Coronavirus | Page 35 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

Not sure it does bring anything new? Many ages are getting the virus, just - unless anyone has evidence to the contrary, I'm open to all arguments and stats - it is the old, infirm, or people with underlying health issues dying from it. As happens with viruses, flu and pneumonia.

Saw the inflated headlines on this in The Sun as i passed the petrol station news stand .

This is exactly the thing that is unhelpful and over blown causing panic.
Of course a new born baby can contract it. They haven't got some different immune system to everyone else .It may just present differently . Likewise in older kids.

Not everyone one will present the symptoms according to the script. When a cold goes through our house I very rarely sneeze , Mrs Melon will be sneezing every 5 seconds , I often get an upset stomach when a cold goes through our house , no one else does. Just one of those individual quirky things

There will be thousands upon thousands of people walking around with this and either not knowing or passing it off as one of those minor winter colds.
I had a headache, very very mild aches, sore throat for 2 or 3 days this week. Still went to work, didnt self isolate because I didnt present with THE symptoms as per NHS advice.
Who knows maybe I had it .

I’m in Gran Canaria in a jet2 holiday really hoping that they don’t call my missus and try and take us home 😄

My mum has text saying she’s really worried about us, make sure we have enough food and medicine... fuck in hell. The news isn’t helping, we’re on basically a secluded island with a few cases and no one about to bring it in anymore.

And regarding my post above . As if by magic I am now listening to someone on 5 live who is tearing into the government for not saying that Corona can present as a mild common cold .

How the fcuk you know is impossible and unrealistic. It can't be contained. The country cannot sustain everyone being indoors for the slightest common cold.

And regarding my post above . As if by magic I am now listening to someone on 5 live who is tearing into the government for not saying that Corona can present as a mild common cold .

How the fcuk you know is impossible and unrealistic. It can't be contained. The country cannot sustain everyone being indoors for the slightest common cold.

This is my worry, or point, or rumination or whatever the fuck it is.

For one thing, people are selfish. Some are just dickheads, few up at the Kingfisher today taking a pee and not washing their hands. Personally think they are lazy dirty gits doing that anyway (and anyone walking out of a cubicle without washing, wtf!) but with all the news etc, is it that difficult for these no brain inbreds to wash their hands?

The numbers suggest 80% will get it, with a 1% chance of dying.

With Flu, fewer than 10% get it every year, and 0.1% die.

That means this is effectively 80 times more deadly.

But as above from Melon, can it really be contained? They reckon it might come in wave after wave, and that we have to build immunity to it. How many times can the world go into lockdown? Businesses will be bust, people will be out of work, Governments won't have the money to pay everyone for sick pay, unemployment etc.

It is harsh, it is horrible, but is it not, as I said earlier, nature being nature?

I am mindful of not coming over disrespectfully to those who have/will die. But I just think people are going to die from this, and other viruses, and flu and the list goes on. It is a sad fact of life.

There was something on the news last night saying self tests might well be available soon, that might help, but I still think some are too selfish to give a fuck and will continue doing whatever suits them.

As previously mentioned in this thread, the talk about herding and people building immunity is an interesting aspect. We, as a species, rely on building immunity to stay alive do we not?

There was a nurse giving out hell on Irish reddit there the other night, people taking things that would benefit them in no way or actually taking things nurses and the sick actually need.

This is my worry, or point, or rumination or whatever the fuck it is.

For one thing, people are selfish. Some are just dickheads, few up at the Kingfisher today taking a pee and not washing their hands. Personally think they are lazy dirty gits doing that anyway (and anyone walking out of a cubicle without washing, wtf!) but with all the news etc, is it that difficult for these no brain inbreds to wash their hands?

But as above from Melon, can it really be contained? They reckon it might come in wave after wave, and that we have to build immunity to it. How many times can the world go into lockdown? Businesses will be bust, people will be out of work, Governments won't have the money to pay everyone for sick pay, unemployment etc.

It is harsh, it is horrible, but is it not, as I said earlier, nature being nature?

I am mindful of not coming over disrespectfully to those who have/will die. But I just think people are going to die from this, and other viruses, and flu and the list goes on. It is a sad fact of life.

I think we're of the same mindset, in that we're basically fatalistic. We're going to get it.

80% of cases are very mild, though, so it's not that big a deal. I just don't want anyone near my Mum, because she's not in the best of health. we're thinking of locking her in the House. 😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣

Agreed heathfield, just think delaying is only delaying the inevitable. I could, naturally, be totally wrong. But if there is going to be wave after wave, then I'd rather nature do what nature does.

