list.

Unfortunately, your postulation is flawed. The fundamental target for any business is to maximise profit to provide future growth, employment, security etc. In our 'western' world; that's how it's been, how it is now and how it will continue. The facts are; most businesses were started by individuals and their motivation was ultimately; self profit, a better life for themselves and families. To provide 'decent' employment and bettering other humans existence comes later. In this country there are over 400,000 businesses. Some are great employers others, not so good and we all know them. To the ideoligist it's a flawed and imperfect system but that's where we are. The alternative is a command econmy - were everybody is employed in a crap job with crap pay with no incentive for self impovement... anyone for Venezuela?

The problem with your kind of capitalism is that it leads to resources being misallocated......rampant inequality and inefficiency result. For example, a health service that is based around profit maximization leads to a system like the U.S. where your chances of surviving illness are greatly reduced if you happen to be poor. An education system based on profit leads to life chances being massively increased if you can afford to send your kids to Eton or Harrow rather than the local comp....or not at all. The behaviour of human beings changes if greed is allowed to take control as under capitalism. Capitalism almost destroyed itself in 2007/2008, but was rescued by the command economy with the nationalisation of private sector banks. The inefficiencies of the profit-seeking system that controls us has been made clear by the current crisis.

Profit, if controlled by the State, can provide incentives for business activity, but it must not be allowed to exploit people. Theoretically, the main purpose of any economy is to improve the living standards and well being of everybody, not just 1% of the population!

Self isolating with Michael - the mind shudders.
In other news how is Diane going to manage working out how much 2 meters are ?🤣
Excellent patriotic point my friend.
We should be using imperial measures as advocated by Mark ne Francois pas.
Very clever how you misspell metre

Absolutely, I'll support it. They're actually doing nothing of the sort. They proposed a package that would have looked after individuals and small organisations, However, the Republicans added in a load of stuff for much larger organisations, and protecting those at the top of the tree. The Democrats want it stripping out.

Let's face it, even Trump wouldn't say the other day that on no account would his organisation refuse any handouts. Apparently, he's already laid staff of at Mar a Lago. He's Tim Martin and Richard Branson on steroids.

Trump and McConnell etc are looking after themselves and their mates. They don't give a stuff about "the Amerrykin people".
🎣 way too easy that Moonay 😉🤣

The problem with your kind of capitalism is that it leads to resources being misallocated......rampant inequality and inefficiency result. For example, a health service that is based around profit maximization leads to a system like the U.S. where your chances of surviving illness are greatly reduced if you happen to be poor. An education system based on profit leads to life chances being massively increased if you can afford to send your kids to Eton or Harrow rather than the local comp....or not at all. The behaviour of human beings changes if greed is allowed to take control as under capitalism. Capitalism almost destroyed itself in 2007/2008, but was rescued by the command economy with the nationalisation of private sector banks. The inefficiencies of the profit-seeking system that controls us has been made clear by the current crisis.

Profit, if controlled by the State, can provide incentives for business activity, but it must not be allowed to exploit people. Theoretically, the main purpose of any economy is to improve the living standards and well being of everybody, not just 1% of the population!

Out of interest - is this the kind of "ahem" balanced view you impart to your doe eyed impressionable students ? If so it's no wonder why the rise of disaffected little loves continues.
In my own "life" experience the harder you work relative to similar ability level folk the more successful you become.
Something for nothing isn't a thing (unless you choose to live on benefits😉)
The amount of grads who have asked me for advancement / more dosh in a business orientated work situation simply because they have some wanky degree in a non job specific subject from some third rate "new" university beggars belief.
Educators - far far removed from being "key workers" - sat at home as usual, looking down on people and tutting.😁