Dele Alli - Player Thread | Page 5 | Vital Football

Dele Alli - Player Thread

Jose talking about the "best Dele" here. Can't comprehend a Spurs or England team without a "best Dele" in it. Strong implication he sees him as one of the best in the world.

Brilliant stuff from Jose !!!

Jose talking about the "best Dele" here. Can't comprehend a Spurs or England team without a "best Dele" in it. Strong implication he sees him as one of the best in the world.

Brilliant stuff from Jose !!!

I was lucky enough to see and be on the same field as a true world class player. I am very sorry but at his best Dele is good EPL player with a few flashy tricks and flicks. World class is a player who can turn a game on its head not just with one bit of skill but with consistent passage's of world class play. I am talking about Gazza true world class who makes Dele look average

He's overrated but his stats speak for themselves, goals and assists is what it's all about.

Like Lampard, I never had him down as world class (some will argue) but he was never a Gerrard but he got goals.

He's overrated but his stats speak for themselves, goals and assists is what it's all about.

Like Lampard, I never had him down as world class (some will argue) but he was never a Gerrard but he got goals.

Of course he's overrated; he's English and when we get a flair/skill player the media and the fans always lose objectivity and go over the top.

He could of course yet become great, but he needs to get back on track and continue to improve as he was a couple of seasons ago.

He's beginning to find his form because his fitness and his belief is coming back to him that he can trust his body again and for the last 18 months he hasn't trusted it.

I think Jose's timing was good as Dele had already done a lot of the hard graft in his fitness work and effort levels on the pitch. Even when Keane had a pop at him, he had run the furthest of any outfield player in that match. The rest just didn't come off for him on the day.

Poch was trying desperately to keep Dele under the radar and remove the pressure from him. Jose has managed him the other way by making him the focus of attention and backing his man. Interesting difference in management styles.

We haven't seen Alli run at the opposition for 18 months. 2 games in charge Jose has him playing the way he should be. Top management and should be applauded considering his short time here.

LOL I don't need world class...I need a workhorse that is unselfish and an assist machine in his role.

A Field General. Pull the strings on our attack and get everyone involved. This is how I see Jose developing Dele.

Give me a Dele with a Assist to Goal ratio of like 3/1 or even 4/1 and I will be very happy.

I was lucky enough to see and be on the same field as a true world class player. I am very sorry but at his best Dele is good EPL player with a few flashy tricks and flicks. World class is a player who can turn a game on its head not just with one bit of skill but with consistent passage's of world class play. I am talking about Gazza true world class who makes Dele look average

Did Dele turn the Bournemouth game on its head ?

The role he is playing under Mourhino is largely the role he played under Poch for the first three years, hence his excellent goals and assists stats. The way he has been playing (or forced to play) for the last 18 months - aimlessly wandering around the pitch with no seemingly clear purpose - totally belies his ability. He needed to re-focus and be given a role that plays to his strengths.

Dele did say a while back , although he wasnt playing at his best he was learning and appreciating the contribution of other positions. Making him a more complete player.

Dele did say a while back , although he wasnt playing at his best he was learning and appreciating the contribution of other positions. Making him a more complete player.

As I said before, once fully fit, he'll trust his body again and find his form and will only improve again from there.

We have to hope he can get a good injury-free run now.

As I said before, once fully fit, he'll trust his body again and find his form and will only improve again from there.

We have to hope he can get a good injury-free run now.

Seeing him in full flow it does suggest his injuries were hampering him, not with pain but as you say trust. He may well have come good under Poch and saved him his job. Having said that I am happy with Jose coming in, I want to see the effect an undisputed top manager has on us.