The Borja Baston Thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

The Borja Baston Thread

My missus went out and bought a 4x4 and a caravan last year and I never saw the car until I drove it out of the showroom or looked in the caravan until we were set up on the site. Everything is fine and we have loved the caravan experience. I told her what I wanted in the car and the caravan and left her to do the rest. The reason it worked out OK was that I trusted her.
Dean will have told Suso and Purslow what he wanted and left them to it.
Mrs GMV would've gone out and bought a rusted 1974 shit box of a rear-wheel drive car with no tow bar and a caravan with a hole in the roof and no wheels. "Look at the bargain I got!. You can fix it honey."

Mrs GMV would've gone out and bought a rusted 1974 shit box of a rear-wheel drive car with no tow bar and a caravan with a hole in the roof and no wheels. "Look at the bargain I got!. You can fix it honey."

she doesn't help out our transfer team by any chance ?

He cost Swansea £16m, given to us on a free. Sounds just like a Villa story of signing a striker for millions, paying him thousands and then releasing him for peanuts

I never even bothered to look at Ighalo's wage demands but if the mooted wages are correct £200k and £300k mentioned (evidently it depends on where you get your information from) but then yeah I would have said no way too. But at least I'm not alone in wondering why we signed a guy who got dropped from a Championship team's starting line up. All the hallmarks of making up the numbers is what this deal is about. A waste of wages spent needlessly. If this guy plays and scores and goes on to be a big hit, then great I'm delighted for him, me and every Villa fan and we'll all be saying what a fantastic bit shrewd business. However, I am sceptical. I will reserve judgement and hope to be proved wrong.

With better players providing more quality chances around him who knows this could be a great move for him and for us. Could end up a cult hero stranger things have happened. Anyway good luck to the lad.

You need to trade in said Mrs GMV in for a newer model :wahey::throw::shake:

I never even bothered to look at Ighalo's wage demands but if the mooted wages are correct £200k and £300k mentioned (evidently it depends on where you get your information from) but then yeah I would have said no way too. But at least I'm not alone in wondering why we signed a guy who got dropped from a Championship team's starting line up. All the hallmarks of making up the numbers is what this deal is about. A waste of wages spent needlessly. If this guy plays and scores and goes on to be a big hit, then great I'm delighted for him, me and every Villa fan and we'll all be saying what a fantastic bit shrewd business. However, I am sceptical. I will reserve judgement and hope to be proved wrong.

He’s been signed as cover seeing as Davis spends half the time injured and which only leaves Samatta I don’t think it’s a bad idea. I guess you could argue it’s just making up the numbers but if we get another injury and we hadn’t signed anyone we’d be in trouble

We’ve seen plenty of times big signings turning out badly where it just seems like nothing went right, but you never know getting a move like this at this stage might reignite his career. He’ll probably be used as a sub but we all know we’ve lacked attacking options off the bench this season so if this guy can make an impact in a few games then it would be a good signing

His comment, I want to meet my new teammates and the MANAGER says it all, so much for Deano wanting to meet players and vet them.
This to me indicates a Suso signing on a player he knows from the past, let's hope he is right about him

Suso is apparently responsible for Reina coming in too. I find it dodgy to be honest and it wouldn't surprise me if Suso is getting a nice brown envelope for bringing in known Spanish connections and "doing deals". If it all goes tits up Smith will no doubt point to this as a reason for failure and he would have a point. Call me old fashioned but surely the manager should decide who he wants playing for him.

Suso is apparently responsible for Reina coming in too. I find it dodgy to be honest and it wouldn't surprise me if Suso is getting a nice brown envelope for bringing in known Spanish connections and "doing deals". If it all goes tits up Smith will no doubt point to this as a reason for failure and he would have a point. Call me old fashioned but surely the manager should decide who he wants playing for him.

Those two have the same agent , i think I read somewhere

Until today Reina could do wrong. Now he's a decrepit past-it waste of space. Personally I think dropping Nyland was a bit surprising, but I don't see buying Reina as a mistake, so why is Suso getting the blame?

If Basto is anything like as good as the videos, he could be very useful. In fact he and Samatta could make our season. Nice to see Samatta get on the score sheet in his first appearance; good goal as well.

Until today Reina could do wrong. Now he's a decrepit past-it waste of space. Personally I think dropping Nyland was a bit surprising, but I don't see buying Reina as a mistake, so why is Suso getting the blame?

If Basto is anything like as good as the videos, he could be very useful. In fact he and Samatta could make our season. Nice to see Samatta get on the score sheet in his first appearance; good goal as well.

I think we were discussing Baston saying he was looking forward to meeting Deano and it's stemmed from there ie signing a player the manager hasn't even met is a bit of a suggestion Suso is signing the player . He didn't need to meet Reina as we all know him.
Nothing to see here

But that's our system now and it's not that unknown. Doesn't mean DS didn't speak to him, just not met him, after a defeat we can read things into everything but looking at Reina's reactions so far I doubt here's simply here to please a compatriot.