Who next? | Page 84 | Vital Football

Who next?

Final details to be ironed out according to a recent tweet from sporting hortin.
Pre match tomorrow is a good call I reckon.

From what I have heard it was us who decided not to go with Gareth or Flynn and not the other way round. Combination of monetary demands coupled with long term commitment and not fitting in with our vision etc. It appears that through the process Appleton seems to have come out ticking all the boxes. I reckon he will be introduced to the fans at the match tomorrow.

I think that we have to trust the due diligence and process that Clive and the board will have gone through. One thing is for certain they will have interviewed and vetted all the candidates thoroughly several times over the last couple of weeks and will have got the best person in possible and for that they must be applauded. I am sure we will give the new manager our whole hearted support and I have a positive feeling that the good times haven't stopped rolling just yet!

Whilst he doesn't sparkle with his delivery in interviews, in stark contrast to Danny or Nicky, I like what Jamie McCombe is saying and get the impression that the Cowley method and routines are continuing to run in the background. I don't get the impression that the wheels have fallen off but that all the analysis work and preparation methods are continuing, as far as possible, as before.

I would be more than happy with Michael Appleton as manager and Jamie as his assistant and very much hope that the Cowleys have indeed left a legacy, as they intended, which can continue to play a big part in the future of the club. Maybe the fusion of Appleton and Cowley ideas and methods can move us on to the next level, i.e. tier 2 football, that most of us on this forum have never seen at Sincil Bank.
Isn't he more likely to get Fazackerley as his assistant?

From what I have heard it was us who decided not to go with Gareth or Flynn and not the other way round. Combination of monetary demands coupled with long term commitment and not fitting in with our vision etc. It appears that through the process Appleton seems to have come out ticking all the boxes. I reckon he will be introduced to the fans at the match tomorrow.

I think that we have to trust the due diligence and process that Clive and the board will have gone through. One thing is for certain they will have interviewed and vetted all the candidates thoroughly several times over the last couple of weeks and will have got the best person in possible and for that they must be applauded. I am sure we will give the new manager our whole hearted support and I have a positive feeling that the good times haven't stopped rolling just yet!

Appleton was apparently not very popular at Oxford when he started. Fortunately their owner stuck with him and they reaped the rewards. Let's hope us the fans do the same if he makes a slow start here..

I believe Denmark is still notoriously expensive for alcohol, not that I have ever been there.

An old friend of mine once paid £46 for three pints of bitter. Sound expensive? Particularly so, given that it was 1986.

It was in the Dickens in Sheffield, a popular watering hole of the time. The unfortunate man had won a £50 note in a competition in the Sheffield Star and had just been to collect his winnings. Having waved it to all and sundry, he put it in his wallet for safe keeping. He then inadvertently used it to buy a round a few minutes later, only discovering his error some hours later when he next opened his wallet. Strange that the barman didn't say anything...

I can still hear the laughter now.

I wouldn’t have been waving £50 notes around in Dickens.

Appleton was apparently not very popular at Oxford when he started. Fortunately their owner stuck with him and they reaped the rewards. Let's hope us the fans do the same if he makes a slow start here..
At Oxford he took over a club that had finished outside the play offs 4 seasons in a row. 2013 they had been top 3 most of the season under wilder. Until Wilder resigned at the end of the jan transfer window (we know how that feels...management upheaval), and oxford finished with 11 defeats in 15 - relegation form. Appleton inherited that squad at the start of the next season

At lincoln he takes over a squad that have just won a championship. And a club that have previously had a playoff campaign and a championship.

Two different momentum situations?

So best for us to not like him for quite a while and then we'll get promoted ?

Would Pep really be any good?
Failed to win every single match last season.
His teams occasionally score less than five goals.
How many times has he won his team promotion? Any??

Actually, yes.

In the one season he wasn't in the top division he got Barcelona B promoted from the Catalan (fourth level) to the regional (third level).

Mind you he did have the benefit of young Busquets, Thiago and Pedro.

At Oxford he took over a club that had finished outside the play offs 4 seasons in a row. 2013 they had been top 3 most of the season under wilder. Until Wilder resigned at the end of the jan transfer window (we know how that feels...management upheaval), and oxford finished with 11 defeats in 15 - relegation form. Appleton inherited that squad at the start of the next season

At lincoln he takes over a squad that have just won a championship. And a club that have previously had a playoff campaign and a championship.

Two different momentum situations?

Perhaps he won't fancy some of our squad, or they don't fit his playstyle, or they don't like the new manager and don't want to give everything for him?

Completely agree. I have total faith in anyone who is willing to travel from South Africa to watch Lincoln on a cold Tuesday night in Rochdale amongst our fans. Whatever decision he makes will be taken with an unbelievable amount of due diligence and ultimately a desire to connect the management of the club to its fans, which is all we can ask for!

Completely agree. I have total faith in anyone who is willing to travel from South Africa to watch Lincoln on a cold Tuesday night in Rochdale amongst our fans. Whatever decision he makes will be taken with an unbelievable amount of due diligence and ultimately a desire to connect the management of the club to its fans, which is all we can ask for!

Completely agree

We pulled up next to Clive and Liam at the traffic lights near Rochdale's ground on Tuesday. Thought about winding the window down and challenging them to a drag race but then looked at Liam's huge powerful Audi and thought better of it!:grinning:

Completely agree

We pulled up next to Clive and Liam at the traffic lights near Rochdale's ground on Tuesday. Thought about winding the window down and challenging them to a drag race but then looked at Liam's huge powerful Audi and thought better of it!:grinning:

Ahh!
Good bit of spotting there.
Combine that with Mr Appleton being spotted at Spotland (appropriaty named it seems!), then were Clive and Liam not onboard the team bus so they could have a post match meeting with Mr Appleton???