Coronavirus | Page 34 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

Funny thing is I worked as a prototype build engineer which meant I had to be at work to "look after" the lads on the shop floor and help out with issues. The company used to let the Shop floor supervisor who was in charge of the personnel to work from home when SHE wanted to! Which meant I ended up running the Projects and the workshop as I was the first person anyone would come to
Trust me JLR is vastly overmanned, TATA are being taken for a ride

Yes many people do feck all, as they seem to spend most of the day on VV:yes:

Of the people I know at JLR, most of them are waiting for redundancy

This an excerpt from an email sent by a friend who lives in Umbria.

Very touched by your concern. Life has now got quite spooky here. It has gone from mild restrictions to total lockdown in a couple of weeks.We can only go out now for three reasons, to go shopping(one person only), to go to the doctor or go to work if work is still open. In order to go out we have to carry a document of identity and a 'self certification' as to the purpose of our trip. All bars ,shops and restaurants are closed for the next two weeks and probably longer. We cannot meet friends or visit their houses. The atmosphere was likened to during the last war by my neighbour but, as he said, at least then you could see the enemy coming. We had a taste of this with the Foot and Mouth outbreak in Wales but at least it wasn't us who were likely to get ill.

We are both ok at the moment and are probably fortunate living where we do. So far we have relatively small numbers in Umbria who have been ill and it is easy to keep out of other people's way but that could all change of course. I hope this strategy works because if it doesn't I don't know where we go from here. There's nothing left to be done other than let it take it's course.

I hope he loses family members before their time. ****!

The epidemiologist on Joe Rogan reckons there is no containing it. We are all going to lose people, 1 or 2 percent of the population is going to die from this sooner or later.

It's quite fun though, isn't it? Living through a pandemic. If I was 30 years older, that would take the shine off it a bit.

It's quite fun though, isn't it? Living through a pandemic. If I was 30 years older, that would take the shine off it a bit.
I have a string of hobbies, all of them can be done at home. I am able to work from home indefinitely (and have forced my team to do the same). The only next step is to build a home gym which I'm currently costing up.

I think I'm well prepared to barely leave the house for a while.

That said, it's not fun. I'm constantly worried about elderly family members getting it.

I have a string of hobbies, all of them can be done at home. I am able to work from home indefinitely (and have forced my team to do the same). The only next step is to build a home gym which I'm currently costing up.

I think I'm well prepared to barely leave the house for a while.

That said, it's not fun. I'm constantly worried about elderly family members getting it.

It's just the flu.

I am still really conflicted on all this. I can't see as a species we can build up immunity to these things - and if we don't, there will be wave after after of this / similar virus - and this is nature, fucking horrible though it is, doing what nature does. 'Weeding' out the weak, elderly, infirm.

Flu does this every year. As does pneumonia.

Is there something we aren't being told? Is this going to spread to the fit, to the younger, to the kids? At the moment no news is suggesting that it is anything but a mild bug, if indeed you notice it at all.

I'm not being a bastard, with a brain condition I might be vulnerable, no idea, my parents are old 80 and 81, so they would be in danger.

But this is what nature has always done, to keep a species strong.

Is this really a cause for mass panic (just went to Sainsbury, bought only what I wanted, no stockpiling) and people were going mad.

The herding theory, letting it spread - much like they do with kids with chicken pox, makes sense does it not?

Not meant to be inflammatory, meant as a part of the debate and this does not negate my deep sympathy for anyone who has/does die from this and the grief it brings their familes.

On numbers who are dying though, this is - unless you tell me otherwise - an absolute fraction of flu and pneumonia. They say we have vaccines for those, but only if they 'guess' the right strain. My old fella had the pneumonia jab last year and still picked it up and nearly died from it.

Worrying, of course, but more so than a bad year of flu?

I am still really conflicted on all this. I can't see as a species we can build up immunity to these things - and if we don't, there will be wave after after of this / similar virus - and this is nature, fucking horrible though it is, doing what nature does. 'Weeding' out the weak, elderly, infirm.

Flu does this every year. As does pneumonia.

Is there something we aren't being told? Is this going to spread to the fit, to the younger, to the kids? At the moment no news is suggesting that it is anything but a mild bug, if indeed you notice it at all.

I'm not being a bastard, with a brain condition I might be vulnerable, no idea, my parents are old 80 and 81, so they would be in danger.

But this is what nature has always done, to keep a species strong.

Is this really a cause for mass panic (just went to Sainsbury, bought only what I wanted, no stockpiling) and people were going mad.

The herding theory, letting it spread - much like they do with kids with chicken pox, makes sense does it not?

Not meant to be inflammatory, meant as a part of the debate and this does not negate my deep sympathy for anyone who has/does die from this and the grief it brings their familes.

On numbers who are dying though, this is - unless you tell me otherwise - an absolute fraction of flu and pneumonia. They say we have vaccines for those, but only if they 'guess' the right strain. My old fella had the pneumonia jab last year and still picked it up and nearly died from it.

Worrying, of course, but more so than a bad year of flu?

The numbers suggest 80% will get it, with a 1% chance of dying.

With Flu, fewer than 10% get it every year, and 0.1% die.

That means this is effectively 80 times more deadly.