Sam Morsy | Page 2 | Vital Football

Sam Morsy

Should we not give credit to cook for this . We soon slag him off when things are going wrong . 🤔

Certainly not!

Cook was the one chopping and changing every 5 minutes, every Latics fan knows Morsy is better box to box, Morsy got a lot of stick when Cook put the shackles on him and played him more defensive.

Another fuck up from Cook!

Certainly not!

Cook was the one chopping and changing every 5 minutes, every Latics fan knows Morsy is better box to box, Morsy got a lot of stick when Cook put the shackles on him and played him more defensive.

Another fuck up from Cook!

I don't think Cook put any shackles on him Norm, I think he was the best option we had for the defensive midfield position at the time, times change and Williams has adopted that role freeing Samy to do the box to box duties to which he is better suited.

I know you want to blame Cook for everything that goes wrong within the club but sometimes a player has to adopt a role that is not his preferred position for the good of the team.

I don't think Cook put any shackles on him Norm, I think he was the best option we had for the defensive midfield position at the time, times change and Williams has adopted that role freeing Samy to do the box to box duties to which he is better suited.

I know you want to blame Cook for everything that goes wrong within the club but sometimes a player has to adopt a role that is not his preferred position for the good of the team.

Most of the time Cook was playing two defensive midfielders, was that necessary?

Most of the time Cook was playing two defensive midfielders, was that necessary?

At that time I think it was, Williams was still finding his feet after his disastrous start against Leeds and we were on the back foot. Several options were tried and rejected until Cook settled on Morsy and Williams and gave them the time to develop.

It is only my opinion but we are still playing two defensive midfielders, however one or the other now has the licence to go forward and influence the play while the other plays the holding role.

The system hasn't changed, just developed and settled.

I agree TB. The defensive line-up maybe 4-2-3-1, but when attacking, with the full backs bombing up, and with Morsy going further forward (and more often), it's much more fluid.

It is only my opinion but we are still playing two defensive midfielders, however one or the other now has the licence to go forward and influence the play while the other plays the holding role.

Thats the point i'm making, none of the two had the licence to go forward, hence the lack of support up top, poor results and sideways and backward passing then a long hoof to Moore!

Thats the point i'm making, none of the two had the licence to go forward, hence the lack of support up top, poor results and sideways and backward passing then a long hoof to Moore!

That's not shackling them Norm.

They probably hadn't got the confidence or self belief to do the forward runs, it is amazing what a couple of positive results can do.

I firmly believe that the way things are going now was the intention from the beginning but results conspired to take away their confidence and made them fearful of leaving us exposed and that has now been taken away by the recent results.

I just hope that this is the start of a decent partnership in our midfield and we continue to reap the benefits of it.

That's not shackling them Norm.

They probably hadn't got the confidence or self belief to do the forward runs, it is amazing what a couple of positive results can do.

Oh ffs mate give your head a wobble, absolute shite that, they were playing to instructions from a clown who was trying to get himself sacked, wake up man!

........ they were playing to instructions from a clown who was trying to get himself sacked, wake up man!

As conspiracy theories go ................................. that's a belter.

As efforts to get yourself sacked go ............. bloody rubbish Cook !

There. Feel better Norm, bro?

I’m not certain he was that poor defensively TB (though he often is in this Division)......he gets forward and runs with the ball very well, but as many others have said he struggles to ‘pass wind’ and he couldn’t ‘cross the road’....his crosses are either at shin height, or so far over hit that a 10 foot Centre forward on a step ladder, would watch it sailing way over his head and on to the far touch line.
Its a real failing in the team, Naismith has shown himself to be the best crosser of a ball in the past, but yesterday he seemed reluctant to put the bloody thing in the box, continually twisting and turning from left foot to right and back again, before giving up and taking the easy option by rolling it back up the touchline to someone else.
Maddening.

I’m not certain he was that poor defensively TB (though he often is in this Division)......he gets forward and runs with the ball very well, but as many others have said he struggles to ‘pass wind’ and he couldn’t ‘cross the road’....his crosses are either at shin height, or so far over hit that a 10 foot Centre forward on a step ladder, would watch it sailing way over his head and on to the far touch line.
Its a real failing in the team, Naismith has shown himself to be the best crosser of a ball in the past, but yesterday he seemed reluctant to put the bloody thing in the box, continually twisting and turning from left foot to right and back again, before giving up and taking the easy option by rolling it back up the touchline to someone else.
Maddening.
The standard of crossing from the entire team yesterday was frankly struggling to be awful.
Special mentions to Byrne and Williams though - stank the place out 🙄

Feel sorry for Moore who would have thrived had he ever got the chance to play with Reece James. We probably have the worst crossers in the league. When Naismith is considered the best in the squad you know it's bad!