Coronavirus | Page 29 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

Oh apart from the actual complete and utter James Hunts that Mrs M has told me are going into hospitals with empty pop bottles to fill them up with hand sanitising gel from the dispensers around the hospital and fcuking off.

In this together eh Boris ?

Yeah ok.

I'll leave it there.

Feel free not to! Interested in all the differing opinions.

I must admit, with the Leicester player situation today especially, I really can't see how or why the matches are still going ahead this weekend. The selfish part of me thinks great, the logical part, especially as above, no cases yet in Worcestershire, doesn't really understand why we wouldn't be told to stay away.

Oh apart from the actual complete and utter James Hunts that Mrs M has told me are going into hospitals with empty pop bottles to fill them up with hand sanitising gel from the dispensers around the hospital and fcuking off.

In this together eh Boris ?

Yeah ok.

Said the other day it is shocking how pathetic people are being, I am not surprised how selfish people are now, the community spirit is non existant, it is all me, me, me. But how stupid is a bit shocking. Especially the toilet rolls, it isn't dysentery.

Anyone stealing from hospitals should have a month in the clink, no exceptions, no boo hoo stories, and then they should pay the country back the full cost of their incarceration.

We've become too soft in this country.

I still find it incredible a country with 1bn people have contained it, yet in western europe we are shitting it because it’s spreading like wildfire. There’s only a few degrees separation sometimes so between you and an infected person, it’s lucky China didn’t have 50m cases.

If the British media won’t report it, I’ll say it - well done China.

Also think in this country, we are far more able to listen to reason than they are saying. I know the toilet roll nonsense argues against that slightly, but surely most would understand if football, concerts etc, were cancelled for now?

Really am in two minds about it, just seems strange we are saying we are 4 or more weeks behind France, Italy etc, so we will wait. Doesn't seem to be intuitive at all.

Cases in Birmingham, Warwickshire, Herefordshire and Gloucestershire though JF, it’s coming for ya :wave:

Which sort of plays into the surprised that the games / other big events are still on. With all those surrounding areas having it, surely this is just being spread more.

Odd situation isn't it?!

I just can't not see this as a massive distraction from reality. People should be doing the sensible things, just like they should during any flu outbreak each year. I also half can't tell how much 'action' is being taken because beancounters are worried about the potential of people suing if 'something' isn't done.

I can understand the attempts to contain or at least slow down - that makes perfect sense. But given we know full well there are those amongst us who don't have intelligence and if a game is BCD, will simply hit the pub etc - well, we don't do that during our annual flu outbreak in winter do we?

So why now? Protect those naturally at risk yes and let them use their own common sense...but postponing games etc - sports people aren't exactly top of the high risk chart here are they?

It's just so overblown and being purposefully cruel here - even if the predictions come true....life goes on for 90% of us. Few cared when UK deaths in 2017 was it, hit almost 20k from the flu and so on and so forth.

So what are we missing the Gov and Bojo doing - or not doing as they should - (and others the same in other countries) whilst we panic over potentially having a cough and a dribbly nose?

I

So why now? Protect those naturally at risk yes and let them use their own common sense...but postponing games etc - sports people aren't exactly top of the high risk chart here are they?

It's just so overblown and being purposefully cruel here - even if the predictions come true....life goes on for 90% of us. Few cared when UK deaths in 2017 was it, hit almost 20k from the flu and so on and so forth.

The media have a responsibility and they've failed miserably and its even worse in America. We've CNN and MSNBC reporting how Trump failed in his delivery speech, they're more focused on the political agenda than getting people information they need. Its hard to know what to believe and when people dont trust the institution's chaos follows but there is no chaos in Korea because they trust their institutions. US Media so focused on testing and whether or not they've failed already so its hard to know if they're preparing the nation for major changes or following an agenda to show the federal government under Trump is failing.

Personally I think every story about Coronavirus should be starting with the Curve and speaking to why the things we're doing won't stop it but it will slow it down. Also calm people down, this isn't a death sentence but it could be to vulnerable people if we don't act as a community to help protect each other.

New York City is chaotic, all the supermarkets were insane and I felt like I was a crazy person too. Me and the GF spent the time building up a little stock but we didnt spend time doing our regular shop so we were almost out of perishable everyday items. So I had to go to the store to do regular shopping with all the panic buyers because I can't trust that there'll be food in the stores tomorrow.

Imagine a real panic like Spanish Flu.

There are some interesting things in this interview with Jeremy Hunt.

8-10% of vulnerable people die from it so it's not a death sentence.

He talks a lot about flattening the curve. The NHS has 4k ICU beds and we could see 150k people needing those beds in a full blown crisis.

He also talked about supporting the NHS for what is inevitably coming down the tracks.

He doesn't think this can be contained.

the community spirit is non existant

I don't particular agree with that. I think we're quite good as a country and as communities at rallying around and helping each other in times of crisis. Just look at the recent flooding for evidence of that.

Unfortunately though there will always be a minority of complete dick heads. It only takes a few people to fill up a few trolleys with bog roll before you start seeing empty shelves.

The media have a responsibility and they've failed miserably and its even worse in America. We've CNN and MSNBC reporting how Trump failed in his delivery speech, they're more focused on the political agenda than getting people information they need. Its hard to know what to believe and when people dont trust the institution's chaos follows but there is no chaos in Korea because they trust their institutions. US Media so focused on testing and whether or not they've failed already so its hard to know if they're preparing the nation for major changes or following an agenda to show the federal government under Trump is failing.

Personally I think every story about Coronavirus should be starting with the Curve and speaking to why the things we're doing won't stop it but it will slow it down. Also calm people down, this isn't a death sentence but it could be to vulnerable people if we don't act as a community to help protect each other.

New York City is chaotic, all the supermarkets were insane and I felt like I was a crazy person too. Me and the GF spent the time building up a little stock but we didnt spend time doing our regular shop so we were almost out of perishable everyday items. So I had to go to the store to do regular shopping with all the panic buyers because I can't trust that there'll be food in the stores tomorrow.

Imagine a real panic like Spanish Flu.

Great to hear your input on the US. I've been on a few Right wing sites, and all they do is deny it's a problem. They claim it's a hoax to try and bring down Trump, still. They've turned a worldwide problem into a targeted attack on one man.

The group delusion is amazing. People will study this for a long time to come.

Exhibit A, just posted on the Daily Caller.

"The Corona beer virus is Media Madness and Media created world wide hysteria in their attempt to bring down the main person standing in their way of destruction- TRUMP. They are like the "dogs from Hell" in their pursuit "

I don't particular agree with that. I think we're quite good as a country and as communities at rallying around and helping each other in times of crisis. Just look at the recent flooding for evidence of that.

Unfortunately though there will always be a minority of complete dick heads. It only takes a few people to fill up a few trolleys with bog roll before you start seeing empty shelves.

Maybe just total stupidity has grown then, it is the cotton wool, selfish, me, me, me generation.

Also my personal experience at my bad times, most people fuck off totally.