Dele Alli - Player Thread | Page 7 | Vital Football

Dele Alli - Player Thread

Lots of Spurs fans calling him out this morning.

To be fair it's deserved. He has been very poor now for nearly 2 years. The odd quality game isn't enough I'm afraid.

He has a chip on his shoulder. Mind you who doesn't at spurs these days.

To be fair it's deserved. He has been very poor now for nearly 2 years. The odd quality game isn't enough I'm afraid.

Someone like Fergurson would have started to drop him at the first sign of an ego, he has never had that so he has gotten away with it.

"If football was about how many times you arrive in goalscoring positions we would win by a huge score. Football's not just about arriving there as it's about the right assists, the right pass, the spin of the ball and the direction of the cross. We missed so much of that"

In Jose's first 2 mins of his post match interview, he nailed Dele and others in my opinion with these words. He might have been talking about the "we" but you just know that Dele was top of mind when he formed a lot of that opinion. Son as well.

Jose will provide his players the non-filtered version directly, and Dele will get the ongoing feedback. He's definitely struggling to convert his clear ability into end product at the moment. He's with the right coach though.

I honestly believe Ali thinks he is genuinely world class . He sulks and dives around like a petulant little baby . If he doesn't pick himself up he will definitely not get picked for the Euro's . That will really affect him then I will be really worried about him . I have played with players like him and seen players like him just become wasted potential

He scores some world class goals but his general all round play certainly isn't.

His control, vision and lack of ability to release the ball fast enough at times is at a very low standard.

He needs to wake up and work on his weaknesses.

The truly great one's have some key things in common...their unbelievable work ethics and perfectionist detail oriented attitudes...and largely they are type A personalities that don't like to lose. (common across all sports)

I don't see this in Dele, I see a spoiled brat who thinks he is better than he is.

I think Jose and others are expecting him to do things he just can't do.

With eriksen going I was hoping dele would up his game in terms of controlling games like eriksen used to do.

Does he have the technical ability?

I have doubts he does.

I think his best position is the Tim Cahill role just behind the main striker. A false number 9. Getting into the box. He is very good at arriving at the right time.

When Eriksen goes I think we need a new AM. From what I have seen of Grealish he looks way ahead of Dele in terms of keeping possession and controlling the game.

Matic, Ndombele, Lo Celso, Grealish, Dele, Kane could be a excellent balance.

Southgate, called him out over a year ago for his immaturity and then dropped him from the England team. This type of incidence doesn’t surprise me; Alli comes across as being very childish.

I dont think Alli is thick. Stupid and immature maybe. I did dumbarse stuff at his age. I'm not defending him, I just don't agree he is thick.
This childish streak is what I referred to with him and Sonny a while back.

I dont think Alli is thick. Stupid and immature maybe. I did dumbarse stuff at his age. I'm not defending him, I just don't agree he is thick.
This childish streak is what I referred to with him and Sonny a while back.

As was everyone

Difference is you didn’t get hours of training on how not to be a twat when you are young.

As was everyone

Difference is you didn’t get hours of training on how not to be a twat when you are young.

I also think Dele has a perspective when looking back. Dad left the country a week after his birth, he had an alcoholic mum and he is where he is today because one of the other MK Dons kid's parents took him into their home at 13.

He's definitely not stupid as you can tell by his interviews. There's clearly kids on this planet that had it a lot tougher, but Dele didn't have the easiest ride on his journey to stardom. He just now needs to keep it together and become a role model himself.

Afraid I receive, see and have even done far sillier more insensitive things in my lifetime - he realized almost immediately that it was in poor taste, took it down and apologized.

That's good enough for me.

Someone said on Twitter that Hennersey got away with a Nazi salute so will be typical double standards should Dele get banned. He apologised