Coronavirus | Page 5 | Vital Football

Coronavirus

The number of deaths from the Wuhan coronavirus had risen to over 1,000 by Tuesday morning, as experts from the World Health Organization (WHO) arrived in China to assist with controlling the epidemic.

Why is there no vaccine for Corona Virus, its not like its a new thing just popped out of the woodwork.

Coronaviruses were discovered in the 1960s.[6] The earliest ones discovered were infectious bronchitis virus in chickens and two viruses from the nasal cavities of human patients with the common cold that were subsequently named human coronavirus 229E and human coronavirus OC43.[7] Other members of this family have since been identified, including SARS-CoV in 2003, HCoV NL63 in 2004, HKU1 in 2005, MERS-CoV in 2012, and 2019-nCoV in 2019; most of these have been involved in serious respiratory tract infections.

The number of deaths from the Wuhan coronavirus had risen to over 1,000 by Tuesday morning, as experts from the World Health Organization (WHO) arrived in China to assist with controlling the epidemic.

Why is there no vaccine for Corona Virus, its not like its a new thing just popped out of the woodwork.

Coronaviruses were discovered in the 1960s.[6] The earliest ones discovered were infectious bronchitis virus in chickens and two viruses from the nasal cavities of human patients with the common cold that were subsequently named human coronavirus 229E and human coronavirus OC43.[7] Other members of this family have since been identified, including SARS-CoV in 2003, HCoV NL63 in 2004, HKU1 in 2005, MERS-CoV in 2012, and 2019-nCoV in 2019; most of these have been involved in serious respiratory tract infections.
It's because 'Coronavirus' is a broad term to refer to a family viruses. It doesn't really make sense to call it 'Coronavirus'. What everyone is panicking about at the moment is a 'novel Coronavirus' which is a new strain that has not been seen before.

The common cold is a strain of Coronavirus, to put it in perspective.

There is a cruise ship floating around the South China Sea with 2000 passengers on board which has been denied access to ports in 4 countries because there are suspected coronavirus patients on board.

Anyone fancy a cruise?

Talking of cruises' , diamond princess 135 infected of those tested and Japan have only tested a fraction of the 3700 on board.
10 infected are crew who have been in cramped conditions below deck with 1,000 colleagues.
Ticking time bomb .

Talking of cruises' , diamond princess 135 infected of those tested and Japan have only tested a fraction of the 3700 on board.
10 infected are crew who have been in cramped conditions below deck with 1,000 colleagues.
Ticking time bomb .

It just shows what a pussy virus this is. 1,000 people in cramped conditions and 10 of them are infected. The Spanish Flu would have wiped those fuckers out.

They don't make global pandemics like they used to.

It's clear Mainstream Media have been handed a mandate to shift focus to prevent mass hysteria.
Expect to start being force fed news on Syria, ISIS, HS2 etc etc

Barely made the 10pm news on BBC last night, tonight may be different as the severity just went up again. This is a possible extinction event if they don't contain it and find a cure

There is a cruise ship floating around the South China Sea with 2000 passengers on board which has been denied access to ports in 4 countries because there are suspected coronavirus patients on board.

Anyone fancy a cruise?

Least there will be some good offers on P&O soon

Barely made the 10pm news on BBC last night, tonight may be different as the severity just went up again. This is a possible extinction event if they don't contain it and find a cure

That sounds a bit extreme, should we be worried? Are Vital Villans worried?

I’m not worried, as horrible as it sounds and selfish, the mortality rate is low from what I’ve read.

WHO are happy with their figures Sil. Being far more open than SARS as well and admitting it was underplayed initially and people have been sacked, it's no surprise it's hitting the villages hardest either when you think of sanitation. There's about as much use panicking about this one as there was Mad Cow.

And BBC have plastered coverage - don't watch 10pm, but it's been on 6pm and throughout the day, we even had interviews this afternoon with folks in China and on the ship and there quarantines.

Piss off dude, I couldn't remember what WHO stood for when I typed it so I went for the acronym (and then expected some sarcastic bugger to mention Dr Who so kudos for the band!) PMSL

That shouldn't have tickled me as much as it did lol