Who next? | Page 82 | Vital Football

Who next?

Yeah disappeared off skybet but still a couple of places got it on at either 1/8 or even 2/17.
Seems the bookies are waiting on the announcement too.

Or possibly Appleton still feels a connection with Oxford and their supporters and has requested that the appointment is held off until after that game? Monday morning would be my guess on when this is announced

Or possibly Appleton still feels a connection with Oxford and their supporters and has requested that the appointment is held off until after that game? Monday morning would be my guess on when this is announced
Me too or if it is announced tomorrow he won't take charge until Monday, just a watching brief Saturday.

Hearing he's agreed to be our manager, social media so definitely not accurate but sounds very close now.

This is a tough one, if we played Billericy in the fa cup and Rheady scored and didn’t celebrate I’d have respect for him, however if we drew Mansfield and Grant score for us and didn’t celebrate I’d be disappointed in him.

There is a difference between being sentimental and showing respect.

Presume announcement tomorrow, introduced to the crowd on Saturday and takes charge officially from Monday ?

If he is announced tomorrow he is on our payroll, he's our manager and I would expect as a professional he puts all that he did with Oxford behind him rolls his sleeves up and gets his arse in our dugout to show the players he's here and means business.
He wont have a great tactical input but it will focus the players and give that extra boost when he gives his opening pre match and half time team talk.

It was in Denmark in the 80''s and well over 10 kr a bottle then. Which if my memory serves me right was a £5 then.
I believe Denmark is still notoriously expensive for alcohol, not that I have ever been there.

An old friend of mine once paid £46 for three pints of bitter. Sound expensive? Particularly so, given that it was 1986.

It was in the Dickens in Sheffield, a popular watering hole of the time. The unfortunate man had won a £50 note in a competition in the Sheffield Star and had just been to collect his winnings. Having waved it to all and sundry, he put it in his wallet for safe keeping. He then inadvertently used it to buy a round a few minutes later, only discovering his error some hours later when he next opened his wallet. Strange that the barman didn't say anything...

I can still hear the laughter now.