Authorities should have acted sooner.

THIS Tuesday 3 thousand people from the badly affected Madrid area were allowed to travel and eat and drink in the local bars etc in Liverpool for the big game.

Likewise here in Mallorca the authorities allowed 3 thousand Italian people off a massive cruise ship to wander around Palma city centre - although they have now banned cruise ships from the port.

We are about to commence a 15-day "lockdown" Bars, restaurants and shops, except for food shops, petrol stations and others selling essential items, would be closed to the public. This could be coming to you soon over in the UK?

"On Saturday, the Spanish government made formal the state of alert. Freedom of movement is to be restricted, the order having established eight justifications for leaving home:
1. The purchase of food, pharmaceuticals and basic necessities.
2. Attendance at health centres.
3. Travel to places of work.
4. Return to places of habitual residence.
5. Assistance and care for the elderly, minors, dependents, people with disabilities or especially vulnerable people.
6. To go to financial entities (e.g. banks).
7. Due to force majeure or situations of necessity.
8. Any other activity of a justified analogous (comparable) nature"

https://www.majorcadailybulletin.co...lert-spain-imposes-restrictions-movement.html

https://www.ultimahora.es/noticias/...idos-desplazamientos-pero-puede-trabajar.html

Last edited:
The 1% mortality rate is too high. They aren't even testing people anymore. Most people who get it won't even know they have it and others will suspect they have it, self isolate and not get tested. None of these people will be included in the numbers.

So it may well be 1% die from the reported cases but actual cases will probably be 500% higher than we know meaning the mortality rate is actually a lot lower.

which is already taken into account with the expected 1% mortality rate
(Italy ~7% at the mo on deaths versus reported for instance)
(and also depends on how the spread is tackled)

I think we're of the same mindset, in that we're basically fatalistic. We're going to get it.

80% of cases are very mild, though, so it's not that big a deal. I just don't want anyone near my Mum, because she's not in the best of health. we're thinking of locking her in the House. 😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣

This isn't accurate as far as I'm aware, 80% of cases are not serious enough for hospitalisation, this can range from something very mild to pneumonia.

which is already taken into account with the expected 1% mortality rate
(Italy ~7% at the mo on deaths versus reported for instance)
(and also depends on how the spread is tackled)
Might this be in part due to how much Italians love to smoke?

A woman was on Sky earlier saying she had travelled from Venice to the UK and wasn't checked at all on her return.

A woman was on Sky earlier saying she had travelled from Venice to the UK and wasn't checked at all on her return.

No one is checked at any port in the world. A yank was on the news who said he travelled into Washington went straight though, the US immigration too busy interrogating people for no reason but failing to look after people’s health.

I heard the arguments from Matt Hancock about temperature testing at airports but I don’t buy it - if it can sense someone is above a certain temperature don’t let them walk around until they’ve been tested

Last edited:
Authorities should have acted sooner.

THIS Tuesday 3 thousand people from the badly affected Madrid area were allowed to travel and eat and drink in the local bars etc in Liverpool for the big game.

Yes, that did look total madness, as you say, Madrid was already massive affected.

Our lot not running the country properly, who would have thunk it?

I just can't not see this as a massive distraction from reality. People should be doing the sensible things, just like they should during any flu outbreak each year. I also half can't tell how much 'action' is being taken because beancounters are worried about the potential of people suing if 'something' isn't done.

I can understand the attempts to contain or at least slow down - that makes perfect sense. But given we know full well there are those amongst us who don't have intelligence and if a game is BCD, will simply hit the pub etc - well, we don't do that during our annual flu outbreak in winter do we?

So why now? Protect those naturally at risk yes and let them use their own common sense...but postponing games etc - sports people aren't exactly top of the high risk chart here are they?

It's just so overblown and being purposefully cruel here - even if the predictions come true....life goes on for 90% of us. Few cared when UK deaths in 2017 was it, hit almost 20k from the flu and so on and so forth.

So what are we missing the Gov and Bojo doing -and not doing as they should - (and others the same in other countries) whilst we panic over potentially having a cough and a dribbly nose?

As I just said in the interesting thread I am sure it's a conspiracy to stop two thirds of this country still pissed off about Brexit and take the heat off the government

I can just see Dominic sitting with Boris, the DWP and health minister plotting this, to get the country stewed up about something else. Trump was probably in on it too cos he is due another election.

They hired a spy to drop the virus in China cos we know Trump is in battle with China so they can be blamed

Oh hum I better take this theory to the conspiracy thread before JF catches up with me

Oh and it anyone is wondering, I am joking....... maybe :lol: