VAR | Page 6 | Vital Football

VAR

The game is rigged so sit back and enjoy the ride. Even though that villa hating ****** denied us a goal I would still rather have a ref making the decision full stop but I would bring refs from Europe not the English twats we have.

He actually still maintained the Ref got it right - Jack dived.

Despite not diving, playing the ball early, and Cahill going down in a manner proving there was contact.

ie he's a cock.

He actually still maintained the Ref got it right - Jack dived.

Despite not diving, playing the ball early, and Cahill going down in a manner proving there was contact.

ie he's a cock.
What was needed was a defamatory statement by someone at our club and a charge of bringing the game into disrepute to have dragged that twat Friend futher into the media spotlight.
Childish I know but unbelievably I am still seething two weeks on.

lol, from the clubs point of view DS said enough and the FA could've acted on that had they wanted to.

Utterly pathetic decision though, even my old man was bemused with why it was disallowed and he's a Blues fan! He didn't think it was a pen, but he knew it wasn't a dive lol

The other bit that riles me is Linos are now instructed to keep the flag down unless 100% sure, so on what planet did Friend decide he was 100% sure (looking at Cahill's tumble) that VAR couldn't decide on the lot?

That's the bit that irks me most.

lol, from the clubs point of view DS said enough and the FA could've acted on that had they wanted to.

Utterly pathetic decision though, even my old man was bemused with why it was disallowed and he's a Blues fan! He didn't think it was a pen, but he knew it wasn't a dive lol

The other bit that riles me is Linos are now instructed to keep the flag down unless 100% sure, so on what planet did Friend decide he was 100% sure (looking at Cahill's tumble) that VAR couldn't decide on the lot?

That's the bit that irks me most.
Did your old man ask you to be a city fan Mike?

Mikes old man said be a city fan he said dad I am Leeds........

Another shambles.

Bournemouth denied a penalty to make it 3-1. Not only was it a penalty but the review didnt occur until there had been a clearance out of the saints area out of play from an attack. What if saints had scored and the penalty then given.

And Bournemouth's disallowed goal Melon. How can an apparently effective system be ruling out goals when only 1 player's foot is offside but not be able to correct a referee's mistake?

At the end of the day football needs to move with the times so I'm not completely against VAR but this way of implementing it is a complete shambles.

Players should be able to challenge 2 or 3 decisions each half like in tennis sets and this offside/handball stuff should be scrapped unless there's daylight for offsides or if it's deliberate with handballs. That's a start for making it better.

Yesterday Kevin Friend was the VAR ref for a game and apparently refused to give a stonewall penalty.

Ok so the refs in charge of VAR are over ruling some on field decisions but not others ?
Wesley foul on keeper goal not given.
Man U player fouls Origi VAR ref doesn’t over rule it.

To me, if they have to take nearly a minute to decide ,it wasn't a clear and obvious the original decision should stand

VAR at its best again today
Yanited goal should have been pulled back for a foul
Liverpool goal should have stood, lindelof was Man handling Mane

The people who actually go to watch football in grounds are the people the football authorities care the least about. This isn't just the FA either but FIFA, UEFA and pretty much all national associations.

It's a measure of refereeing buffoonery that something that works relatively well in other sports has been a disaster in football.

Mike Riley was one of the worst referees known to man , yet he is in charge of training the refs and implementing VAR.

You couldn't make it up.

They need to redefine the VAR boundaries. It should not be used to check every goal for the slightest problem. Take yesterdays Villa "goal" for example. It is a matter of opinion if Wesley impeded their GK or not. IMO he did not. However if you asked 10 neutrals to judge it may well turn out 50/50 either way.

This is not what it is there to judge. The clear and obvious error is a good guide to its intended use. Its now gone far beyond that and is turning it into a farce and ruining it for the stadium fans at the very least.