The Official January 2020 Transfer Window Thread. | Page 16 | Vital Football

The Official January 2020 Transfer Window Thread.

According to the gossip in The Guardian, Leicester want that red card machine from Rangers.

Weirdly Leicester don't even make the list with the bookies.

Villa - 7/2
Palace - 9/2
Everton - 9/1
LA Galaxy - 10/1
Atletico Madrid - 12/1
Bordeux - 12/1
Espanyol - 16/1
Leeds - 16/1
Man United - 20/1

Personally I'd take a punt in him. Puts himself about a bit which is what we need, and obviously knows where the goal is.

Very difficult starting without replacing Tammy. Like driving a car with 3 wheels. And we aren't a robin reliant. We need ammunition plus a deployment system. December is an enormous month, pivotal.
COYVB's

Zlatan? :lol:

Wouldn't that be amazing. But I think it's pipe and slippers time for him at this stage.

52 goals in 53 starts , still takes some doing. MLS I know but some are creaming over a striker scoring a few in Scotland. Is that a better league?. Not for me Jeff.

Milan and Bologna interested .

I know I'm dreaming , but what a lift in January it would be . 5 months ?. He could do a job.

Last edited:
52 goals in 53 starts , still takes some doing. MLS I know but some are creaming over a striker scoring a few in Scotland. Is that a better league?. Not for me Jeff.

I know I'm dreaming , but what a lift in January it would be . 5 months ?. He could do a job.

Believe me, I'd take him in a heartbeat and even stump up for some of his wages. I just can't imagine he'd fancy a relegation scrap at 38 in chilly Birmingham when he could be off somewhere else in the sun.

As poor as the pub league is, it is still better than the MLS. Zlatan could definitely hold onto the ball, but everyone seems to want a striker who is going to charge about closing people down, I dont see Zlatan doing that.
We could offer him £100k a week plus a whopping bonus if we stay up

Could we sign Bale?

Real don't want him, but don't seem to want him to go to any champions league sides. They pulled the plug on his free transfer to China because they felt they should get something for him.

We have mega rich owners, apparent hefty ambitions and a need for a goal scorer. I say we pay Real 10m, offer Bale a 500k a week contract for a year with bonuses and start playing like a big boy should.

As poor as the pub league is, it is still better than the MLS. Zlatan could definitely hold onto the ball, but everyone seems to want a striker who is going to charge about closing people down, I dont see Zlatan doing that.
We could offer him £100k a week plus a whopping bonus if we stay up

Is it better?.

I think Zlatan would be slated after 2 games and be told he will never make it anyway . :lol:

Could we sign Bale?

Real don't want him, but don't seem to want him to go to any champions league sides. They pulled the plug on his free transfer to China because they felt they should get something for him.

We have mega rich owners, apparent hefty ambitions and a need for a goal scorer. I say we pay Real 10m, offer Bale a 500k a week contract for a year with bonuses and start playing like a big boy should.

Yes, get it done.

Zlatan, Bale . Oh yes

Normally don't comment much in the transfer threads as they are normally full of baseless links and rumours . But loving this thread now, with these stellar signings :wahey:.