The Borja Baston Thread | Vital Football

The Borja Baston Thread

who? Just seen on sky sports manure have signed Ighalo and we turned him down last night. Other big name clubs also sniffed around. Good enough for them but not us so we end up with a guy who can't even get into Swansea's first team because he was cheap. And I thought those days were behind us. If Samatta gets injured we are royally screwed. When was the last time he turned out for Swansea? Another player who isn't match fit. Absolute farce.

who? Just seen on sky sports manure have signed Ighalo and we turned him down last night. Other big name clubs also sniffed around. Good enough for them but not us so we end up with a guy who can't even get into Swansea's first team because he was cheap. And I thought those days were behind us. If Samatta gets injured we are royally screwed. When was the last time he turned out for Swansea? Another player who isn't match fit. Absolute farce.
Glad you are not in charge of the finances at VP. Ever heard of FFP .

At the end of the day, the only thing that matters is we avoid relegation and build next season, if Smith thinks this guy can help us achieve that, then fine. We will see. As others have said, i think he is just cover, as i think Dean will stick with Samatta and Davies as preferred strikers.

Someone needs to tell this lad that he's won the lottery. He's gone from outcast at Swansea to a premier league side in need of a goalscorer who will treat him like a hero if he does well. Add to that a cup final coming up. Welcome Borja.

£200k a week is probably a good enough reason to turn that move down

His comment, I want to meet my new teammates and the MANAGER says it all, so much for Deano wanting to meet players and vet them.
This to me indicates a Suso signing on a player he knows from the past, let's hope he is right about him

.....I do love a proper big man!
ken.jpg

His comment, I want to meet my new teammates and the MANAGER says it all, so much for Deano wanting to meet players and vet them.
This to me indicates a Suso signing on a player he knows from the past, let's hope he is right about him

It's the modern way. Doesn't surprise me at all . Can't say it bothers me either.

I bet it's the exception rather than the rule that managers actually meet the signings prior nowadays. In Deano's case he is head coach anyway.